FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17
Jul 17, 2012 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Calikeane

New Head-Fier
This is my first post on head-fi though I have lurked a bit. I just got a FiiO e17 and love it but had a thought jut now that they really should make a portable flac player with decent storage capacity 15-25gb with a built in Amp and DAC. The only portable music player I have is my iPhone, so when listening to flac files on the go, ther are quite a few cords going all over and I have a phone in one pocket with my FiiO in the other. I would spend a nice amount for a multi-functional and multi-ported (1/4 inch plug as well as 1/8) unit as described or something similar.

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 12
This times one million. Integration is the next step in the world of audiophile-aimed portable devices. MP3 players are bulk enough, let alone an additional amp/DAC. I'm sure that a brand could make it at least the size of the old Zune, which would be perfect!

I'm all for it. But I don't have leverage at any sound companies, so my support is rather meaningless. xD 

Jul 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 12

Is there any portable flac player that will integrate the internal DAC in the FiiO or will it only ever be a portable amp? Listening with my computer and the FiiO is awesome but iphone (with FLAC player app) and FiiO not so much.

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #8 of 12
Dear god. Yes that is pretty much exactly what im talking about. It looks so well designed like usual from FiiO. PIC hope FiiO updates us on this or another DAP. I for one would certainly shell the cash out. If it had a built in amp with the Wolfson chip, it would be an end all purchase for portable needs. Also a 1/4 headphone in and thats a dream device.

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
Dear god. Yes that is pretty much exactly what im talking about. It looks so well designed like usual from FiiO. PIC hope FiiO updates us on this or another DAP. I for one would certainly shell the cash out. If it had a built in amp with the Wolfson chip, it would be an end all purchase for portable needs. Also a 1/4 headphone in and thats a dream device.

Quarter inch in...would be hilarious. Have you seen how much space they take up?

Jul 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #12 of 12
It's definitely doable though. I'm sizing my 1/4 adapters to my Fiio E17, and they could definitely squeeze one on there -- assuming it's the minimum size of the E17.

Ya it would be a whopping hole in the side of the unit but I don't imagine them making a device that's smaller than the e17. In my dream scenario the DAP was also a headphone amp and internal DAC so it would sound optimum. I doubt they could fit all that into a tiny package like the e17 or x3. It would needs to be slightly larger than the proposed size of the x3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back