[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 5, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #1,006 of 3,610
There are so many new iems, especially from China it blows my mind. I knew you’d like the m6 :) I hope they keep whitelisting apps. Oh and the Bluetooth is really good.

I want to try the kanas pros and the bgvp dm6.
Hell yeah. I'm definitely enjoying the M6 right now. This blows all of my other DAPs when it comes to value for money. I mean, where else you could get a WiFi-capable, Android-based DAP in this price range? Definitely beats the likes of Hidizs AP80, in which is almost in the same price range as M6.

Regarding Chinese IEMs, I mostly own the ones made by KZ, since they are quite cheap, although their later models get progressively pricier (but still affordable). Looking forward to try the CCA IEMs (in which allegedly a sister company to the aforementioned KZ). Kanas and BGVP are out of my budget range ATM though, haha.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #1,007 of 3,610
Hell yeah. I'm definitely enjoying the M6 right now. This blows all of my other DAPs when it comes to value for money. I mean, where else you could get a WiFi-capable, Android-based DAP in this price range? Definitely beats the likes of Hidizs AP80, in which is almost in the same price range as M6.

Regarding Chinese IEMs, I mostly own the ones made by KZ, since they are quite cheap, although their later models get progressively pricier (but still affordable). Looking forward to try the CCA IEMs (in which allegedly a sister company to the aforementioned KZ). Kanas and BGVP are out of my budget range ATM though, haha.

I like it much better than AP80, the only thing I would like to see is an EQ/dsp suite like magic 8 ball or viper on m6.

Yeah I really shouldn’t buy anymore gear myself ha ha :wink:

Feb 6, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #1,008 of 3,610
@FiiO and @JamesFiiO : just noted one page ago that there is some issue when browsing music in Folder view. The files/folders are arranged in order in which they are added (oldest first, then newest latest), not alphabetically, which most modern DAPs do. I find it odd for a mid-end device like M6 to arrange folders in such way. Could this be fixed in a future update of FiiO Music app?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #1,009 of 3,610
Great update!

Anyway, sad to check that “chinese characters” issue has not been solved.

One example...

A capture of one music album under "Artist" option in Fiio Music App:

Fiio%20M6_Artist%20menu.jpg

The same Album under "Folder" option:

Fiio%20M6_Folder%20menujpg.jpg

Another example:

Fiio%20M6_Artist%20menu_2.jpg

Fiio%20M6.jpg

Fiio%20M6_Folder%20menu.jpg

I hope you'll be able to fix it for next update.

Regards.
I also encountered this issue, as I also have songs that contain accented characters in their title/artist tags. Those tags that contain accented characters like é, ñ, ü, etc. display as garbled Chinese characters. @FiiO and @JamesFiiO , please take note of this issue, too.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #1,010 of 3,610
There are so many new iems, especially from China it blows my mind. I knew you’d like the m6 :) I hope they keep whitelisting apps. Oh and the Bluetooth is really good.

I want to try the kanas pros and the bgvp dm6.
Great to hear that the M6 BT works fine. Only a week to go to have my own M6, geez. But I did receive my BTR1K and, the sound is amazing so I'm expecting a good thing!

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #1,011 of 3,610
Great to hear that the M6 BT works fine. Only a week to go to have my own M6, geez. But I did receive my BTR1K and, the sound is amazing so I'm expecting a good thing!

It’s going to sound really good, the range is great and I love the LDAC. I’m hard pressed to hear any difference from wired.

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #1,012 of 3,610
@FiiO and @JamesFiiO : just noted one page ago that there is some issue when browsing music in Folder view. The files/folders are arranged in order in which they are added, not alphabetically, which most modern DAPs do. I find it odd for a mid-end device like M6 to arrange folders in such way. Could this be fixed in a future update of FiiO Music app?

I also encountered this issue, as I have songs that contain accented characters in their title/artist tags. Those tags that contain accented characters like é, ñ, ü, etc. display as garbled Chinese characters. @FiiO and @JamesFiiO , please take note of this issue, too.

Good catches. I'm a spanish speaker guy but I usually listen to british/american stuff lol so I won't be much affected but yeah, accents and ñ and such should work fine (ISO/ANSI/Unicode Support!).
BUT the ordering thing is important. Still wondering if it's an SD file system issue (FAT32). I remember having to use a FATSort program sometime. Anyway: the Folder View should have a selectable order, ideally.

One thing that comes to mind is.. @FiiO has any sort of Incident Reporting System? I know of fiio.me forums but they're a disgrace, and I could never have my account validated, so I can't post.
The fiio guys here are highly responsive, but I think a bug reporting system to type in such issues would facilitate their lives.

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #1,013 of 3,610
It’s going to sound really good, the range is great and I love the LDAC. I’m hard pressed to hear any difference from wired.
Excellent! My plan is to use the M6 with the aforementioned BTR1K and in turn those connected to my Sennheiser PX100II. If the second part of this works perfect with my simple Moto G5, I imagine the M6 will be even better!
Also plan to eventually buy some of those fancy IEMs, multidriver, dettachable cable.. But I need to get some good deal (50-100 u$s, closer to 50 than to 100 lol) so I'll hold on for that. So far my in-ear experience was not good, sound was not satisfying and I felt them uncomfortable too (talking about years ago anyhoo)

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #1,014 of 3,610
Excellent! My plan is to use the M6 with the aforementioned BTR1K and in turn those connected to my Sennheiser PX100II. If the second part of this works perfect with my simple Moto G5, I imagine the M6 will be even better!
Also plan to eventually buy some of those fancy IEMs, multidriver, dettachable cable.. But I need to get some good deal (50-100 u$s, closer to 50 than to 100 lol) so I'll hold on for that. So far my in-ear experience was not good, sound was not satisfying and I felt them uncomfortable too (talking about years ago anyhoo)
If you plan to use the BT on the M6 how is it going to be better than your Moto G5?

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #1,015 of 3,610
If you plan to use the BT on the M6 how is it going to be better than your Moto G5?
LOL Touché you're right. The Moto G5/M6 would just be the transport right? The BTR1K would "produce" the sound in both cases.
I'll switch to wired too anyway. But you made an obvious point I was ignoring..

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #1,016 of 3,610
LOL Touché you're right. The Moto G5/M6 would just be the transport right? The BTR1K would "produce" the sound in both cases.
I'll switch to wired too anyway. But you made an obvious point I was ignoring..
Just trying to throw light as i faced a similar situation long back.

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #1,017 of 3,610

Yes it should sound the same :wink: as the AK dac in the dongle is doing the decoding. And there are SO many iems in that price range that are really good- you won’t have trouble finding good iems at even 50 dollars.

Everyday it seems like Hawaii bad boy is introducing some new chfi iem on his YouTube channel that sounds great and is a great value.

I feel kind of stupid that I spent so much on iems- but I do have trouble with most of them hurting so I’m limited.

a link to his channel with another iem:wink: and I love his nb- cut to the chase style.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #1,019 of 3,610
Just trying to throw light as i faced a similar situation long back.

Actually
Moto G5 plus and g5 don't do ldac properly. Does yours? There are constant complaints that the Moto 5 plus won't do it....my granddaughter has it.. I have 3 bluetooth APTX-HD receivers and they all sound different. The best is close to LDAC but clearly not as good. The M6 does LDAC really well in a few different ways. There are a variety of factors which would mean Bluetooth works better and sounds better from one recever/phone/DAP rather than another. Not all blue tooth signals are equivalent for many reasons.

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #1,020 of 3,610
Good catches. I'm a spanish speaker guy but I usually listen to british/american stuff lol so I won't be much affected but yeah, accents and ñ and such should work fine (ISO/ANSI/Unicode Support!).
BUT the ordering thing is important. Still wondering if it's an SD file system issue (FAT32). I remember having to use a FATSort program sometime. Anyway: the Folder View should have a selectable order, ideally..
Already used similar programs (DriveSort, SDSorter) to sort ordering of FAT32 folders, but it could be a lot better if FiiO Music could sort the folders alphabetically on its own without relying on an external program.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back