FIIO Q15 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #467 of 800
Both PEQ in fiio app & device itself off?

Well, consider me a freako, but I've never connected it to any FiiO app.
I don't really need to tweak it that much.

So I guess that leaves it as "OFF" in the app.
( :

Regarding my troublesome experience:

After getting "Firmware upgrade finished successfully" and Q15 taking forever to finish updating, I waited for another 2 hours.
Since I had to go out and couldn't leave both the PC and FiiO turned on while I'm away, I took the plunge and decided to disconnect Q15. Nothing happened. Then I turned it off, waited for a little bit and connected it to PC once more.
It turned on, showed "Updating" screen again, though this time, after about 2 minutes, it finally restarted and came back from the dead. Now it's fully working, with v1.82 under the hood.

But I don't think I'll risk updating it anytime soon.

giphy.gif

Feb 3, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #468 of 800
Well, consider me a freako, but I've never connected it to any FiiO app.
I don't really need to tweak it that much.

So I guess that leaves it as "OFF" in the app.
( :

Regarding my troublesome experience:

After getting "Firmware upgrade finished successfully" and Q15 taking forever to finish updating, I waited for another 2 hours.
Since I had to go out and couldn't leave both the PC and FiiO turned on while I'm away, I took the plunge and decided to disconnect Q15. Nothing happened. Then I turned it off, waited for a little bit and connected it to PC once more.
It turned on, showed "Updating" screen again, though this time, after about 2 minutes, it finally restarted and came back from the dead. Now it's fully working, with v1.82 under the hood.

But I don't think I'll risk updating it anytime soon.

giphy.gif
Good it finally finish the upgrade process !

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #469 of 800
Hello guys. I had the Toping G5 and Xduoo XP2-Bal, and my biggest disappointment with these all-aluminum structure devices is the weak Bluetooth signal. It would cut off even if I had the smartphone in one pocket and the device in another. This makes me hesitant to switch my BTR15 to a Q15.

How is the Bluetooth range of the Q15? Any examples?

Thank you.

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #470 of 800
Hello guys. I had the Toping G5 and Xduoo XP2-Bal, and my biggest disappointment with these all-aluminum structure devices is the weak Bluetooth signal. It would cut off even if I had the smartphone in one pocket and the device in another. This makes me hesitant to switch my BTR15 to a Q15.

How is the Bluetooth range of the Q15? Any examples?

Thank you.

Bluetooth 5.1 should reach far more than 10m. Are you perhaps in an environment where lots of signal interference.

Feb 3, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #471 of 800
I have an ifi GoBlu and have not experienced any issues with the Bluetooth. It’s a simple and easy little dac and can highly recommend it for work and gym sessions. I was considering getting another Bluetooth dac but the more I read up I think I’ll wait for the new higher bit tech to come out

Feb 4, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #472 of 800
Thankfully, my first very brief impression is good. I hear nice detail and soundstage while retaining musicality. Not sterile like my Topping G5. Will most likely update after I have more time to listen. I got this because it was just $100 more than some competing dongles and it seems to be very much worth the additional cost.
is there a notable difference in soundstage depth and layering between the g5 and the q15? i dont care for width tho

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #474 of 800
Hi all, after a Q15 firmware update, I accidentailly selected Chinese as the language of the device instead of English. Now, of course, I can't read any of the settings to figure out how to get back to English! Reloading the 1.82 firmware does not work; I tried that and the device is still displaying Chinese. Any idea how I can do a factory reset to get back to English when I can't read anything it's telling me?

Feb 4, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #477 of 800
Hi all, after a Q15 firmware update, I accidentailly selected Chinese as the language of the device instead of English. Now, of course, I can't read any of the settings to figure out how to get back to English! Reloading the 1.82 firmware does not work; I tried that and the device is still displaying Chinese. Any idea how I can do a factory reset to get back to English when I can't read anything it's telling me?
I had the same problem I’m not at home I’ll give you where to make the change to go back to English when I’ll be back home

Feb 4, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #478 of 800
Have you tried Google translate or something similar?

Feb 4, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #479 of 800
If you can get into the menu, look for these characters: 語言. I don't read Chinese, but I accidentally switched the language to Chinese on my Q7, but was able to switch it back because I recognized that first character there from my Japanese studies.

Feb 4, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #480 of 800
I had the same problem I’m not at home I’ll give you where to make the change to go back to English when I’ll be back home
Just keep clicking through the menus, English will pop up amongst the Chinese, then click on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back