FiiO M23, AK4191EQ+AK4499EX, THX AAA-78+, Dual Type-C Ports, Dual-Core Fast Charging, 1000mW+1000mW @32Ω
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #91 of 229
Dear friend,

Hi,
1. Yes, system-wide EQ.
2. Do you mean the volume touchpad? It is carborfiber textured but the material is not carbon fibre.

Best regards
Thanks for the reply. I really love the design of this dap but fake carbon fiber is such a tacky thing to put on it.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #93 of 229
Leather case only comes with the Stainless Steel version and it costs €929. Totally not worth it imo, there’s better priced DAPs out there. This one is overpriced compared to competition.

In this case, I think it's worth buying the FiiO M15S. haha

Apr 2, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #94 of 229
@FiiO
Thanks for your helpful replies in the thread! Several questions:
1. How can I make sure I use bit perfect playback? Is it always bit perfect or only in certain modes? Will Spotify on Android be bit perfect, or just USB Audio Player Pro?
2. Will the playback be bit perfect with PEQ on?
3. Was the combination of THX amps and AKM dacs selected intentionally to ensure the "smoothest" sound?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #95 of 229
Thanks for the reply. I really love the design of this dap but fake carbon fiber is such a tacky thing to put on it.

I get you for sure and I would normally hate that sort of thing as well.

I have the LTD and ESS models of the M11 Plus and the ESS has the carbon look on the volume rocker and it looks fine to me, I don't even think about it.

I certainly wouldn’t let it put me off if everything else suited your preferences.

IMG_0365.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #96 of 229
@FiiO
Thanks for your helpful replies in the thread! Several questions:
1. How can I make sure I use bit perfect playback? Is it always bit perfect or only in certain modes? Will Spotify on Android be bit perfect, or only USB Audio Player Pro and similar?
2. Can the playback be bit perfect with PEQ on?
3. Was the combination of THX amps and AKM dacs done intentionally to ensure the "smoothest" sounding combination?

Thank you!

If you use the DAP's headphone outputs, you can get the bit perfect in any app. However, when connecting the DAP via USB to a DAC, you will not get bit perfect in all cases.

Only Tidal is capable of natively delivering bit perfect when connecting the DAP to a DAC via USB. Qobuz depends on the USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) app. Unfortunately, Apple Music is only bit perfect using an iPhone or iPad. Regarding Amazon Music, only through a "streamer" will you get the perfect bit. Spotify and Deezer have no way of delivering bit perfect via USB.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #97 of 229
If you use the DAP's headphone outputs, you can get the bit perfect in any app. However, when connecting the DAP via USB to a DAC, you will not get bit perfect in all cases.

Only Tidal is capable of natively delivering bit perfect when connecting the DAP to a DAC via USB. Qobuz depends on the USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) app. Unfortunately, Apple Music is only bit perfect using an iPhone or iPad. Regarding Amazon Music, only through a "streamer" will you get the perfect bit. Spotify and Deezer have no way of delivering bit perfect via USB.
I will be using only the balanced headphones output.

But I am not sure weather your reply is correct, as I haven't seen a bit perfect implementation of the whole Android system, only of players like UAPP that allow bypassing the system's audio pipeline. And the same goes to system-wide bit perfect PEQ.

I hope you are right but would appreciate @FiiO reply and details.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #98 of 229

But I am not sure weather your reply is correct, as I haven't seen a bit perfect implementation of the whole Android system, only of players like UAPP that allow bypassing the system's audio pipeline. And the same goes to system-wide bit perfect PEQ.

FiiO has previously said in other topics and forums on the internet that its DAPs have a modified version of Android in such a way that there is no interference in audio reproduction, allowing for bit perfect.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #99 of 229
The native apps for Tidal and Apple Music play bit perfect via USB output to another DAC on the M11 Plus and would obviously do so on the M23.

FiiO have bypassed the Android 48khz thing.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #100 of 229

Seems like you are new here.
All Chinese Android DAPs have had their own bit-perfect playback for several years now.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #101 of 229
FiiO has previously said in other topics and forums on the internet that its DAPs have a modified version of Android in such a way that there is no interference in audio reproduction, allowing for bit perfect.
That sounds promising. Although it's not about interference to be precise, it is about android audio architecture, it has to be bypassed completely, just the way UAPP does. I am sure @FiiO players bypass it but I wonder if all audio source, e g. various streaming and radio services are bypassing it too in order to be bit perfect too. Also if engaging the PEQ leaves the sound bit perfect.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #102 of 229
The native apps for Tidal and Apple Music play bit perfect via USB output to another DAC on the M11 Plus and would obviously do so on the M23.

FiiO have bypassed the Android 48khz thing.

Apple Music is not bit perfect via USB. The volume is still enabled on the FiiO M11S. I even asked FiiO about this. At the time, I reported about the lack of bit perfect in Apple Music and they released an update to make the DAC's sample rate keep up with Apple Music, but that's all that has changed so far. I use a Topping D70S DAC.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #103 of 229
Seems like you are new here.
All Chinese Android DAPs have had their own bit-perfect playback for several years now.
Is any audio source, any APK, absolutely always bit perfect?

E.g. radio, Spotify, etc - no matter what bit rate and no matter if using the PEQ, always bit perfect?

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #104 of 229
Is any audio source always bit perfect, e.g. radio, Spotify etc, no matter what bit rate and no matter if using the PEQ?
Yes, the Android SRC (resampling) bypass is implemented in the Android kernel.
No matter what application you use to play your audio, they are not resampled by Android. If any resampling is happening, that’s only in the application itself.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #105 of 229
Yes, the Android SRC (resampling) bypass is implemented in the Android kernel.
No matter what application you use to play your audio, they are not resampled by Android. If any resampling is happening, that’s only in the application itself.
Great, thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back