FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Jan 9, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #1,278 of 2,501
Most wireless solutions have some delay, is it huge, or it is below half a second?
It’s like Bluetooth that’s not Aptx-LL. Basically unusable for watching videos with any sort of lip sync. And of course there’s no way to fix that. I think Airplay does have some latency so it’s not the M9 at fault here. Pity the M9 doesn’t support Aptx-LL for use with videos. Can’t have it all I guess.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #1,279 of 2,501
updated tidal to the latest and masters are available for playing with yellow led on fiio logo

This is my final tick-box for this player. I know that it can do Tidal offline, but my MQA question with FiiO is still outstanding.

Could you confirm that it's really playing MQA music in MQA mode? Also, is this an update to the native Tidal app to provide MQA (I don't want to side-load a second Tidal app)?

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #1,280 of 2,501
This is my final tick-box for this player. I know that it can do Tidal offline, but my MQA question with FiiO is still outstanding.

Could you confirm that it's really playing MQA music in MQA mode? Also, is this an update to the native Tidal app to provide MQA (I don't want to side-load a second Tidal app)?
Good question. For me it plays with a green LED when it says ‘Master’, which is just regular flac as far as I know?

Jan 9, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #1,282 of 2,501
How do you reset this device.

I recently ran unto a problem where both my wifi and bt cut off (i was in range of both connections) so i went to reboot the device but now its been hanging on the reboot prompt screen for 10 plus minutes.

Jan 9, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #1,283 of 2,501
I think it will be enough to copy

Øresund Space Collective

And paste it in the Artist tag of any music file and you'll be able to reproduce it.

Or Ålesund or München or Österreich or Märchen or ë, ė, ã, æ, ù, ô and so on.
Or simply the FiiO music app should be compatible to ISO 8859-1.

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #1,284 of 2,501
Can I have an advise on balanced IEMs for M9 please?
I want balanced IEMs with warm sound signature and wide soundstage (as much as possible).
Price range around £150 + £25 for a better balanced cable.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #1,286 of 2,501

I side loaded a newer version of tidal 2.11.1 by installing the apk, which will do the unfold at 1x through the tidal app for masters. By sideloading, it will just update the tidal on the M9. Yes, the native tidal android app started to provide streaming in master quality with 1x unfolding. That's all i know to my knowledge.

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #1,288 of 2,501
Can I have an advise on balanced IEMs for M9 please?
I want balanced IEMs with warm sound signature and wide soundstage (as much as possible).
Price range around £150 + £25 for a better balanced cable.
Thanks.

moondrop kanas pro comes to mind

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #1,289 of 2,501
Hi, i rem Fiio stated before that the led for streaming apps acts like usb dac mode, only having blue or yellow; blue for 48k and below, yellow for above 48k. Green led is dsd.
Yes you’re right, it’s yellow (a very greenish-yellow though). Tidal says ‘Master’ but I doubt it’s true MQA, who knows? If you really want to stress out the poor M9 and see how weak the cpu is, play a music video through Tidal. :p

Jan 10, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #1,290 of 2,501
I side loaded a newer version of tidal 2.11.1 by installing the apk, which will do the unfold at 1x through the tidal app for masters. By sideloading, it will just update the tidal on the M9. Yes, the native tidal android app started to provide streaming in master quality with 1x unfolding. That's all i know to my knowledge.

Does it work well? My X5 III has some occasional stutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back