1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last
  1. Dobrescu George
    Only from within the Computer AFAIK

2. Dobrescu George
    Most wireless solutions have some delay, is it huge, or it is below half a second?

3. gLer
    It’s like Bluetooth that’s not Aptx-LL. Basically unusable for watching videos with any sort of lip sync. And of course there’s no way to fix that. I think Airplay does have some latency so it’s not the M9 at fault here. Pity the M9 doesn’t support Aptx-LL for use with videos. Can’t have it all I guess.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  4. Taz777
    This is my final tick-box for this player. I know that it can do Tidal offline, but my MQA question with FiiO is still outstanding.

Could you confirm that it's really playing MQA music in MQA mode? Also, is this an update to the native Tidal app to provide MQA (I don't want to side-load a second Tidal app)?

5. gLer
    Good question. For me it plays with a green LED when it says ‘Master’, which is just regular flac as far as I know?

6. adogg
    I think it will be enough to copy

Øresund Space Collective

And paste it in the Artist tag of any music file and you'll be able to reproduce it.

7. MPNow
    How do you reset this device.

I recently ran unto a problem where both my wifi and bt cut off (i was in range of both connections) so i went to reboot the device but now its been hanging on the reboot prompt screen for 10 plus minutes.

8. Daiyama
    Or Ålesund or München or Österreich or Märchen or ë, ė, ã, æ, ù, ô and so on.
    Or simply the FiiO music app should be compatible to ISO 8859-1.

9. bgtip
    Can I have an advise on balanced IEMs for M9 please?
    I want balanced IEMs with warm sound signature and wide soundstage (as much as possible).
    Price range around £150 + £25 for a better balanced cable.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  10. MPNow
    Nevermind figured it out

11. Madaual
    I side loaded a newer version of tidal 2.11.1 by installing the apk, which will do the unfold at 1x through the tidal app for masters. By sideloading, it will just update the tidal on the M9. Yes, the native tidal android app started to provide streaming in master quality with 1x unfolding. That's all i know to my knowledge.

12. Madaual
    Hi, i rem Fiio stated before that the led for streaming apps acts like usb dac mode, only having blue or yellow; blue for 48k and below, yellow for above 48k. Green led is dsd.

13. paulindss
    moondrop kanas pro comes to mind

bgtip likes this.
  14. gLer
    Yes you’re right, it’s yellow (a very greenish-yellow though). Tidal says ‘Master’ but I doubt it’s true MQA, who knows? If you really want to stress out the poor M9 and see how weak the cpu is, play a music video through Tidal. :p

15. rherinx
    Does it work well? My X5 III has some occasional stutter.

First

Back
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last