FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Apr 20, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #2,821 of 3,739
I dont think this is the right thread to ask this but everyone in here has a Fiio E12 so... What pouch or case do you use for traveling in your portable gear? I already bought two cases and both are fail. It wont fit. Kinda hard to look for what case will work. ;(

I bought a CaseLogic and a Pelican both wont fit my rig. (iPod classic - Fiio e12 - ZO2)

Apr 20, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #2,822 of 3,739
I think you just bought the wrong sized pelican. I have seen other sizes that I was able to directly try putting on my iPod Classic and E12 on and they fit fine plus some room for my IEMs.

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #2,823 of 3,739
The problem is that he's got three components, every other cases I've seen used with the E12 had just have to fit two components.

If you're gonna stick with three components you're gonna need a hell of a large case :wink:

Apr 20, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #2,824 of 3,739
Apr 20, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #2,825 of 3,739
The following issue isn't exactly about the E12, but may be misattributed to the E12:

A few days ago my computer power supply OCZ600SXS stopped working (connector related), so I immediately bought a new, cheap one (Antec VP450) at the nearest Staples.

Suddenly, I hear audio static/noise from my soundcard that wasn't there before. Videocard activity such as moving the mouse also interfered with the sound, so it was a DPC latency issue. Usually, DPC latency issues are the fault of the motherboard or video and sound drivers, but I was using the exact same system. So it was the new power supply all along, and its irregular voltages.

That wasn't the only problem. Before, I can listen to the E12 while charging from a wall adapter with absolute zero noise at maximum volume. Now, I hear additional noise. Even when I plug the charger to a different outlet across the hall with a 15ft USB cable that I always used, I still hear charging noise. My power supply, above giving irregular voltages, is also improperly grounded.

So if you have audio static/noise issues with your computer or laptop, it may be the case that your PSU sucks.

Using the E12 with a portable player while charging doesn't emit noise at least with my JVC HA-SZ2000. But the SZ2000 cable is shielded, so that's a factor too. Try getting a shielded stereo cable that prevents ground loops.

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #2,826 of 3,739
Its not usual
Maybe you try line in cable to move a lil bit in and out
It could be a bad contact or high resistive cable
Voltage could be developed on bad places and produce hi freq noise

Keine Verbesserung, das Grundrauschen bleibt und wird stärker bei Gain 16. 
No improvement, background hissing stays and grows louder with Gain 16. Seriously Fiio, even the X3s headphone output is clean as hell. Also, it doesn't matter if there's a source connected or not, hisses right after I turn it on.

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #2,827 of 3,739
  Keine Verbesserung, das Grundrauschen bleibt und wird stärker bei Gain 16. 
No improvement, background hissing stays and grows louder with Gain 16. Seriously Fiio, even the X3s headphone output is clean as hell. Also, it doesn't matter if there's a source connected or not, hisses right after I turn it on.

Time to return it and contact FiiO.
Hoenstly, this is the first time I've heard of a bad defect on the E12. 

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #2,831 of 3,739
Es ist ein wenig unsinnig in einem internationalen Forum auf Deutsch zu posten.......weischt!!!

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #2,832 of 3,739
OK :)

what i mean is that you should take a clean source
for example my laptop has special USB 3.0 controller inside and when i plug my E12 to USB 3.0 port it has background Hiss
if I use USB 2.0 which is integrated one, hiss dissapears

if i use external original adapter : no Hiss
with cheap one: Hiss

deutsch ist halt ne internationale sprache
wer sie nicht versteht ,selber schuld :D :D
spass

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #2,833 of 3,739
Now this is interesting! Fiio created a kit to stack your E12 to X5. I wish there one for iPod classic. Or maybe its time to get a X5
wink.gif

http://fb.me/2Y8NEhHyb

Nice, I wish they'd come up with a similar solution for the x3.......

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #2,834 of 3,739
  Nice, I wish they'd come up with a similar solution for the x3.......

+1 to that!

The email I received back from them said it would not happen due to the size differences...
Too Bad, It looks like a great alternative to 3M dual lock...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back