FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Jan 8, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #1,246 of 2,501
Yes I know this. But I’d like it to play from the top directory, else why show the play icon next to it?

Ok, simple solution to your problem is to remove the play icon in the top directory. :wink:

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #1,248 of 2,501
20190108_231812.jpg
updated tidal to the latest and masters are available for playing with yellow led on fiio logo

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #1,249 of 2,501
Exactly! Nothing irks me more than unfinished or incorrect UI elements, and UI grammar errors (don’t get me started on those). But maybe that’s just me.

Ah ok, then I got you all wrong. I thought you wanted it to work that way. :beerchug:

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #1,252 of 2,501
Good question. No idea! Can’t notice any difference with it on or off....
This is used when using the 2.5mm balanced output.
I was turning it on and off before I had a balanced cable. Which obviously did nothing.
It gives it more power, increasing volume. I think it’s the same or at least similar to the hi gain setting (although you can use both at once).
Thinking that not using either, unless you need it to get the volume loud enough with high impedance headphones, is the way to go. Should cause less noise/distortion.
I could well be wrong though...
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #1,258 of 2,501
Got a pair of FH5’s delivered today. All I can say is a bloody marvellous! Have now turned the EQ off. These IEMs are near perfect for me. Happy chappy.
Would still love a system wide EQ for some of my other headphones though.
I have the FH5 as my only IEMs and would still like system wide EQ to play around with some tweaks.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #1,260 of 2,501
Some help required from those that know more than I do. Recently purchased the M9 purely for its Bluetooth capabilities. It’s an impressive bit of kit. Except,for me,one problem. When using Bluetooth connected to eithe Bowers and Wilkins P7 and Px,or the Amiron Home,pressing pause leads to no sound when playback resumed.It matters not if pause is initiated via the headphones or the player. Sound only resumes when skipping a track. The M9 is running the latest firmware. Any help would be gratefully received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back