[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Sep 5, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #376 of 5,692
As I tried to show - in the 2 video's I quoted Description/Pinned Comment text included , and in the 2nd video's comments the FiiO Rep OP writes in his Pinned Comment that the Fan Stand is included with the M17 which I also included in my original post, here is the relevant clip:

"So we specially designed this cooling bracket with fan to cool down. There are two optional wind speeds, and there is enough space at the bottom for wiring. In addition, unlike other portable devices, M17 comes standard with this heat dissipation bracket and a high-power DC power supply (fast charging is not supported). It also fully demonstrates the extraordinary features of M17. When posting this Weibo, some netizens are interested in this fan bracket, so I will explain the ins and outs. Because it is designed for M17, the size structure is not very suitable for other models, but if there are many people in demand, we can still put into production a relatively general heat dissipation bracket.""

He doesn't show the Fan Stand unboxing, it simply "appears" as if by magic in both videos - perhaps at the time FiiO didn't have a "production" box ready for an unboxing?

The FiiO M15 uses the FiiO DK1 "dock", which splits charging and data I/O duties - you need 2 USB-C connections, and the DK1 is boxed and sold separately from the M15.

He didn't show the connections to the Dock - USB Power / USB Data, and I also didn't see any "wires coming out of" the "Fan Stand" when he showed the Fan operation - so perhaps the Fan Stand can derive power *from* the M17 as well as send power *to* the M17 for charging. That way the Fan Stand is useful when portable - you don't need to plug in the "dock" it can be powered from the M17?

Much to discover still, but this is a good start :)

I wonder the same, as the Asus ROG Phone has case vents directly inline with the fan airflow to allow "passthrough" of the air blowing from the clipped on "AeroFan"...perhaps the Fan Stand was still in the concept stage when these videos were made? I hope so as the included Box Fan is terribly loud...and as configured it is likely not very effective.
If it is really running that hot I might as well try watercooling it which is in opinion has less vibration than that fan at the back. There are a lot of general purpose waterblock that can fit its back anyways. But is it worth it?

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #377 of 5,692
As I tried to show - in the 2 video's I quoted Description/Pinned Comment text included , and in the 2nd video's comments the FiiO Rep OP writes in his Pinned Comment that the Fan Stand is included with the M17 which I also included in my original post, here is the relevant clip:

"So we specially designed this cooling bracket with fan to cool down. There are two optional wind speeds, and there is enough space at the bottom for wiring. In addition, unlike other portable devices, M17 comes standard with this heat dissipation bracket and a high-power DC power supply (fast charging is not supported). It also fully demonstrates the extraordinary features of M17. When posting this Weibo, some netizens are interested in this fan bracket, so I will explain the ins and outs. Because it is designed for M17, the size structure is not very suitable for other models, but if there are many people in demand, we can still put into production a relatively general heat dissipation bracket.""

He doesn't show the Fan Stand unboxing, it simply "appears" as if by magic in both videos - perhaps at the time FiiO didn't have a "production" box ready for an unboxing?

The FiiO M15 uses the FiiO DK1 "dock", which splits charging and data I/O duties - you need 2 USB-C connections, and the DK1 is boxed and sold separately from the M15.

He didn't show the connections to the Dock - USB Power / USB Data, and I also didn't see any "wires coming out of" the "Fan Stand" when he showed the Fan operation - so perhaps the Fan Stand can derive power *from* the M17 as well as send power *to* the M17 for charging. That way the Fan Stand is useful when portable - you don't need to plug in the "dock" it can be powered from the M17?

Much to discover still, but this is a good start :)

I wonder the same, as the Asus ROG Phone has case vents directly inline with the fan airflow to allow "passthrough" of the air blowing from the clipped on "AeroFan"...perhaps the Fan Stand was still in the concept stage when these videos were made? I hope so as the included Box Fan is terribly loud...and as configured it is likely not very effective.
I read your text, but I didn't see it among the box content and box does not look like it has enough extra space for cooler inside - which is why I am surprised.

Sep 6, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #378 of 5,692
Picture from website
IMG_20210906_123537.jpg
IMG_20210906_123524.jpg
IMG_20210906_123510.jpg
IMG_20210906_123453.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #380 of 5,692
Quotes pasted are Google translated from several pages starting: http://www.erji.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2233776&extra=page=1&page=1

"1. PO: 6.35/3.5PO/LO/BAL4.4PO/LO/BAL2.5

2, USB Type C 3.0 with charging/USB Host/DC 15 V
Power in/Coax IN-OUT/Storage Expansion Card
Slot 3, Side 1: Open Key///Batt-DC Switch 4, Side 2: 3 Playgroup Keys/Undefined Keys (Estimated Function Keys: Bluetooth?) / Hold (lock)

5, two-sided original lamp set design (lights on both sides of M17)
do not know wless, currently as the figure metal mesh closed 6, no Optical, such as KANN.
7, the side has the volume size control, the top also has a large volume button, can be adjusted? (Convenient when you're on a computer?) According to the condition of the prototype paint drop (can move away from my Beijing exhibition photos), feel the need for holly holding, but the problem of cooling how to design?"
1630907206127.png

1630907343998.png

1630907384457.png

1630907407456.png

1630907436944.png

1630907471477.png

1630907488306.png

"THIS GADGET IS SIMILAR TO A NOTEBOOK STAND AND SUPPORTS A VARIETY OF PLAYERS AND EVEN PAD INDIVIDUALLY"
1630907561337.png

Strange, the stand has an adjustable size - the DAP rest can slide up and down? - accommodating an even larger DAP?? The M17 seems ungainly perched up so high off of the base as adjusted to meet the Fan Box. @FiiO please shorten that stand to fit the M17 better.

One of the nice things about the M15 + DK1 Dock is that the M15's USB-C connector is on the bottom panel and so it plugs into the DK1 nicely, with the headphone connections on the M15 top panel provides a well designed arrangement. I don't get that same "well-designed" feeling from the M17 + Fan Stand.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #384 of 5,692
docking station with fan...really? :D
It seems, M17 is not a portable player anymore....but in this case you can build a larger case!

Really not sure why it isn't more widely understood that FiiO is going for a transportable, not a [conveniently] portable one, w/this device; they make numerous very good 'portables' already. I'll put it as a flagship segment-busting technology-experiment.

Sep 14, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #385 of 5,692
About the price, the Soc/RAM/FLASH/9038PRO/THX788/Big screen/Solid build shell cost a lot, and also it will included a decent DC power adapor and a desktop stand with fan.
Oh, I just saw this! James already mentioned the desktop stand with fan in April. Somehow I missed it.

Sep 14, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #386 of 5,692
Dear friend,

For the parametric EQ, we are already developing it, we will release it after we have done it.

And for the Viper4Androi on X7, we have launched a note before (https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/162105.html) :
Since the agreement of cooperation between FiiO and ViPER's Audio has expired, so we're afraid that the new version of FiiO Music will no longer have the embedded ViPER Effect plugin. However, we've been working hard on the dynamic EQ and will try our best to develop more audio effects.
If you have purchased the ViPER Effects and would like to continue using it, you may download the apk file of the old version, copy it to the player, and then install it through ES File Explorer (this will overwrite the new version).
Download link for the FiiO Music old version (apk): http://fiio-file.fiio.net/FiiO Music3.4.3.apk

Best regards,
Hi @WianFiiO. How does it look with the parametric EQ? Is it going to be released with M17 (and also other FiiO players)?

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #388 of 5,692
Let's hope .. A minimum of 1500mw or nearest to 2000mw at 32ohms with still 6 to 8 hours battery life with high gain in balanced mode and more than 10 hours in low gain in balanced mode.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #389 of 5,692
Actually, I am using a LESS BX2+ .. Power and Class A mode are really fine, but battery life is less than 4 full hours, it's very slow to get fully charged and it's really bulky and annoying to connect every time.

I still hope the M17, though it will be bulky, it will provide more instant juice than any iBasso DAP's (Dx300M, Dx200M), Hiby R8, and even Cayin C9 or Centrance M8V2. M17 should also be more convenient for a daily use than Cayin C9, LESS Bx2+, future Centrance Ampersand.

I will have to wait till end of October for all answers.

Sep 17, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #390 of 5,692
Oops, made a mistake. Withdrawn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back