FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Mar 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #1,666 of 3,739
Quote:
Isn't she justin beiber with boobs?
Cannot seem to recall
confused.gif

No, Beiber can actually sing!
Not a big fan in any way whatsoever, but at least the Beib can sing on key.
Taylor can sing on key every third or fourth word, but that's purely by chance..........
wink_face.gif

Not even the E12 can make Swift sound good!

Mar 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #1,669 of 3,739
Quote:
And here my biggest problem with Taylor Swift was that she's annoying and stuck in the mentality of an over-hormonal 15 yr old.

Wouldn't have anything to do with the Corporate music machine pumping these bimbo sapiens out of injection molding plants and marketing the hell out of them. the Taylors, Britneys et al are just a product the teen flavour of the day which has no clue what to do with itself when adulthood looms over them. Bimbo rock 101, Make IT Market IT, Make Room For The Next IT.

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #1,670 of 3,739
Don't forget the manufactured hunk-sterism of the music industry: One Direction (is that InSync part 2?), Rascal Flats, etc.  

PS: thanks for the review links, and the great Tyll quote.  

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #1,672 of 3,739
She ain't no Mingus

She ain't no Miles either.

At least Brittany is nicely upholstered! :p

An E12 would be wasted on either Brit or Taylor's music, etc.

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #1,673 of 3,739
got my E12 since last week. i think i dont need to give more impressions since i pretty much agree with most of the impressions here--- except that the e12 cant drive my 32ohm ortho ES7 using low gain, and it sounds abit wierd on high gain.

/me goes back to lurking mode

How is this possible?
I drive my Sennheiser HD600 with the E12 and even on low gain setting, I never need to go past the halfway mark. Anything more gets uncomfortably loud.
HD600 is rated at 300 ohms

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #1,674 of 3,739
Quote:
Quote:
got my E12 since last week. i think i dont need to give more impressions since i pretty much agree with most of the impressions here--- except that the e12 cant drive my 32ohm ortho ES7 using low gain, and it sounds abit wierd on high gain.

/me goes back to lurking mode

How is this possible?
I drive my Sennheiser HD600 with the E12 and even on low gain setting, I never need to go past the halfway mark. Anything more gets uncomfortably loud.
HD600 is rated at 300 ohms

The sensitivity of a headphone also plays a big role in the ability of an amp to drive a headphone to sufficient volume levels. Having an insensitive headphone (i.e. planar magnetic headphone) will require more power to get to the same volume level as a very sensitive headphone (i.e. earphone).

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #1,676 of 3,739
I bought my E12 off a fellow headfier as there's still no international release and I was tired of waiting.

I have to say the "subtle" bass boost is beautiful...I'm glad I got version 1. 

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,677 of 3,739
Quote:
^^
*shrug* I don't have the HD650, but in general the headphone has been described as having a laid-back sound. The E12 won't change that substantially. One trouble I have is people use "dark" to describe different things... If the HD650 has treble roll-off or just not much treble "sparkle" or brightness, the E12 probably won't change that. My Q701s still have sparkle without being too harsh (tho some poorly recorded songs sound harsh anyway), and my AD700 still had sparkle the one time I combo'd it with the Mont Blanc. If Bill-P meant dark in another way... I will just shrug and say it hasn't been a problem with my headphones, maybe someday I'll hear what he means with an HD650 but I'm not going to worry about it.

The E12 made my HE-400s sound brighter. More treble. So...

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,678 of 3,739
The E12 made my HE-400s sound brighter. More treble. So...

When I borrowed an HE-400 from a friend for a week, the difference between E12 and iPod headphone jack was the iPod was colder, thinner. I didn't have the headphones long term (and they're out of my reach now), but my experience didn't match yours. Then again, there are a few revisions of the HE-400, and the one I tested had velour pads which were quite nice.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #1,679 of 3,739
Yeargh when are they mass releasing this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back