FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Sep 13, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #91 of 2,501
Time to create the thread for M9

10153030_thumb.jpg
So this seems to have same dac chip as fiio x5iii. Should we expect same bad performance via balance output? Or will it be implemented better this time. Could you please give clear answer with no bull?

Sep 13, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #92 of 2,501
So this seems to have same dac chip as fiio x5iii. Should we expect same bad performance via balance output? Or will it be implemented better this time. Could you please give clear answer with no bull****?
I bet you will get an instant reply from Fiio with this very friendly approach.

Sep 13, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #94 of 2,501
I bet you will get an instant reply from Fiio with this very friendly approach.
Lol. Just trying to provoke them and get actually answers . Them as many other manufactures are ignoring issues and negative feedbacks for their products. Looks like interesting device. But I hope, with better software and sound quality. 300 or 400 euros are serious amount of money for many people and we do expect something at least decent for those money.And lets face it x5iii had a huge potential, unfortunately with serious software issues and not nice balanced output. After all said here, probably will be hard to believe, that I am actually fan of fiio's products, but I am really!

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #96 of 2,501
Anyway, please tell us what is the main steam music app in your country so we can talk with them to get the licence .

Hi, James. I'm in Makati, Philippines and subscribe to Spotify.

Also, will the M9 support Bi-directional Bluetooth. That is, can it both receive and transmit Bluetooth Audio. It would be nice to be able to stream Bluetooth Audio to the M9 from let's say an AV receiver for those late night Movie watching.

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #97 of 2,501
Hi there! Tell please, should we expect the release of FiiO M9 in September-October, or it will be in the next year ? Thank you.
You do know that November and December are also an option. right? If not Sep / Oct - could still be in 2018... :wink:

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #98 of 2,501
@JamesFiiO - Can you please provide a (technical / spec / capability) comparison M9 vs. X5III ?
Sounds to me like those 2 devices are almost on the same level, only M series targeting "normal" customers, where X series targeting audiophiles?

Sep 17, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #99 of 2,501
Trying to decide if this is my best option between the X7/Q5/M9. I have an iPhone, a pair of Mobius coming, but I’d also like to be able to drive full-sized headphones. I lean M9 for the LDAC, but Q5/X7 for the AM5 module.

Sep 24, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #104 of 2,501
I backread a few posts and im confused: can we still install 3rd party apps or not? I was hoping I can use Spotify in this device :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back