FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Apr 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #1,906 of 3,739
Quote:
I personally also kinda do.

Stuff gets stuck in.

I dont even use it often. An hour a day with the E12 and then i use my desktop equipment.

Unless you got something liquid in there, I wouldn't be worrying about cleaning your pot already. Sometimes it does more harm than good. I only clean a potentiometer when there is a degradation in sound. It is unlikely that any lint has made its way into your E12 pot already.

edit: But if you are already hearing that degradation, I would see about getting a replacement unit from the seller.

Apr 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #1,907 of 3,739
Hi
OK I have a small contribution to this thread as I find the Fiio e12 a most impressive amp for its incredible price! Previously for the last year I have owned the Fiio e11.

I paid £109 three weeks ago for my e12, and yes I live in London, UK. My evaluation of this amp is based on my experience with both of my most used headphones. The Beyerdynamic DT1350, which I use for mainly portable use through my iphone 4S or ipod classic, (apple lossless files). As well as my Sennheiser HD650's which I use at home when the 'leakage' from these phones may not disturb my teenage children from their homework or watching whatever they watch on TV, they are not particularly private headphones.

Of course these Sennheisers rule supreme when used through my Roksan Caspian MK1 CD player via my Graham Slee 'Solo' headphone amp. But that is another story, here I am talking about the Fiio e12 portable amp.

So as for the 'supraaural' Beyers I find the best settings to be low gain (but relatively high volume level), with the bass boost on. Although this depends on what I am listening too. Sometimes Spotify through my iphone 4S doesn't need the bass boost although form the ipod on my iphone 4S or my ipod classic the bass boost is great! Absolutely no Cross-feed under any circumstances, it ruins the sound!
I find the sound utterly satisfying, compelling etc.

Usng my Sennheisers HD650's with the Fiio e12 no bass boost is needed, high gain, again no cross-feed at all. 
These settings on the Fiio e12 amp with my two headphones give me everything I need and more! Whatever genre I listen to.

This afternoon I have listened to some Bob Marley, 'Satisfy my soul' & 'Exodus'. Diana Ross, 'You are everything' & 'Touch me in the morning'! As well as the Tangerine Dream 'Phaedra' album, some 'Aes Dana' (European stuff!). As well as some Al Stewart 'Year of the Cat' track, with the Klaus Schulze 50 minute long 'Sense' track from his live album of 1979. Highly recommended although this is an aquired taste!
Enjoy the e12 amp.........I love it......I am happy......

May 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #1,909 of 3,739
Is this amp can power up my beyerdynamic dt990 pro 250ohm

The E12 will have no problem driving a pair of 250 or 600 Ohm Beyers.

May 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #1,911 of 3,739
Quote:
Thanks for the reply and which DAC should I buy ? Sound of my source is laptop and iPhone 5

The laptop is pretty easy:
there are a lot of DAC that will take the USB output from your laptop.

The iPhone5 gives everyone fits!
You can get a digital dock for the iPhone which outputs a digital SPDIF signal via RCA or Optical cable for the iPhone, which you then plug into a DAC. This is what I have.

Or you can buy a DAC which can decode the digital signal from the iPhone5.   I think HRT makes these.  I've never owned a DAC that takes an iDevice straight in.

Or you can take analog straight out of the iPhone5.   :frowning2:

May 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #1,912 of 3,739
May 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #1,915 of 3,739
May 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #1,916 of 3,739
Quote:
But does the iStreamer work with apple's new Lightning dock devices, for example the newest iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad?

Good question. I have no hands on with this device (I don't even own any apple products lol). I was just clarifying what Chris J was referring to.

May 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #1,917 of 3,739
Quote:
First time posting but a long time lurker.
Where could I find one of these bad boys?

If you are Canadian, then you can buy one from The Headfoneshop.
Yes, it's true.
We can't spell in Canada. 
wink_face.gif

May 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #1,918 of 3,739
May 13, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #1,919 of 3,739
Yeah. I hope it does. If it still plugs in via USB, then it should work, but if it plugs into the old 30-pin port/dock, then that won't work. I bet more iStreamer like devices will be developed especially in the current market, but even so, I hope Apple has better benefits planned with the new lightning dock than just "OOooOOHhhh, I can plug it in either way, woopee!"

May 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #1,920 of 3,739

Users who are viewing this thread

Back