FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Dec 2, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #631 of 2,501
I also used the M9 with the output line out setting so I can enjoy the dual akm dacs connected to a Yamaha rs202 amplifier & a pair of elac debut 2.0 b6.2 and it sounds so great... Super quiet noise floor like totally silent to my ears... Controlling the whole thing through my Android phone connected to the M9 & using Spotify premium... It's really a great very flexible device that fits many needs..I put a 128gb card and that's enough for my music collection because I mostly stream but it can take 2tb cards... Do they even have that?????

Dec 2, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #632 of 2,501
I also used the M9 with the output line out setting so I can enjoy the dual akm dacs connected to a Yamaha rs202 amplifier & a pair of elac debut 2.0 b6.2 and it sounds so great... Super quiet noise floor like totally silent to my ears... Controlling the whole thing through my Android phone connected to the M9 & using Spotify premium... It's really a great very flexible device that fits many needs..I put a 128gb card and that's enough for my music collection because I mostly stream but it can take 2tb cards... Do they even have that?????

512gb max at the moment but you can use a otg cable as well

Dec 2, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #634 of 2,501
I read it's Android 8 that passes hi res audio.

Are we sure the Qobuz & Tidal Android apps on the M9 pass though the higher sample rates?

Because M9 uses an earlier version of Android....

96k 24 bit files sound great via LDAC....

....but just checking

Dec 2, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #635 of 2,501
Anyone else having trouble with the Ldac connection ?

I have

I have gotten used to using aptx or connection priority LDAC while on wifi.

So streaming over wifi and the best LDAC isn't possible.

I hope they fix this.

Atpx is OK sounding.

Out of the house the upper quality ldac works 100%. I can live with this.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #636 of 2,501
tiny screen & tiny letters and numbers on the keypad! :ksc75smile:

Dec 2, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #637 of 2,501

How are you connecting the M9 to the Yamaha and what app to control?

thx

bob

Dec 2, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #638 of 2,501
Let's please keep the posts within the Posting Guidelines and focus on the gear, not each other. Thanks everyone.

Nope. I'm going to post about you and say that you are a kind beautiful man with a fantastic beard. :L3000:

If Fiio can whitelist an app to listen to podcasts like CastBox it would be amazing.... Also a lot of people love TuneIn, Stitcher, & Pandora..

Send them an email requesting it. You gotta let your voice be heard. Otherwise it's lost in this stream of noise that they dont always fully read.

Dec 2, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #639 of 2,501
Sorry if this question has been already answered...

The question is: what does this player do with 44.1kHz content, e.g. from tidal or spotify?

Is it being upconverted to 48kHz or any other higher bit rate? Or is it kept at native 44.1kHz during the playback?

Another question: how is the volume control solved? Is it just a digital volume control, which means the lower the volume, the more bit resolution is lost? Or anything more sophisticated?

Thanks!

Dec 2, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #640 of 2,501
I was purchased it and get impressed. It’s good with Tidal Hifi, but there are a big issue with LDAC connection between M9 and WH-1000xM3, with LDAC sound quality first, it can’t connect smoothly without strange sound and lag, the same with LDAC standard with lesser issues, so I switched to aptx HD and it’s good now. Just let’s you know the problem.
It also miss connection with wifi sometimes and keep cycle until I reboot it.

Got my M9 yesterday from a local dealer.
While it has its pros (Qobuz works flawless), I was shocked that the LDAC connection to my Audeze Mobius lagged all the time when listening to music, not matter what LDAC level I chose. And also only the sond quality first is really good. My Sony NW-ZX2 is too weak to really handle in a good way the Qobuz app but it is good when it comes to the LDAC connection.
@FiiO any chance to tackle this issue?

I am using the M9 also sometimes with a separat DACs and I would like to not carry the included adapter with me. Can someone help me where to buy the included adapter 3.5 TRRS to female RCA? Thanks.

Dec 2, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #641 of 2,501
Got my M9 yesterday from a local dealer.
While it has its pros (Qobuz works flawless), I was shocked that the LDAC connection to my Audeze Mobius lagged all the time when listening to music, not matter what LDAC level I chose. And also only the sond quality first is really good. My Sony NW-ZX2 is too weak to really handle in a good way the Qobuz app but it is good when it comes to the LDAC connection.
@FiiO any chance to tackle this issue?

I am using the M9 also sometimes with a separat DACs and I would like to not carry the included adapter with me. Can someone help me where to buy the included adapter 3.5 TRRS to female RCA? Thanks.
Does it lag with ApTX HD ?

Dec 2, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #642 of 2,501
Dec 2, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #644 of 2,501
Does anyone know why in Qobuz on the M9 the yellow and black Hi Res badge is visible next to an album as you first select it to stream or download and then after 2 seconds it (very often) vanishes?

I an getting about a 1 in 4 hi res download sucess rate - the rest all are just "CD" quality. :triportsad: Occasionally I get a reel hi res download. :k701smile:

I have sublime +

I have an album I just offline downloaded and it's displaying the hi res logo - yet it plays back at 16bit 44.1k???

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back