[FiiO M5] Compact and Versatile Hi-Res Music Player
Aug 6, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #316 of 773
Del

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #317 of 773
Del

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #319 of 773
Comparing non Aptx to Aptx to LDAC still does no one any favor when it comes to M5.
I just don't know how BTR3 paired with M5 will sound with apt-X HD as BTR3 uses LDAC codec for receiving the music from M5 ( I can tell it by the BTR3's color light). Unfortunately there is no such an option in M5 to change codecs for now.
I can hear the difference between apt-X HD and LDAC, though, when I use Vivo Xplay 6 music-oriented phone.
P.S.
Do you mean to say that the people reading this thread do not know what BT is? C'mon.:astonished:

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #320 of 773
I just don't know how BTR3 paired with M5 will sound with apt-X HD as BTR3 uses LDAC codec for receiving the music from M5 ( I can tell it by the BTR3's color light). Unfortunately there is no such an option in M5 to change codecs for now.
I can hear the difference between apt-X HD and LDAC, though, when I use Vivo Xplay 6 music-oriented phone.
P.S.
Do you mean to say that the people reading this thread do not know what BT is? C'mon.:astonished:

Only people reading with their eyes closed.
Sometimes I do that.

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #321 of 773
You've made me laugh.:baby:

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #322 of 773
I got my M5 today.

The sound signature is leaning toward dark side. There is emphasis in lows and low-mids (I am not sure) which can make some instruments or songs sound harsh.

For those who are asking for balanced 2.5 output, you can use Ibasso DC01 with it and control volume by the M5 physical buttons. However, do not play DSD files with DC01. The volume is set to maximum and can't be adjusted (with current FW 1.2). My DC01 (and the M5 itself) didn't get hot like it was when paired with other devices. It was just a little warm. Not sure if something went wrong.

Good! to know they both work together, now Curious how much Battery life you're getting over LDAC w/ the DC01 attached!

Do share the info when you get a chance :smile:

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #324 of 773
Anyone know where to buy the wrist strap for this? Cant seem to find it.

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #325 of 773
My M5 arrived from Amazon US this afternoon. I've been playing with it at work this afternoon. So far kind of disappointing. I will not be able to update the firmware of the player until I get home so maybe it will improve but the overall lag with the M5 is pretty bad. I'm not just talking scrolling through music, it is with all the settings too. Way too long between touching something and waiting for the screen to change or the setting to be changed. I am using the M5 with a 128gb sandisk memory card that has about 12,000 mp3's encoded at a variable 256 bit rate. It's basically my whole music collection. The sound is a little brighter than what I am used to from Fiio actually and it's pretty good. As a BT receiver it worked fine with my Android Oneplus 6t phone. It connected using LDAC and sounded good. I will play with it more when I get home tonight after I update to the new firmware. Just wanted to give a brief first impression.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #326 of 773
Looking for it too. In vain, though, at the moment.

Aug 6, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #327 of 773
I am using the M5 with a 128gb sandisk memory card
Mine is with 256GB card. Fully loaded. Absolutely no problem with scrolling 8K+ songs. (I'll see how many songs I have loaded later) The device is fast as a thunder bolt. Don't think mine is with the latest FW. Must be a problem with your device. Try to update the firmware but to me it's something else which is wrong. Sorry for a bad idea.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #328 of 773
Would anyone consider this player capable of powering a Fostex T50RP?

I have a Shanling m0 and it seems to play a moderate volume at about 80%. Wondering if this DAP can compare with the Shanling in terms of power output.

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #329 of 773
Nope. That's what I got from aliexpress FIIO shop. "we don't sell watchband alone .. but if you buy m5 from our shop we can offer the strap as a gift" Where else can I buy a band for M5?
Dear friend,

Please send email to us via support@fiio.com instead.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 7, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #330 of 773

Users who are viewing this thread

Back