Fiio M3 pro Vs Shanling Q1

Shanling Q1 Vs Fiio M3 pro

• Total voters
Aug 1, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #16 of 17
Fiio M3 Pro is actually 37EURO cheaper on ali. 66 vs 102 euro. It's a big difference!

Q1 seems to offer a more mature and refined UX? I'm not sure, it looks so-so on both, but slightly less clumsy on the Q1
Q1 support opus, which is a big plus for me. It also has a bunch of wireless features which I don't care for but might be useful in the future.
Q1 has a warmer tuning as I've read on a review. M3pro kind of bright sounding (What do you think?)
Q1 has a way more attractive design. Better button placements.
M3 Pro is lighter. Maybe the form factor is more practical in the end?

Shanling has a better support of their devices than FiiO it seems. They also seems to listen more to their users. But maybe Fiio improved on that?

Overall i find the Q1 to be better although nothing really killing it and M3Pro is nearly half the price.

I want to use the DAP as a transport with an external DAC. Which one do you think better support this usage? Maybe they are about the same.

Don't have the M3 Pro, but I would say the Q1 to me is a tinge on the brighter side actually. The subbass/midbass seems a tinge less defined on the Q1. I tried using my Q1 with a tempotec sonata HD Pro a few days ago, works flawlessly. But I did read reports that it clicks when used with an external amp? Have to check with the others on this.

I was contemplating between Q1 and M3 Pro, but what made me buy Q1 is cause it has 2 way bluetooth, whereas the M3 Pro doesn't, so it might be useful for those wanting a wireless connection. Also, Shanling seems to be very good at supporting their gear even months after release. They just recently released a firmware update that allows WIFI connection for the Q1, so I do appreciate this aspect of Shanling. I like the longer battery life of the Q1 too, with an attractive UI.

During sales the Q1 can be low $90s USD, which was the price I paid during the last Aliexpress sale. M3 Pro is cheaper for sure, and if u don't need bluetooth maybe that is a cheaper option.

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #17 of 17
After extensive consultation of the ux of both players on youtube videos, I'm a bit disappointed by the software. It looks laggy, unresponsive, stuttering, non intuitive etc.. For myself, I'm considering tempotec V1 with a dongle. It seems that hibyos is way smoother and less quirky.

EDIT: well seems like V1 has it share of quirks, it doesn't works with specific dongles (disconnect or crashes with meizu hifi pro among other things) and a couple of peoples had their 3.5mm output breaking very quickly on the V1-A version.The reviews gives very mild enthousiasm about the audio quality of the analog out, which is a bit redflag for me. It is also limited by bluetooth 4.0

I'll wait until fiio M3 pro has usable rockbox port with usb out (if that ever happens) or something else comes out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back