FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Mar 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #1,591 of 3,739
Does anyone know how many e12s went out in the first batch. We must be getting to the point where 25% have been resold (you are a fickle lot)

ps I bought mine second hand so I could specifically get the original version

I think it was in this thread that someone mentioned using Velcro to attach it to your iPod. Some one mentioned it was industrial strength and thin. Can whoever it was define tell me how thin? as 2 pieces of the 3M stuff I have comes to 5mm and I'm wondering if there is something more suitable?

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #1,592 of 3,739
Quote:
I thought the revised bass boost was just shifted a bit higher than the first version, like a +6db boost to 70hz instead of 50hz or something, not increased and modified in quantity? Unless I missed a post from James a few pages ago?

James, is the revised bass boost the same as what you originally posted here?

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #1,593 of 3,739
Quote:
I think it was in this thread that someone mentioned using Velcro to attach it to your iPod. Some one mentioned it was industrial strength and thin. Can whoever it was define tell me how thin? as 2 pieces of the 3M stuff I have comes to 5mm and I'm wondering if there is something more suitable?

Fwiw, I think that I ended up getting the same 3M dual lock that you have, which probably isn't the "low profile" stuff.

Mar 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #1,594 of 3,739
I've done a little research, thanks.
So basically the choice is between clear 1.7 mm duel lock with a life cycle of between 50 and 100 cycles.  Or the black thats about 5mm and 1000 cycles.
and for me the thick stuff is 100% cheaper.  
beerchug.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,595 of 3,739
Quote:
Sure am. Curious about everything. I have the e11 and like everything (including that gain switch, comes in very handy:)) and am looking to see if the 12 is worth the upgrade. The most annoying feature of the 11 is no playback while charging. The extra money may be worth it for that alone.

Don't suppose the 11 fetches very much on the used market.

If you sell your E11 I'm interested.
I live around the corner from Toronto and just down the street from 3 (yes 3!) Tim Hortons!

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #1,596 of 3,739
Quote:

If you sell your E11 I'm interested.
I live around the corner from Toronto and just down the street from 3 (yes 3!) Tim Hortons!

I'll keep that in mind as soon as the E12 Becomes available again. Like hens teeth right now.
I didn't know ParaDice was anywhere near Toronto:) 3 Tims (+ 1 in a gas station) and 2, and counting Starbucks.

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #1,597 of 3,739
Is Tim Hortons a grocery store or doughnut shop?
And of course Head-Fi is a fickle lot, I assume several of the first buyers were just curious to hear the Mont Blanc and didn't actually need it. Me, I'm stubborn, lol. I do have a desktop amp that I love, but I like having a capable portable amp too, and I know I'll just kick myself later if I sold mine and later wanted to find the sub-bass boost version and have a good portable again for a good price. A few competitors have shown up in the past few months, but the Mont Blanc is still a pretty unique package. I might've considered an O2 or JDS Labs C5, but those cost more, I'm happy with what I have, and I have other things I wanna spend money on :wink:

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #1,598 of 3,739
Quote:
And of course Head-Fi is a fickle lot, I assume several of the first buyers were just curious to hear the Mont Blanc and didn't actually need it. Me, I'm stubborn, lol. I do have a desktop amp that I love, but I like having a capable portable amp too, and I know I'll just kick myself later if I sold mine and later wanted to find the sub-bass boost version and have a good portable again for a good price. A few competitors have shown up in the past few months, but the Mont Blanc is still a pretty unique package. I might've considered an O2 or JDS Labs C5, but those cost more, I'm happy with what I have, and I have other things I wanna spend money on
wink.gif

I believe it is the donut Shops.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #1,599 of 3,739
Quote:
And of course Head-Fi is a fickle lot, I assume several of the first buyers were just curious to hear the Mont Blanc and didn't actually need it. Me, I'm stubborn, lol. I do have a desktop amp that I love, but I like having a capable portable amp too, and I know I'll just kick myself later if I sold mine and later wanted to find the sub-bass boost version and have a good portable again for a good price. A few competitors have shown up in the past few months, but the Mont Blanc is still a pretty unique package. I might've considered an O2 or JDS Labs C5, but those cost more, I'm happy with what I have, and I have other things I wanna spend money on
wink.gif

Tim's is a coffee shop. Pretty much a staple among Canadians. I have an 02 in the build stage, waiting while I complete a Pass headphone amp, and consider The Wire, if the PCB's and kits become available over at DIYAudio. I'm in no hurry on the 02 as it is not really portable and I have an old Rega Ear on the desktop which works with just about every headphone I've thrown at it . The E11 was initially bought to pair with the Samsung Galaxy S, but it gets more use than I had thought as it is just way to convenient to carry around everywhere including room to room in the house. for portability and sound quality it is really hard to beat.BUT the no use while charging really grinds on me. If the Mont Blanc is anywhere as good sound wise, I will be getting hold of one, one way or another.

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #1,600 of 3,739
Tim's is a coffee shop. Pretty much a staple among Canadians. I have an 02 in the build stage, waiting while I complete a Pass headphone amp, and consider The Wire, if the PCB's and kits become available over at DIYAudio. I'm in no hurry on the 02 as it is not really portable and I have an old Rega Ear on the desktop which works with just about every headphone I've thrown at it . The E11 was initially bought to pair with the Samsung Galaxy S, but it gets more use than I had thought as it is just way to convenient to carry around everywhere including room to room in the house. for portability and sound quality it is really hard to beat.BUT the no use while charging really grinds on me. If the Mont Blanc is anywhere as good sound wise, I will be getting hold of one, one way or another.

I might get yelled at for this, but you should really check out the C&C BH amp, and corresponding thread. There are plenty of us old E11 users that have made the switch. Battery life, and no play during charge are most common reasons for switching. One member has gotten 85 hours after a charge. That is amazing.

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #1,601 of 3,739
The BH is a great amp for the price ($100) and does have ungodly battery time. I have a BH and E12 and only prefer the E12 because of the more textured bass boost. The BH is a good alternative that is a little more neutral and is great at detail retrieval.

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #1,602 of 3,739
Quote:
I might get yelled at for this, but you should really check out the C&C BH amp, and corresponding thread. There are plenty of us old E11 users that have made the switch. Battery life, and no play during charge are most common reasons for switching. One member has gotten 85 hours after a charge. That is amazing.

They censure product comparison here??

That is a good call. I'll have to look a little deeper into that. Thanks.

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #1,603 of 3,739
Quote:
They censure product comparison here??

That is a good call. I'll have to look a little deeper into that. Thanks.

Try going to the Sound Science Forum!
The Objective Crusaders censure all Subjective thinking.
Just like a scene out of the Ridley Scott film "Kingdom Of Heaven".
The Kingdom Of Heaven had a bunch of guys screaming "God Wills It!"
The Sci Forum has a bunch of guys screaming "Science Wills It!"

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #1,604 of 3,739
Quote:

Try going to the Sound Science Forum!
The Objective Crusaders censure all Subjective thinking.
Just like a scene out of the Ridley Scott film "Kingdom Of Heaven".
The Kingdom Of Heaven had a bunch of guys screaming "God Wills It!"
The Sci Forum has a bunch of guys screaming "Science Wills It!"

And here I thought objectivism died with Ayn Rand.  There's merit to both arguments, the problem with objectiveists is they run into a road block when it comes to the psycho acoustic model as science has not yet explained that sufficiently well to determine why we have a preference to one sound or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back