FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Dec 18, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #1,036 of 2,001
Quote:

So I can't have more than 4000 song inside this DAP? Then what is the function of 64 GB SD card?

FLAC, and depends on your music and if you were lazy enough to want to rip CDs fast instead of using the highest compression ratio. I have Dream Theater and Nightwish tracks at well over 50mb each, so just imagine if I put their entire discographies plus the live recordings in one card. Plus you don't get the full size as indicated on the label, so a 64gb card can sometimes be just 62.8gb; divide by an average of 25mb per track, and that amounts to around 2500. It supports WAV too which has huge file sizes but I can't imagine anybody ripping discs to that file format.

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,037 of 2,001

FLAC, and depends on your music and if you were lazy enough to want to rip CDs fast instead of using the highest compression ratio. I have Dream Theater and Nightwish tracks at well over 50mb each, so just imagine if I put their entire discographies plus the live recordings in one card. Plus you don't get the full size as indicated on the label, so a 64gb card can sometimes be just 62.8gb; divide by an average of 25mb per track, and that amounts to around 2500. It supports WAV too which has huge file sizes but I can't imagine anybody ripping discs to that file format.

Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine I would ever need more than 2500 tracks on any of my DAPS, I always run everything in shuffle all artist anyway because if it's loaded I like it and I've yet to have a time I went gee sure wish I had that track loaded on here! I know in today's digital audio world it's all about convenience and ease of use but for me at least when on the move in portable mode I'm more than happy to be hauling 2K worth of music/tracks.  

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #1,038 of 2,001
i ripped every album into aiff and wav....  so i keep 2 sets  ..   :p

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #1,040 of 2,001
Slightly off topic:
The M3 I had preordered on Nov 6 from Wifimedia.eu in hopes I'd get it for my dad's birthday gift on Nov 16 finally got shipped today. It's said to be a 1day DHL shipping which is awesome right? Yet Fate had a 2nd twist of its own, for my dad just left this morning for a 2 week trip. Had wished he'd get to enjoy the M3 on his flight.
These preorder burns are starting to get to me. It's happen again right now with the DP-X1. I now believe it's just best to avoid preordering and just jump on whoever first gets a fresh batch in stock. :xf_eek:

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #1,041 of 2,001
Slightly off topic:
The M3 I had preordered on Nov 6 from Wifimedia.eu in hopes I'd get it for my dad's birthday gift on Nov 16 finally got shipped today. It's said to be a 1day DHL shipping which is awesome right? Yet Fate had a 2nd twist of its own, for my dad just left this morning for a 2 week trip. Had wished he'd get to enjoy the M3 on his flight.
These preorder burns are starting to get to me. It's happen again right now with the DP-X1. I now believe it's just best to avoid preordering and just jump on whoever first gets a fresh batch in stock.
redface.gif

Sigh. Ordered mine from Penon Nov 22nd... Still nothing. I feel your pain.

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #1,043 of 2,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine I would ever need more than 2500 tracks on any of my DAPS, I always run everything in shuffle all artist anyway because if it's loaded I like it and I've yet to have a time I went gee sure wish I had that track loaded on here! I know in today's digital audio world it's all about convenience and ease of use but for me at least when on the move in portable mode I'm more than happy to be hauling 2K worth of music/tracks.  

As someone who listens to one disc from track 1 to the last, shuffle is one of the things I don't think I'll ever learn to use, more so now that many more bands are getting into concept albums.

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #1,045 of 2,001
I have four albums which have the same titles except it has 1, 2,3 and 4 at the end of the title. When I search in albums it groups them altogether as one album and you still don't get full album titles, in most cases you could fit the whole album title with the space there.Is this something your firmware guys could look at for the next release as I love the sound quality of it but it's little things like this that make it seem buggy. I am using version 1.5

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #1,050 of 2,001
To add on to that, the Zip and Clip+ are being phased out in favor of the Jam and Sport. The Jam and Sport both have a file limit that is no greater than 4000. The Jam might still be 2000 even. They use a similar SoC as the M3 by the same manufacturer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back