FiiO Q3 iPhone/iPad/iPod/PC USB DAC, APT-X bluetooth, a new design.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #32 of 61

Q3 continues to update ID. Like this.

Liking the rounded edge. If going with the straight/square edge, I prefer the semi-hexagon edge design from the first page (concept E "straight").

Will there be provisioning for USB Type-C?

Implementing it would future proof the design, especially with talk of removing the 3.5mm jack and the majority of newly released phones having USB Type-C.

Mar 13, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #33 of 61
Liking the rounded edge. If going with the straight/square edge, I prefer the semi-hexagon edge design from the first page (concept E "straight").

Will there be provisioning for USB Type-C?

Implementing it would future proof the design, especially with talk of removing the 3.5mm jack and the majority of newly released phones having USB Type-C.

The type-c interface is not currently considered, but Q3 will have a micro to type-c adapter cable in the box.

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #34 of 61
The type-c interface is not currently considered, but Q3 will have a micro to type-c adapter cable in the box.

Questions:
1. Can you pass audio through the adaptor or just charging?

2. Can you connect the Q3 via cable to a phone / audio player and then via bluetooth (BT) to headphones?

3. What's the design life of the Q3?

------

Not integrating Type-C seems to go against market norms at the moment. I don't know about others; however, the benefits of fast charging and passing audio (i.e. when companies remove the 3.5mm jack) would be preferred in the long term.

In addition, the majority of new laptops (MACs and Windows) have Type-C ports as standard now and it's easier to downgrade a cable than upgrade.

To elaborate on Q2, allowing headphones to connect to the Q3 via BT would alleviate the need for an APT-X codec on the phone / device.

Thanks !!

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #35 of 61
Questions:
1. Can you pass audio through the adaptor or just charging?

2. Can you connect the Q3 via cable to a phone / audio player and then via bluetooth (BT) to headphones?

3. What's the design life of the Q3?

Not integrating Type-C seems to go against market norms at the moment. I don't know about others; however, the benefits of fast charging and passing audio (i.e. when companies remove the 3.5mm jack) would be preferred in the long term.

In addition, the majority of new laptops (MACs and Windows) have Type-C ports as standard now and it's easier to downgrade a cable than upgrade.

To elaborate on Q2, allowing headphones to connect to the Q3 via BT would alleviate the need for an APT-X codec on the phone / device.

Thanks !!

1.Q3 will provide three kinds of cables, micro to micro usb, micro to type-c usb, micro usb to lightning, respectively, to support the FiiO's DAP\Android phones\computer\iPhone audio decoding, Charging is still using the common USB-A to micro usb cable.
2. 是的,Q3有蓝牙接收功能,可以通过蓝牙接收播放器的音乐,省去连接线材的麻烦。支持APT-X
2.The Q3 has a wireless audio receiver function, through Bluetooth, Reduce the trouble of connecting signal cable. Support APT-X
3. 工作时间10小时以上
3 more than 10 hours working time
另外,虽然type-c是将来的趋势,我们不会在Q3上率先使用,同时也考虑到和DOCK K5的兼容性。
In addition, although type-C is a trend in the future, we will not be the first to use on the Q3, and also taking into account the compatibility with FiiO DOCK AMP K5.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #37 of 61
1.Q3 will provide three kinds of cables, micro to micro usb, micro to type-c usb, micro usb to lightning, respectively, to support the FiiO's DAP\Android phones\computer\iPhone audio decoding, Charging is still using the common USB-A to micro usb cable.
2. 是的,Q3有蓝牙接收功能,可以通过蓝牙接收播放器的音乐,省去连接线材的麻烦。支持APT-X

2.The Q3 has a wireless audio receiver function, through Bluetooth, Reduce the trouble of connecting signal cable. Support APT-X
3. 工作时间10小时以上

3 more than 10 hours working time
另外,虽然type-c是将来的趋势,我们不会在Q3上率先使用,同时也考虑到和DOCK K5的兼容性。

In addition, although type-C is a trend in the future, we will not be the first to use on the Q3, and also taking into account the compatibility with FiiO DOCK AMP K5.

Thank you, great on the cable selection and dock.

Shame about not transmitting APT-X as well. I was hoping to use this on my commute to work (PXC 550) as well as at home. Nexus 6P doesn't have APT-X.

I will still get the Q3 though, the E17K has been nothing but a joy since I bought it.

Keep up the great work !!

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #42 of 61
The new Q1 Mark II, with 2.5 balanced output, Mfi certification, support iPhone decoding.
Q1 cheaper than Q3, the function is more concise, and the development of Q3 more difficult, so it will take longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back