FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Mar 24, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #3,451 of 3,739
It's true that you don't want to leave lithium batteries at max pressure(4.2V) for a long time.  For a better life cycle, just don't go below 20% capacity and max around 4.1V.  This is what I do with my Ebikes.

But if you think about it, by 200 battery cycles there will be a newer and better E15.

There is a hardware solution for those that are curious in what their battery capacity is over time. Here is one device that will work.  There are cheaper usb power measuring tools too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LZ07BG0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2INAHOED2PV8&coliid=ID7QFD04HIM6Y&psc=1

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #3,452 of 3,739
If anyone is worried they should email of PM FiiO and ask it hey charge the battery to 100% or a little less to preserve battery life.
Hey, James are you watching?

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #3,453 of 3,739
Honestly, I don't feel that normal use as intended will be an issue and regular charging will be fine. I just pointed out that keeping the unit ALWAYS on the charger CONSTANTLY is bad and very stressful for the battery, like all lithium batteries. Like simply revving your car engine to max rpm constantly. You will wear it out quicker. Read the links I posted earlier if anyone is interested, but I feel this has gone way off topic and my apologies for starting it all.

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #3,454 of 3,739
Honestly, I don't feel that normal use as intended will be an issue and regular charging will be fine. I just pointed out that keeping the unit ALWAYS on the charger CONSTANTLY is bad and very stressful for the battery, like all lithium batteries. Like simply revving your car engine to max rpm constantly. You will wear it out quicker. Read the links I posted earlier if anyone is interested, but I feel this has gone way off topic and my apologies for starting it all.

That basically sums it up.
Case closed.

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #3,460 of 3,739
Powerd by cold fusion. No more stink'in batteries and wallwarts.

Cut back on the medicinal marijuana....:confused_face_2:

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #3,461 of 3,739
Cut back on the medicinal marijuana....
confused_face_2.gif

I'm not out west, here it's criminal
You were probably one those guys that laughed at the Wright brothers.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #3,462 of 3,739
You were probably one those guys that laughed at the Wright brothers.  :veryevil:

I did laugh, but I was laughing WITH them!

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #3,463 of 3,739
You were probably one those guys that laughed at the Wright brothers.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

I did laugh, but I was laughing WITH them!

That's what they all say.
You were probably laughing at Thomas Edison singing "Mary had a little lamb" into a wax cylinder. In this case I might have joined in laughing.

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #3,464 of 3,739
Why is there no desktop equivalent (so I can plug into USB) without any annoying noise? I want the crosstalk/bass boost features etc and a balanced volume control with no noise whilst being powered. I don't need any battery nonsense.

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #3,465 of 3,739
Why is there no desktop equivalent (so I can plug into USB) without any annoying noise? I want the crosstalk/bass boost features etc and a balanced volume control with no noise whilst being powered. I don't need any battery nonsense.

Um, because they didn't make one.

They have an e90k for desktop that uses the original e17 and e07k as a DAC but no crossfeed. About the same power output with USB.

http://m.fiio.net/en/products/8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back