FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Feb 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,277 of 3,739
Quote:
How JDS O2 compares with FiiO E12?

The O2 is seen as a transparent neutral amp mainly made for desktop while the E12 is a pocket amp.

I've had the O2 beofre. I will be getting a custom O2 later this week and I will update my E12 review with impressions between my O2 and itself

Only problem is that my unit is a bit...special.

Feb 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #1,278 of 3,739
Quote:
The O2 is seen as a transparent neutral amp mainly made for desktop while the E12 is a pocket amp.

I've had the O2 beofre. I will be getting a custom O2 later this week and I will update my E12 review with impressions between my O2 and itself

Could you elaborate on what makes it special?  Curious to see if it lines up with what I want done to it.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #1,283 of 3,739
Micca Store is closely affiliated with many Asian sellers. Of which many have just spent CNY.

Did you call them or email them at the adresses listed?

I thought micca was an American store, in my expieriance it does not take more than a week to reply to an email. James fiio managed it a lot quicker

For the record, i have no problem with fiio, I found his communications to be punctual and very professional even over CNY when they were on holiday.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #1,284 of 3,739
Quote:
Quote:
Micca Store is closely affiliated with many Asian sellers. Of which many have just spent CNY.

Did you call them or email them at the adresses listed?

I thought micca was an American store, in my expieriance it does not take more than a week to reply to an email. James fiio managed it a lot quicker

For the record, i have no problem with fiio, I found his communications to be punctual and very professional even over CNY when they were on holiday.

"Micca Store is closely affiliated with many Asian sellers."

Micca is indeed in the US. I ordered my E12 from them and it shipped out from Virginia.

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #1,285 of 3,739
Anyone know how an iBasso P4 Warbler amp compares to the Fiio E12?

I own the P4, but also admire the reports of the fine fit and finish of the Fiio E12.

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #1,286 of 3,739
Quote:
How JDS O2  and C421 compares with FiiO E12?

Perfect timing! I just had my O2 comparison added to the bottom of 1st post, please check:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/649174/review-fiio-e12-vs-c-c-bh

I think O2 is still overall the better amp by majority vote.

Quote:

Yeah, I can't wait to read about that!

Quote:
Anyone with an E12 want to trade for a JDSLabs C421 with 8620 chip?  I'm going to get it up in the for sale section so I can buy an E12.  A trade would be even easier.

You know, I may be interested. I'm just about done reviewing my E12, and I'd love to get the C421 again, since my G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) is acting up again after the meet.

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #1,287 of 3,739
Quote:

Perfect timing! I just had my O2 comparison added to the bottom of 1st post, please check:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/649174/review-fiio-e12-vs-c-c-bh

I think O2 is still overall the better amp by majority vote.

Yeah, I can't wait to read about that!

You know, I may be interested. I'm just about done reviewing my E12, and I'd love to get the C421 again, since I'm starting to miss the more compact size. Shoot me a PM?

Nice comparison :)

I would have used a much better DAC considering the D3 isn't really for music purposes but it's a fixed medium so that works anyway.

A better amp can mean anything. I have many things that are 'better' but not ones that I prefer. I would prefer to listen to a $50 set of earbuds I have as opposed to a few Heir's I am current reviewing. 

I'll get it soon :)

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #1,289 of 3,739
Quote:
By the way, the comparison with O2 wasn't with the D3. It was done with a mix of ODAC, my iPhone 5, and directly from my MacBook. Let me note that in the thread, too. Thanks for catching that!

Oh no.

I read and was referencing to the CC and the E12 using the D3 as the DAC medium.

But yeah. Noting is fine.

You should have posted your review thread. Or did I miss it? I'm sorry if I missed the post.

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #1,290 of 3,739
I think you missed it, but then people were discussing a lot of things the last few pages, so that's unavoidable.

And I did try the comparison between E12 and C&C BH directly out of my MacBook. The result was worse for BH because the MacBook's output has more treble than D3's, and C&C BH was just adding even more to the flares. So D3 was the handicap I would like to give to BH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back