FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Apr 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #1,891 of 3,739
Quote:
The value of FiiO products are in the description.

A desktop amp would better suit you.

That's true. But I do want to have the option to take it out with me when I want to, hence wanting portable. 

Besides, the main reason why I want the E12 is because of its looks. I don't really know many amps in this price range that'd look as good as this (more difficult buying from Australia).

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #1,892 of 3,739
Quote:

That's true. But I do want to have the option to take it out with me when I want to, hence wanting portable. 

Besides, the main reason why I want the E12 is because of its looks. I don't really know many amps in this price range that'd look as good as this (more difficult buying from Australia).

Many amps look hot these days 
tongue_smile.gif

Leckerton UHA series
Schiit M&M
FiiO E09K
(Insert brand here) Objective 2 amplifier
Maverick Tube Magic
Audinist HUD Series
Audioengine D/A

Obviously these are $200 units etc

Apr 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #1,893 of 3,739

That's basically why I bought the E12, too. However, once I got it, I realized how convenient it was to power my headphones from different devices. So it is portable (large size of pocketable, but long and slim is a better fit choice IMO than wider and fatter), but also it is convenient for changing your setup (Xbox, computer, the living room, or with my iPod on the porch or in bed). Of course some minor compromises are made, such as the need to occasionally charge it. Also, I revised my post... Instead of saying "I don't like it at all," truth is it doesn't sound awful, but not as good as straight from the battery, enough so that I just wait for it to finish charging. You could just charge it every other day whenever you're not using it, then you'd always have enough juice.

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #1,896 of 3,739
Okay before I bite the bullet:

1. It's okay to use in conjunction with my Xonar DGX right? And my iPod Classic 6G?
2. How noticeable will the improvement in sound be for both music and gaming? AD900X and A900X.
3. How will I plug them to the computer? I'll probably use the front panel (connected to the Xonar DGX) since my Swan M10s are on the back (no headphone input) and I'm afraid it might be a bit awkward with the provided right angled cables. Can I just use any cheap male to male 3.5mm cables?

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #1,897 of 3,739
1. Yes it is okay
2. Are you asking which is better? I havent heard the A900x, but I'll day the AD900x just because it's open and therefore has a better soundstage. Positioning is a little blurry sounding, but very good in general. The improvement for music with the AD900x is great because of how well the bass boost complements the rest of the sound. I don't competitive game, so idk.
3. You can use any male to male cable you want.

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #1,898 of 3,739
I got a chance to listen to my E12 at length today, and I like it a lot.
Listened to a variety of source material on Sony Z1000's and AKG K702's.

There's a whole lot more to say, but that sums it up.
It's a "keeper", and I don't hesitate even for a second to recommend it.

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #1,902 of 3,739
I read it was really sensitive to wireless signals ... it was meant to sit somewhere practically next to my router/modem (wireless is on for my phone/tablet) ... is that gonna cause an issue?

As a precautionary measure, I would not put any audio equipment next to a router!
Sounds like a recipe for noise to break into your audio equipment! :xf_eek:

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #1,904 of 3,739
Quote:
is it possible to clean the E12's volume pot? dunno if it can really be cleaned though

It's a new pot, the E12 is still under warranty, why do you want to clean the pot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back