[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 25, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #1,486 of 3,610
Has anyone had the chance to compare sound of M6 to Mk3? Im thinking of returning my M6 since Im not going to use blue tooth or music apps. I just want a simple player that plays my cds from sd card to wired headphones. The M6 looks and sounds great but I think its overkill for my needs. Simple click and play like the M3K might work better but only if it sounds good.

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #1,487 of 3,610
Yep you can do that, take the card off the M6 and put it in a reader or adapter and add the music in the Mac. Can be done, totally. I do connect the DAP directly to the computer because it's less trouble, let's say. There's also WIFI transfer but mm not very tempting today (should let you choose what folder to transfer to, full folder transfer etc)

The Wifi transfer does have a setting to choose the save location. Not being able to transfer folders is annoying though.

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #1,488 of 3,610
The Wifi transfer does have a setting to choose the save location. Not being able to transfer folders is annoying though.

Oh that's good, need to check again! That's a step forward (in my previous knowledge) but yeah I am a Folder-oriented guy, I always transfer full albums, so I need that too.

Feb 25, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #1,491 of 3,610
I don't have the M6 yet, though I'm eagerly waiting for it to arrive.

Regarding the Samaung and Sandisk SD Card updating issue, could it possibly be due to the size of the SD card? Older android devices used to have problems indexing and accessing SD cards larger than 64gb and 128gb, and higher capacity cards were even unreadable. While modern phones have no issue with larger SD cards, it might be that in boot mode, the chipset was not designed to handle larger SD cards for updates?

Sounds weird, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a chipset limitation for bootmode specifically. It would be nice if there is a way to downgrade the unit after updating and to try out different sized SD cards to see if the theory works.

For those updating their M6, it would be nice if you could use lower capacity Sandisk (128 gb and below) or higher capacity Samsung (256 and above) when doing the update, so that we can rule out the SD card size being the limiting factor.

Feb 25, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #1,492 of 3,610
@drey101 I have been successfully suing a 200gb sandisk without any problems. If i had a 256gb card i would have tested it. Could it also be the format of the offending card that could be called into question? All my higher capacity cards (128gb and above are formatted as exFAT)

Feb 26, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #1,493 of 3,610
Thankfully mine has shipped from Amazon Canada

Order placed on Feb 19, came in stock on the 25th and should arrive in a day or two. Next indications for stock arriving is the 28th so there may still be hope for potential buyers!

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #1,494 of 3,610
@superuser1 Haha, maybe the limit is upto 200GB, rather than 256. I know that's a stretch, so you might be right. The user did say that both SD cards were FAT32. As far as I know, there shouldn't be a difference between 128 and 256 formatting between those two. Not sure what exFAT does specifically, but from what I remember, the differences should not matter in theory, as both cards were below 2 tb (limit for FAT32) and I assume file sizes for updates would be less than 4 gb. Other considerations is that the cards read/write speed, etc. It's good to know that there are reports of high capacity Sandisk Cards successfully doing the OTA update.

Feb 26, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #1,496 of 3,610
IMG_20190226_131748.jpg

24/96 playing over DLNA

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #1,497 of 3,610
@superuser1 Haha, maybe the limit is upto 200GB, rather than 256. I know that's a stretch, so you might be right. The user did say that both SD cards were FAT32. As far as I know, there shouldn't be a difference between 128 and 256 formatting between those two. Not sure what exFAT does specifically, but from what I remember, the differences should not matter in theory, as both cards were below 2 tb (limit for FAT32) and I assume file sizes for updates would be less than 4 gb. Other considerations is that the cards read/write speed, etc. It's good to know that there are reports of high capacity Sandisk Cards successfully doing the OTA update.
My (only) card is a 64mb SanDisk.

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #1,498 of 3,610
Has someone contacted fiio for their estimated next m6 supply date, anyways, how fiio did not yet make an official announcement on the current common shortage of supply which I think should have already been acknowledged by fiio through online discussions like this as well as queries addressed fiio directly. Otherwise it would be
hard for me to believe in few rumours herein mentioned with regards to the discontinuation of the chipset used in m6. Is fiio in such desperate/unsolvable/speechless situation?

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #1,499 of 3,610
Has someone contacted fiio for their estimated next m6 supply date, anyways, how fiio did not yet make an official announcement on the current common shortage of supply which I think should have already been acknowledged by fiio through online discussions like this as well as queries addressed fiio directly. Otherwise it would be
hard for me to believe in few rumours herein mentioned with regards to the discontinuation of the chipset used in m6. Is fiio in such desperate/unsolvable/speechless situation?

I suppose I can't say with absolute certainty, but the Samma3a store page for the M6 says that it's due to be in stock on march the 7th.

Feb 26, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #1,500 of 3,610
Ok Fiio, I’m going to start calling you guys Hidizs :wink: lol

Seems Hidizs has become quite the punching bag these days. If you call Fiio Hidizs won't that get confusing, maybe we could call them Fidizs. :)

All joking aside, another day goes by without any comment or intervention from @FiiO :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back