FiiO Q1MKII- Native DSD Support, XMOS USB DAC chip, DAC AK4452, 20 hours
Jan 1, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #376 of 834
I'm talking digital out through usb which is how I understood the original post regarding this. They'll all do line out, but the rest can do coax out, or the new X5III, X7, and X7II can do digital out through usb which the X3III cannot like the N3 and M2s can. I may have misunderstood and if I did my apologies, but this is what I thought was being discussed.
You need both plug OTG micro Cable (both micro plug are ID and G short connections), It can be used in this way. FiiO X5III Micro USB out via the both OTG cable digital audio in Q1MKII.

Jan 2, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #377 of 834
You need both plug OTG micro Cable (both micro plug are ID and G short connections), It can be used in this way. FiiO X5III Micro USB out via the both OTG cable digital audio in Q1MKII.
Since you brought it up when you mentioned the X5III, does the Q1II work with Android? All they advertise is Apple compatibility.

Jan 2, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #378 of 834
Depends on the Android device. For instance, I can get it to go with the X5iii and X7ii, but it won't with my wife's much older Galaxy.

Jan 2, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #379 of 834
Depends on the Android device. For instance, I can get it to go with the X5iii and X7ii, but it won't with my wife's much older Galaxy.
I would need more confirmation than this before I jump on this. $99 is a lot to spend on a maybe, but the Q1II fits what I'm looking for to pair with my Android phone. There's still not much real world feedback on it yet to take the chance.

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #381 of 834
I would need more confirmation than this before I jump on this. $99 is a lot to spend on a maybe, but the Q1II fits what I'm looking for to pair with my Android phone. There's still not much real world feedback on it yet to take the chance.

I use it with my Note 4 and it does DSD and does not drain battery from Note 4. I posted the cable earlier but I will look for the box if you cant find that post a few pages back.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...b-dac-chip-dac-ak4452-20-hours.855282/page-24

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #382 of 834
Since you brought it up when you mentioned the X5III, does the Q1II work with Android? All they advertise is Apple compatibility.

As the other posters before me already said, it will depend on the particular Android device.

Doesn't work with my Asus Google Nexus 7 (2nd generation) tablet or Leagoo Z5c smartphone despite owning several compatible OTG cables and adapters. No idea - maybe root access or the USB Audio Player Pro are required. Imo it would be quite nice to have an overview thread where users could report about which of their Android devices have native Q1 MkII support.

- - - - - - - - -

Anyway, my review is finally up: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2018/01/fiio-q1-mkii-review.html#more

DSC04790-small.JPG

Jan 3, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #383 of 834
There are too many types of Android mobile phones. Although Q1Ⅱ supports some of the mobile phones, it is still not sure that the firmware is stable after the upgrade, so there is no publicity for this function.

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #384 of 834

I don't think that's a huge amount tbh, it's a very good price for this DAC. In any case you could just get it from Amazon and send it back if it doesn't work for you. That's the only way you're really gonna know.

I noticed my local dealer advertise a connector called FiiO TC03 for the MII
https://www.mobileztore.se/product.html/fio-tc03-for-q1-mark-ii-samsung-kompatibel?category_id=9
I have not seen this one mentioned before

Hmm that cable looks interesting, do they ship internationally?

EDIT: Just checked it and they do ship to UK but it would cost me £22 lol :triportsad:

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #386 of 834
I just got the Q1M2, hooked it up to my iPhone 8+ with UM ME.1. Really like the sound. For the ME.1, it blows away (IMO) the DragonFly Red.

I'm gonna have to replace this cable Fiio provided, though. I think it'll end up coming apart eventually.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #388 of 834
Finally somebody with the balls to say it. Gotcha back bro.

The DFR has been my primary headphone DAC/amp for a good two years, so I'm pretty familiar with the sound and output. I've been using it with the ME.1 for a few days and I immediately noticed a difference when I paired it with the Q1M2. The sound is just fuller, even at lower volumes.

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #389 of 834
The DFR has been my primary headphone DAC/amp for a good two years, so I'm pretty familiar with the sound and output. I've been using it with the ME.1 for a few days and I immediately noticed a difference when I paired it with the Q1M2. The sound is just fuller, even at lower volumes.

ill make an a/b test with q1mk2 and DFB, not shure if i already did, but ill do it again for good measure.

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #390 of 834
I'm really enjoying how musical this DAC is! Its such a pleasure to listen to, the sounds are so sweet and beautiful. Especially when listening to some orchestral and melodic Trance, like Sound Apparel - Dream for example. The breakdown just sounds godlike!

Amazing! :dt880smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back