FiiO Q3 iPhone/iPad/iPod/PC USB DAC, APT-X bluetooth, a new design.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #46 of 61
@JamesFiiO listen right music with a Q1 mk2 right know! Great for IEMs but I have an Hifiman too! Can I ask if there's a portable dac/amp like this one but made with full size headphone in mind in the future?with a high power output like your A5 and with a good dac section, without 2,5mm as it would increase a lot the price as balanced cables for headphones the same as a Q1 and every headphone manufacturer has his different plug in the HP so you can't swap a cable with the one of another pair

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #47 of 61
I like the design and the bluetooth is a big boost to me. With my Q1mk2 and 2 different android phones, I cannot get the DAC/amp not to drain battery from the phone (one is usb-c and other micro-usb).
You can fix this technology problem 2 ways.

Bluetooth with aptx or by separate data and charging ports. This device addresses with the Bluetooth.

Even thought I just got the Q1 I'd be interested in this one. What's the estimate on price?

Darth

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #50 of 61
Ooh, ooh... If it's meant to supersede the E17K, will it also have tone controls? More often than not, I find that the ability to not only (+) but also (-), to be extremely utilitarian.

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #51 of 61
I'm really interested to know if this is still in development!

I have been using the Q1ii for almost a month and I'm really impressed but would love to have bluetooth as well (I wish Q1ii had this option instead of Balanced 2.5mm!), so I'm looking forward to the Q3.

From the pre-renders I would go for either A as first choice or C as the second.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #52 of 61
Been enjoying the Q1 mkii for about 6 months now. Using it exclusively in balanced mode. Made cables for all my headphones and IEMs. Balanced mode really makes a difference on both my planar and dynamic drivers. Balanced is a must for Bass control on Planars.

My wishlist for the Q3. Balanced mode power output of 400mw at 60ohms, 200mw at 150ohms, 100mw at 300ohms. Balanced out to 2.5mm and 4.4mm. Same DAC and amplifier as Q1 mkii. Bluetooth 5.0 with Aptx, Aptx HD, LDAC, AAC and support for Qualcom's new Aqstic would be nice to have. 8-10 hours of battery life. Similar dimensions as the A5. USB Audio, Coax and Optical input. USB Type-C. Three level Gain, Bass, Treble switches. Same Volume control as Q1 mkii or the newer Q5. All for $250 :}

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #53 of 61
Been enjoying the Q1 mkii for about 6 months now. Using it exclusively in balanced mode. Made cables for all my headphones and IEMs. Balanced mode really makes a difference on both my planar and dynamic drivers. Balanced is a must for Bass control on Planars.

My wishlist for the Q3. Balanced mode power output of 400mw at 60ohms, 200mw at 150ohms, 100mw at 300ohms. Balanced out to 2.5mm and 4.4mm. Same DAC and amplifier as Q1 mkii. Bluetooth 5.0 with Aptx, Aptx HD, LDAC, AAC and support for Qualcom's new Aqstic would be nice to have. 8-10 hours of battery life. Similar dimensions as the A5. USB Audio, Coax and Optical input. USB Type-C. Three level Gain, Bass, Treble switches. Same Volume control as Q1 mkii or the newer Q5. All for $250 :}
NICE. Thanks for weighing in, too.

Also not to forget, perhaps a clickable volume pot (digital volume implementation to prevent crackling and channel imbalance) to lock the whole interface. Nobody likes a sudden "Oops! Hearing damage, sorry!" from accidental turns in the pocket. Aand an ever decreasing output impedance, of course. The closer we can get to the headphone's/IEM's actual sound, the better!
:beerchug:

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #54 of 61
NICE. Thanks for weighing in, too.

Also not to forget, perhaps a clickable volume pot (digital volume implementation to prevent crackling and channel imbalance) to lock the whole interface. Nobody likes a sudden "Oops! Hearing damage, sorry!" from accidental turns in the pocket. Aand an ever decreasing output impedance, of course. The closer we can get to the headphone's/IEM's actual sound, the better!
:beerchug:

Yeah, some kind of volume lock/protection would be nice. I do believe the Q1 mkii has some digital follower element to it, although it does occasionally crackle. Hopefully they fix it or go the route of the Q5->Analog Pot>ADC>Analog Volume Chip. Analog volume is a must. Never really appreciated analog controls until after hearing how amplitude changes can affect tonality.

Nov 28, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #57 of 61
Jun 14, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #58 of 61
Finally FiiO Q3 will be released?
XMOS 768kHz/32bit, AK4462, MFi, Dual THA-AAA balanced output
https://www.weibo.com/2521540564/J6rKfdM3P?type=comment#_rnd1592144683270
964ba7d4gy1gfqnqnghs4j20u01hc4bs.jpg

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #59 of 61
Jun 22, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #60 of 61
I've not heard earmen, but based on what I read it is pretty powerful. And I've also not heard THX-AAA either. But I have not read rather or not it is powerful like the earmen. Anyone with both able to share anything about power comparison.

The Q3 front end looks similar to the Q1mkii. I wonder if the line input works like the nx4 and not like the Q1mkii (uses adc).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back