FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Mar 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #1,713 of 3,739
Quote:
Dear Friends,

Thanks for your patience and constant attention!
Finally, E12 is ready for sale now [...]

Finally! It's time to spam my local dealer mailbox.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,715 of 3,739
Quote:
Is V1 going to be around at all?

I could be wrong, but I think that they are only manufacturing V2's now. Also, I don't think that any company have any V1's still available.

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #1,716 of 3,739
Quote:

I'm sure the revised bass boost will be fine/great/better for some, but I sure do like the version 1 bass boost with my gear. Sounds amazing with the AD900X (pngwn made me aware of that great pairing), and also works very well with the WS99 (which have a amazing bass signature to begin with).

Three problems for someone with somewhat wideband headphones (like my HD650): 
1. The original subtle bass enhancement is exactly what I need.  
2. The new bass feature will create bloat given the width of the boost. 
3. The bass now drops off in the low bass, which I can detect on other such devices, and disappoints.  

Too bad the switch can't be 3 positions.  

Also: I wish there were a subtle treble reduction slope down.  Many headphones are treble heavy, and on my HD650, the E7 and E17 seem hyped as well as slightly uncomfortable in the higher frequencies.  I get a tiny bit of improvement on the E17 with optical cable (removing USB charge) and with the gain set to max.

Question: is the E17 gain purely digital? If so, my observation would seem ungrounded, unless there is some issue with dither or truncation at different gain settings.  

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,717 of 3,739
Well, I've managed to stay away from here for ages, but the 9v battery died while I was commuting with my Graham Slee Voyager earlier this week, so I decided to look into rechargeable amps and stumbled across the Fiio E12.

I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered one!

No idea how it's going to stack up next to the excellent Voyager with my HD-25-1-II and UE TripleFi 10 (and from time to time HD-650), but we'll see.

It looks like it should be more airport screening friendly than the 9v-battery-in-a-project-box -Voyager at least!

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #1,718 of 3,739
Delivery of E12 on March 29th : 

Australia: Noisy Motel
South Korea: Headphone World
South Korea:  TS
Philippines: XTC
Singapore: Treoo
Thailand: FiiOThai Ordianary Partnership
Belarus: Morejka
Netherlands: HDPHNS
Poland: MIP
Estonia: Mamear AS

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #1,719 of 3,739
Three problems for someone with somewhat wideband headphones (like my HD650): 
1. The original subtle bass enhancement is exactly what I need.  
2. The new bass feature will create bloat given the width of the boost. 
3. The bass now drops off in the low bass, which I can detect on other such devices, and disappoints.  

Too bad the switch can't be 3 positions.  

Also: I wish there were a subtle treble reduction slope down.  Many headphones are treble heavy, and on my HD650, the E7 and E17 seem hyped as well as slightly uncomfortable in the higher frequencies.  I get a tiny bit of improvement on the E17 with optical cable (removing USB charge) and with the gain set to max.

Question: is the E17 gain purely digital? If so, my observation would seem ungrounded, unless there is some issue with dither or truncation at different gain settings.  

This is an Analog amplifier
Edit:
Ignore that comment, since this is the E12 thread I thought you were asking about the E12.....:xf_eek:

Mar 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #1,723 of 3,739
Understood.  Make sure to read the top paragraphs.  
I mention it because of the same maker and probably some same customers. 

Ignore that comment!
I thought you were talking about the E12! :xf_eek:

I suspect the volume control on the E17 is digital but I really don't know for sure.

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #1,724 of 3,739
Quote:
Delivery of E12 on March 29th : 

Australia: Noisy Motel
South Korea: Headphone World
South Korea:  TS
Philippines: XTC
Singapore: Treoo
Thailand: FiiOThai Ordianary Partnership
Belarus: Morejka
Netherlands: HDPHNS
Poland: MIP
Estonia: Mamear AS

When is MP4Nation scheduled to receive it?

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #1,725 of 3,739
I am thinking about purchasing an E12... then pair it with a DAC such as the HRT Music Streamer II. Would this be suitable for my Q701s? I need more of a portable amp for use with my laptop and this setup sounds tempting. Some feedback would be highly appreciated before I jump the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back