FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Jan 7, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #1,231 of 2,501
Hey guys (and @FiiO), having trouble trying to set up Fiio Link between my iPhone 7 and M9. For some reason I can only get the iPhone and M9 to pair when I have Personal Hotspot set to ‘on’ on the iPhone. Without this, the two try to pair, connect, and then almost immediately drop the connection.

I assume Fiio Link won’t work unless the two are paired? In Fiio Music on the iPhone I also assume starting Fiio Link is done via the Settings -> BT Control option, is that right? When I select that, it looks for Fiio devices, but even when paired in Personal Hotspot mode the M9 doesn’t show up on the iPhone.

What am I doing wrong?
Dear friend,

The FiiO Link for FiiO Music ios version hasn't been added yet. If everything goes well, we will add this function in February.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 7, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #1,232 of 2,501
Dear friend,

The FiiO Link for FiiO Music ios version hasn't been added yet. If everything goes well, we will add this function in February.

Best regards
Ah, that explains it! What’s the BT Control setting in Fiio Music for iOS then?

There’s no AAC support and no iOS support for Fiio Link. I guess that’s part of the downside of an Android player then :frowning2:

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #1,233 of 2,501
@RowBearToe
Do you have tagged the files with MP3Tag for example? The database is working with tags

I have not. Looking at MP3Tag it seems it allows you to change metadata, but what exactly needs to be tagged using MP3Tag? The .mp3 file has artist, album, track info already associated, is there something else that needs to be changed for the M9 to see it? I did notice that the mp3 files can be found in the folder structure and played, but don't show up in FiiO music, so it seems tagging could be the issue, I'm just not sure what needs to be added to the tag. Thanks for the help!

Dear friend,

The external playlist could not be added to the playlist category of the FiiO Music. But you could view them from folder browser of the FiiO Music instead.
Those album could not be shown up can be played from folder browser or not? If yes, could you view the music files from all music category?

Best regards

@FiiO, thanks for the response! So external playlists will never be able to be added to the playlist category of FiiO Music? Or that's an issue that is specific to me? Also, I can view them in the folder browser, but it won't let me play them through the browser. so they're still unable to be used.

Yes, the files that aren't showing up in FiiO Music can be found and played through the folder browser, but I can't view them from the all music category.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #1,234 of 2,501
@FiiO are you aware of the ‘bug’ that doesn’t allow you to play through sub folders in the folder view of Fiio Music?

For example, I have my music saved with the artist as the top directory and albums as sub directories. (Eg. Eagles —> Eages - Hotel California).

Clicking the arrow icon (play) from the top (Eagles) directory does nothing. I have to open up the directory and click play on an album directory for it to play. In other words I can’t play all the albums for an artist or in a directory from the top directory.

No point in having the play icon next to the top directory name is there?

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #1,235 of 2,501
Anyone else have issues with Bluetooth volume in the car? Paired my M9 with my car audio system last night but volume was anemic. Had to turn up the car volume to almost max for decent volume, or turn the M9 volume to 100+.

High gain and ‘absolute volume disable’ in developer settings does nothing.

On the flip side line out (with no volume adjustment) overwhelms the car audio system (too loud, clipping even at lower volume). Setting the M9 to allow volume adjustment at LO has the same issue as BT - totally anemic volume.

So it’s a choice between too hot or too cold.

@FiiO?

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #1,236 of 2,501
Anyone compare the sound of the M6 to the M9? Or have any links to reviews that compare the 2? I am trying to decide if the m9 is worth twice the price for my needs. If I can find the sound is similar, I would like the m6 and spend the rest of the money on new earphones.

Jan 7, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #1,237 of 2,501
Dear friend,

What scrolling? Sorry I failed to get your point. :cold_sweat:

Best regards
Hehe :D

@FiiO
I mean the line scrolling if a track title to large for the display as example. If you have a artist / album / title or whatever with a lenght about the max. of visible chars on a display, normally a scrolling from right to left happens (or in the other direction). With the scrolling I can see the whole track information - without scrolling just xy chars are visible but not the whole information. I have many tracks with "Title 1 (remix a)" "Title 1 (remix b)" but without scrolling I can see just "Title 1" without the other information about remix version for example - in this case I must select a track at first for showing the rest of the information. Normally you will see a scrolling before select. :wink:
The scrolling is not available in every situation, but it's needed to select the correct title.

Jan 7, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #1,238 of 2,501
I have not. Looking at MP3Tag it seems it allows you to change metadata, but what exactly needs to be tagged using MP3Tag? The .mp3 file has artist, album, track info already associated, is there something else that needs to be changed for the M9 to see it? I did notice that the mp3 files can be found in the folder structure and played, but don't show up in FiiO music, so it seems tagging could be the issue, I'm just not sure what needs to be added to the tag. Thanks for the help!

@FiiO, thanks for the response! So external playlists will never be able to be added to the playlist category of FiiO Music? Or that's an issue that is specific to me? Also, I can view them in the folder browser, but it won't let me play them through the browser. so they're still unable to be used.

Yes, the files that aren't showing up in FiiO Music can be found and played through the folder browser, but I can't view them from the all music category.
Where are the metadata? In the file description or in the file directly?
I tagged all my files very simple as 01-track.mp3. All the other information are tagged in the mp3 files as id3tag - i used MP3tag for re-tagging all my MP3's and FLAC's). The database normally uses the internal id3tag information to build the database structure with artist, title, year etc. pp.
In several cases, the database cannot read the internal structure correctly, so you can delete all id3tag informations with MP3tag and you can re-create the correct id3tag with information of the file structure or via cddb or freedb album search..
I found all my files (+20.000) stored in the database with all id3tag information. It seems, the M9 is reading the id3tag information correctly and the M9 is not the trouble maker.

Jan 7, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #1,240 of 2,501
Hi,i just order the m9 from jindong,now that my brother is in china so he can bring it to me.Paid 1870¥(232€) plus leather case,really good deal comaiderinc the m9 here in Spain is 320€.Now just need to wait 1 month till he come back.Hope its worth all the wait(also is my first dap)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,242 of 2,501
[QUOTE = "Imbrie, post: 14704380, miembro: 507158"] Hola a todos. He intentado buscar una respuesta pero parece que no puedo encontrarla. ¿La aplicación Apple Music es compatible con el M9? [/ QUOTE]
Hi all. I've tried searching for an answer but can't seem to find one - is the Apple Music app supported by the M9?

No, it is not within the apps or in the whitelist, I honestly do not think that this ever, greetings

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #1,243 of 2,501
@FiiO are you aware of the ‘bug’ that doesn’t allow you to play through sub folders in the folder view of Fiio Music?

For example, I have my music saved with the artist as the top directory and albums as sub directories. (Eg. Eagles —> Eages - Hotel California).

Clicking the arrow icon (play) from the top (Eagles) directory does nothing. I have to open up the directory and click play on an album directory for it to play. In other words I can’t play all the albums for an artist or in a directory from the top directory.

No point in having the play icon next to the top directory name is there?

Yes, you can. You can chose the first album and start playing. All following albums will be played through. But it will not stop with the last album, the player will jump to the next artist.

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #1,244 of 2,501
@FiiO , it looks like Swedish letters are not displayed correctly in Fiio Music. For example first letter of the "Øresund Space Collective" is displayed as an Asian hieroglyph.
I have the same issue with German unlauts, but I reported it a few months ago for the M7.The austrian band "DÖF" is displayed with asian chars. instead of the Ö. I have several issues more with other geman special chars / Umlauts.

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #1,245 of 2,501
Yes, you can. You can chose the first album and start playing. All following albums will be played through. But it will not stop with the last album, the player will jump to the next artist.
Yes I know this. But I’d like it to play from the top directory, else why show the play icon next to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back