1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. crabdog
    I never liked JOOX but have been really impressed with the Spotify.th service.

2. Westman
    More people like JOOX :smile_phones:

3. Sven2015
    haha it looks like a Sony... :wink:

btw. What is the difference between M7 and M9?

4. cocolinho
    important for me it is impedance output & for this M9 I see : Output impedance <2Ω.
    @FiiO What does it mean? I guess it is just bellow 2 right? might be too high for my Andro then. To be checked.
    Do we have now an official availability date? Thank you

5. navii
    It's popping up in some online stores. A UK store says 5 October release.

6. JediRemi
    I see that it will also work as a bluetooth receiver.
    If it could play music from the SD card and automatically interrupt and switch to "receive call" when the phone rings, that would be what I have been looking for since Bluetooth became a thing in audio.
    That would also involve having a TRRS jack (with mic), which the spec sheet says nothing about.

The alternative now is to have a bluetooth receiver that supports multiple devices (phone + player), but you lose the benefit from all the audio parts from the player.

EDIT: from the description "The M9 also supports in-line controls in both CTIA (common with Android headsets) and iOS headsets. (With iOS headsets, only play/pause functionality is supported.)".
    So it is TRRS and should support mic input (assuming the mic input is connected to relevant hardware). All we need is the correct software implementation.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  7. musicheaven
    Hey James, hope you're feeling good. I still have my X5 I kept all those years, I stayed on the sideline just because too many daps being offered however I like what I see, again I think you're company offers the best features/value for a very decent price. I was looking for streaming DACs, believe or not, that's becoming a must. I am also glad we can install Spotify since this is my main streaming app however I might change to the qobuz camp once they start offering their memberships in October in the US.
    Can you talk to QOBUZ reps about installing their streaming app on the M9? I would think this might become the streaming company of choice, I guess we'll have to see how the history unfolds. Again, my thanks to your competitive spirit and true example on how to attract new Hi-Fi devotees at an affordable price.

8. JediRemi
    Is is already whitelisted according to FiiO`s website:
    "*Whitelisted apps: NetEase Cloud Music, MOOV, Tidal, KKBOX, Spotify, Qobuz, Roon and Deezer."
    https://fiio.com/m9

ValSilva likes this.
  9. musicheaven
    Thanks for the info, good to know now just needs to wait for global availability.

10. handwander
    Don't usually like the design of FiiO apps but this one is really nice.

Kind of tempted but is there a way to listen to a streaming radio service (through a browser) if the app is not white listed? I listen to a lot of NTS radio and they only have an iOS app. The Radio.net android app supports it but it might be easier to just play through the browser rather than try to whitelist a radio app.

11. JediRemi
    I am also tempted but I will wait until someone roots it or they release something similar that supports Google Play.
    Why limiting the device by putting white-list based restrictions in the first place.

12. davidcotton
    Might be mistaken but seems it could be possible to install a limited amount of apps via apk.

13. TheEldestBoy
    I see there is EQ. Will the EQ work for the streaming apps (streaming vs offline)? Or will EQ only work for Fiio Music App?

14. kf2018
    Does M9 support SRC bypass with Tidal / Spotify / etc? I can't find that anywhere.

15. doowap
    What level signal will this put out in line out mode? Also, does it have true line out, ie. bypassing the headphone amp? Thinking about how this would stack with my fiio a5 to drive my sennheiser hd600s.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last