FIIO Q15 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #571 of 793
I am seriously considering getting a FIIO Q15, and as to not limit my options, and I was wondering if you guys could suggest a few alternatives that I could give a listen in addition to the Q15? I do not care much if its a desktop or portable dac/amp (it will go onto my bedroom table), but it needs to have no less than the same power as the balanced output of the Q15 and costing about the same +-. I need it to have USB input (from my phone) and 4.4 balanced output to headphones. Also, as far as my listening preferences go, I love listening to all kinds of music on my Topping DX9 (AKM DAC's) while I do not like any other Topping ESS DAC's that I have heard. So I am more into organic, analogue, life like sound with great 3d spatial parameters, and I am not fond of surgical, analytical musical presentation. Probably a tiny bit on the warmer side of neutral would be correct for me.

Any suggestions welcome 👍
An option is the Earmen Angel, which recently has been on sale for the same price as the Q15 (list price is $799). I actually have been asking if anyone has compared these two, and thoughts about owning both… :)

Mar 7, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #579 of 793
Thanks for the suggestions👍

Curious about the IFI Gryphon in particular. A shop close to me has it, so I will go listen.
From My experience Ifi products are good, my only concern with Griffon against Q15 is the difference of power for some of my iem's and some of my headphones ( planar but not only) Griffon is a little short.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back