FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Oct 28, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #363 of 2,001
  the problem is the amp vs the battery.

Cowon use to have a good balance getting 30-40+ hours with a 32mW (16 per channel) output,

But if you want a 100+mW output, i suspect that with normal batteries you wont get past 15-20 hours. also considering the size of the device...

I don't want a 100+mw output. I use efficient headphones and earphones.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #364 of 2,001
  I hope Fiio comes out with some players with long battery life(40+ hours) and HD radio. I have been waiting so many years for a player under $100 with HD radio.

The only players I have heard of that get 40+ hours are Cowon, and i havent seen any portable HD radios that are anything but HD radio

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #365 of 2,001
  The only players I have heard of that get 40+ hours are Cowon, and i havent seen any portable HD radios that are anything but HD radio

The next model M5 will carry a bigger battery and bluetooth , I think it is quite easy to get 30+ battery life in M5 cause we can put a bigger battery inside it.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 29, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #366 of 2,001
Guys, come on, we have been happy with players that only do mp3 and maybe also flac, but then something new comes from fiio and we are requesting so many things from a $50 player, I see an user wanting 40 hrs, that uses aa batteries but is small, hd radio and rockbox as os, someone else wants coaxial out, also amazing earphones and so on, all for $50, really?

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #367 of 2,001
I have been listened to M3 since yesterday and I am rather surprised how good it is. Now I am not saying it will beat any full sized DAP, but I think it certain is as good, if not the best sounding small form factor DAP I have heard. Giving my iPod nano 7G a (big) run of its money.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #368 of 2,001
I have been listened to M3 since yesterday and I am rather surprised how good it is. Now I am not saying it will beat any full sized DAP, but I think it certain is as good, if not the best sounding small form factor DAP I have heard. Giving my iPod nano 7G a (big) run of its money.

Sooo, clip-killer?

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #369 of 2,001
If it was the same price it could be a clip killer, but it's msrp is like $15 more, so more like another option? we can have both, most of us have our clips, ipods nanos, classics, touch, fios, phones, no-names, etc, another device and at that price, we can have both, clips and the m3, right?

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #370 of 2,001
  If it was the same price it could be a clip killer, but it's msrp is like $15 more, so more like another option? we can have both, most of us have our clips, ipods nanos, classics, touch, fios, phones, no-names, etc, another device and at that price, we can have both, clips and the m3, right?

Eh, never had a clip or clip+, and the few new ones still available today are sold for 50 to 80 euros here. That's why i look at this as a clip successor. And hopefully as something that beats it :D.

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #371 of 2,001
Sooo, clip-killer?

Yep, for $15, Clip+ is hard to beat. But if we ignore the price, I'll say FiiO has successfully create the Clip+ killer.

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #372 of 2,001

Yep, for $15, Clip+ is hard to beat. But if we ignore the price, I'll say FiiO has successfully create the Clip+ killer.

Now if it only had a built on clip! 
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #374 of 2,001
  Well, let's wait for it... it seems that we call a clip killer every budget player that comes out.

That's because the clip has been THE budget player, and for quite some time. A shame that the new generations of clips aren't up to snuff :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back