1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
Next

Last
  1. dharmasteve
    Strange, I was thinking how good Spotify sounded. Especially using the balanced output. I generally use Tin Audio T2, also T2 Pro balanced and BQEYZ KB100's. I also stream Spotify to my HiFi System and it sounds pretty good too. Maybe it's your headphones...possibly.
    Steve

2. frustration101
    Using a Mac. Have copied the file to both player and sd card. Still can’t see it....

3. cjfreitag
    Spotify sounds good to me, both using my Shure 846 iems and Sony BT headphones. And album art does appear for me.

4. Richter Di
    I guess not.

Thanks for the review quotes.

I can full relate to these statements.
    I have three loudspeaker setups and always use @Jan Meier ’s DAC’s Daccord, 2 with the new ff technology, and I can say the the M9 does a good job as a digital transport - output via SPDIF - but not a great one.

5. cjfreitag
    Where are you looking? You have to tap on either the internal storage or SD card to see all the files and folders, and then you have to tap the apk file to actually install the app.

6. Richter Di
    Help, could somebody or @FiiO please tell mie where the L+, L-, R+, R- is with the 2.5 mm balanced?
    I bought an 2.5 mm male to 3.5mm female adapter in hope to use my 3.5 mm balanced cables from my Mitchell & Johnson MJ2 and my Hifiman. But I only hear one channel. So obviously the configuration is different to the Sony NW-ZX2. Or is the adapter faulty?

7. frustration101
    Yes. I have copied the file to both. When I go into the folder it is in I cannot see it on the M9. My Mac say it’s there....

8. cjfreitag
    Try doing a reboot of the M9.

9. frustration101
    Tried that. Just did it again, nothing there...
    Should I copy the whole zip file? (That’s what I’ve done)

10. frustration101
    Maybe rename the file?

11. cjfreitag
    I believe that when I did this I copied the apk file after unzipping on my Mac first.

12. frustration101
    Ok cool. Will try that shortly and let you know.
    Thanks for the advice!:beerchug:

13. frustration101
    Job done. I had emailed myself the zip file. Not the way forward! Downloaded from Fiio website to Mac. It automatically unzipped. Copied that to the SD card. Bingo!

14. Brooko Contributor
    This sort of misinformation really peeves me.

Redbook 16/44.1 delivers a dynamic range of 96 dB - which covers the range of human hearing. With dithering, you can increase that to 120 dB. What is dynamic range? Its the difference between the loudest and quietest sounds (ie musical peaks and the noise floor). If a quiet room has a noise floor of ~30 dB, then the 104 dB they measured means a range of 30-134 dB. IE - any noise floor is completely and utterly inaudible (masked by the music which is playing).

These guys quote these numbers but give no idea of what is audible.

And this bit is just laughable:
    Inaudible is inaudible. Playing high-res instead of redbook won't make a jot worth of difference.

Jayden16 and Dobrescu George like this.
  15. Manwue
    Hi to all,

Do you believe that Fiio m9 can handle well HD600 through the balanced output or an amp is needed?

Many thanks

First

Back
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
Next

Last