FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Sep 20, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #3,091 of 3,739
You have the E12 on High Gain yes? (Little switch on the side indent towards the 16)

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #3,095 of 3,739
That was it.  Thanks.

I didn't notice those before.

I'm blown away with how many people don't know the capabilities of the things that they purchase. Not picking on anyone, just very surprised overall.

Sep 21, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #3,096 of 3,739
I'm blown away with how many people don't know the capabilities of the things that they purchase. Not picking on anyone, just very surprised overall.

Real men don't read manuals?

Sep 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #3,097 of 3,739
Just want to mention that E12IEM, or officially E12A, has been announced.

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #3,098 of 3,739
Real men don't read manuals?

Right.

But knowing how to do something is not the same as knowing what it can do.

Scenario...........

Lazy consumer: "Man I love this new truck. It's so shiny and big! Wait... What's this? How can I get more traction off-road. My rear tires seem to be slipping all the time and I'm not satisfied! Does anyone know how to get more traction? What's the trick? I'm thinking of returning this thing!

Informed consumer: "Turn on 4x4"

Lazy consumer: "That did the trick, thanks man!"

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #3,099 of 3,739
Right.

But knowing how to do something is not the same as knowing what it can do.

Scenario...........

Lazy consumer: "Man I love this new truck. It's so shiny and big! Wait... What's this? How can I get more traction off-road. My rear tires seem to be slipping all the time and I'm not satisfied! Does anyone know how to get more traction? What's the trick? I'm thinking of returning this thing!

Informed consumer: "Turn on 4x4"

Lazy consumer: "That did the trick, thanks man!"

LOL!
BTW, I was trying to be sarcastic in my post you quoted! :D

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #3,100 of 3,739
Sep 22, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #3,102 of 3,739
Oh man,I just got my E12 last week! What are the differences?

It will have an MUSES02 as opamp, and has a smaller voltage swing. No bass boost or crossfeed, but better clarity and soundstage while lower in hiss. It is mainly designed for IEM and sensitive headphone.

Sep 23, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #3,104 of 3,739
Ah I so hate when a company release a new better product within 1 year of owning their latest product so now I'm already gonna have an outdated product (-_-). I never liked the bass boost or crossfeed feature on the E12, I find them totaly useless when being used on my (Beyerdynamic T90) headphone and even on the neutral (DT880) which I also have so having a better opamp with more clarity and soundstage and less hiss can only be better for my 250Ohm headphone!

Is there any official release date and price? Also where do you guys buy Fiio products as they are extremly rare and hard to find in Canada :/

I am also about to buy a (Fiio X3) player as it appears to be using a very good DAC etc on it but I'm wondering if then after hooking it to my E12 if I'll be bypassing all the good stuff from the X3 to only be using the opamps found in the E12 or am I still gonna get and notice the improvement from the X3 player??? I currently have a (Cowon S9 32Gb) player and I really like also the idea of being able to use a 64-128Gb MicroSD card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back