FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Dec 14, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #782 of 2,501
Can folks please test left right balance

It wasn't operational when I tried it.

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #783 of 2,501
After a complete charge, the battery went down to 25% without using it much.

Now my FiiO M9 is charging, 25% to 31% within 2 - 3 minutes! It seems like the battery increases every 1% so fast even less than 40 seconds.

I am using the included cable with a 5V 2A charger as recommended. From 28%, it shows the estimated charging time as 37 minutes. (photos taken if you want to see.)

Is this fine?

Edit: It takes 1 minute or longer per 1% charge when the battery is 80%+

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #784 of 2,501
@Extrasensory The software probably needs to be restored or the unit is faulty.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #785 of 2,501
Is there any way to take screenshots on this device? Also, how can I get songs to show up in the Recently Added section within the Fiio app?
Is there a specific folder that the music needs to be placed in? I see some of my songs showing up there but not others. I use an external memory card with two different sub folders within it to store my music.

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #786 of 2,501
Is there any way to take screenshots on this device? Also, how can I get songs to show up in the Recently Added section within the Fiio app?
Is there a specific folder that the music needs to be placed in? I see some of my songs showing up there but not others. I use an external memory card with two different sub folders within it to store my music.

Screenshot - hold the track rocker "up" and on/off button at the same time.

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #787 of 2,501
Hello. I have tried a few different scenarios for sleep mode. If i set the sleep setting for “x” amount of minutes it seems like it powers on after I come back to it as a regular boot. If I turn off sleep and amd automatic power off it just turns the screen off and saves position in song.

Is that what fiio means about the 40 day life sitting on that screen at the same position or having it power right down till next time?

Is there a difference between sleep and power off?

Also, if I wanted to utilize the power bump from the balanced connector without buying a balanced cable set would the fiio brand 2.5 trrs to 3.5 adapter provide that power boost?

I would be aware that it won’t be a fully balanced setup though as intended but it may be a way to squeeze a bit more juice out with higher impedance headphones without changing the sound quality over the 3.5 output ?

Does that logic sound correct?

Thanks in advance.

Sleep puts the device in standby with most discrete electronics not sucking up power but other ports still partly powered and various NAND Flash that are volatile being supplied 'power'. When you hit the wake up power button on the side, fully booting up only takes 5 seconds or so.

Power off.....is powered off and take as long as 20-30s to get to the main screen.

After a complete charge, the battery went down to 25% without using it much.

Now my FiiO M9 is charging, 25% to 31% within 2 - 3 minutes! It seems like the battery increases every 1% so fast even less than 40 seconds.

I am using the included cable with a 5V 2A charger as recommended. From 28%, it shows the estimated charging time as 37 minutes. (photos taken if you want to see.)

Is this fine?

Edit: It takes 1 minute or longer per 1% charge when the battery is 80%+

Sounds broken :/

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Considering the limited ability to 'upload' or get those files off past moving it to SD storage and transfering it manually.... I typically would just resort to using a smartphone to take it

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #788 of 2,501
Hi to all,

I would like to ask if someone has connect M9 with an AVR via bluetooth. My marantz SR6009 has successfully paired with M9 but although it recognise the song that i play through m9 i dont have sound from my AVR. Is the bluetooth incompatibility the issue?

Many Thanks

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #789 of 2,501
Dec 15, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #790 of 2,501
Apologies for the silly question but....

I’m considering buying this for both FLAC files and Spotify.

Everyone is mentioning streaming with Spotify and I note that I’ll be able to load Spotify onto the M9.

My question is ‘will this device allow me to download Spotify playlists / albums onto the MicroSD card for offline listening?’ I subscribe to Spotify and currently use an aging iPod Classic for the music I own and use an iPhone for offline Spotify listening. If the M9 will indeed allow me to download Spotify files then I think it’s a good solution for me but, if it’s streaming only, there’s not much point for my purposes.

Dec 15, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #792 of 2,501

Everyone is mentioning streaming with Spotify and I note that I’ll be able to load Spotify onto the M9.

My question is ‘will this device allow me to download Spotify playlists / albums onto the MicroSD card for offline listening?’ I subscribe to Spotify and currently use an aging iPod Classic for the music I own and use an iPhone for offline Spotify listening. If the M9 will indeed allow me to download Spotify files then I think it’s a good solution for me but, if it’s streaming only, there’s not much point for my purposes.

I'm listening to a trad-folk playlist I downloaded right now. Sounds good.

Dec 15, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #793 of 2,501

Someone else had mentioned this some threads back.

Does anyone know where the bass boost on this device is located? I remember using it when i first got it but now I'm not sure where it is. Maybe I was confusing it with the High Gain option...

Dec 15, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #794 of 2,501

That's quite a long couple paragraphs for a short question haha.

Yes you can. I haven't found how you can tell it WHERE to download to (either internal or SD) but it will do so yes.

Dec 15, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #795 of 2,501
That's quite a long couple paragraphs for a short question haha.

Yes you can. I haven't found how you can tell it WHERE to download to (either internal or SD) but it will do so yes.

After a micro sd is inserted, you can go into settings and choose. It's right at the bottom before logout.
20181215_232718.jpg
20181215_232542.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back