[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Sep 25, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #406 of 5,692
M17 maybe the most powerful portable DAP and the output power is very close to 2W when it is powered by DC adaptor.
So do you think it would drive the Susvaras, or the new LCD-5s, well? That's my main concern, as i would love to have a DAP that does that and get rid of my DAC/AMp combo.

Thanks

Sep 25, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #408 of 5,692
If it can output close to 2W, then there shouldn't be a power problem to drive Susvara properly, with plenty of headroom.
Awesome, will have to try it then. When is it available to buy again?

Sep 25, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #410 of 5,692
ok thanks. Hopefully the Fiio rep here on the thread can let us know when exactly it's releasing...

Sep 26, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #411 of 5,692
This is the www.erji.net link I can't see from here, now on Youtube :) (works now!)

... the M17 sure is impressive :)

Fiio M17 - Hi-Fi Mp3 Music Player Unboxing

Specs: DAC: ES9038PRO*2, Headphone amplifier: THX AAA-788, PRO Screen: 5.99 inches, 18:9, 1080P LCD display, Main control: Qualcomm 660+4GB RAM+64GB FLASH, Headphone jack: 6.35/4.4/3.5/2.5, Line output: 3.5+4.4 LO, Digital output: USB AUDIO+RCA coaxial, Battery: 9200mAh, Power supply: DC12V, Charging: QC3.0+PD,
Size and weight: 156.4x88.5x28mm (M15: 134*75*18mm), 610g (M15: 307g)
FiiO M17 #1..jpg
FiiO M17 #2.jpg

Fiio M17 Cooling Stand - Hi-Fi Mp3 Music Player

Translated From Chinese "M17 uses the same four-way THX788+ amplifier circuit as the K9Pro, and the output power is very strong. It is a real portable computer. Because of this, if it is in the DC power supply mode, due to the high working voltage of the amp circuit, when paired with some headphones that require high voltage and high current, the M17 will be more portable than common when playing dynamic and strong songs under long-term high volume. The equipment is quite tall. So we specially designed this cooling bracket with fan to cool down. There are two optional wind speeds, and there is enough space at the bottom for wiring. In addition, unlike other portable devices, M17 comes standard with this heat dissipation bracket and a high-power DC power supply (fast charging is not supported). It also fully demonstrates the extraordinary features of M17. When posting this Weibo, some netizens are interested in this fan bracket, so I will explain the ins and outs. Because it is designed for M17, the size structure is not very suitable for other models, but if there are many people in demand, we can still put into production a relatively general heat dissipation bracket."
Looks like an immature product to me. No implemented cooling? Maybe they should add a hair dryer ...

Sep 26, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #412 of 5,692
If it can output close to 2W, then there shouldn't be a power problem to drive Susvara properly, with plenty of headroom.
TBD ... but .... That rating will likely be at 32 ohms if not at 16 ohms.

If the actual rating is 1.8w, and if that output power rating is at 32 ohms:

- that would be closer to a little over 0.9 watts into the Susvara's 60 ohms if the output power rating is at 32 ohms.
- and half that again at a bit over 0.45 watts if the output power rating is at 16 ohms.

How good one's hearing is and how loud they listen will determine the M17's suitability driving the Susvara.

I have the HE-1000 v1 from its first release. No portable dac-amp I own drives it suitably. Would be fantastic tho if this M17 can achieve that.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #413 of 5,692
TBD ... but .... That rating will likely be at 32 ohms if not at 16 ohms.

If the actual rating is 1.8w, and if that output power rating is at 32 ohms:

- that would be closer to a little over 0.9 watts into the Susvara's 60 ohms if the output power rating is at 32 ohms.
- and half that again at a bit over 0.45 watts if the output power rating is at 16 ohms.

How good one's hearing is and how loud they listen will determine the M17's suitability driving the Susvara.

I have the HE-1000 v1 from its first release. No portable dac-amp I own drives it suitably. Would be fantastic tho if this M17 can achieve that.
Yeah right, didn't think about that, whoops.

I'd assume the output power is "very close to 2W" at 32 ohms, as 32 ohms is the most common metric for DAPs.

A bit over 1W per channel... Probably half of what Hifiman would recommend.

Sep 28, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #416 of 5,692
It really looks massive ..... Less than Shanling M30, but much more than I expected.

Let's hope it will be powered enough (2x2W) to compete with a Fiio M15 + a Less BX2+/ Centrance Ampersand as amp ... in such case, M17 will be more comfortable to carry and be free at home or even bring it to my office.
With android 10 and Google Play store, The M17 can also be really compatible with any music providers or Neutron/UAPP for a long time without new firmware.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #417 of 5,692
Yeah right, didn't think about that, whoops.

I'd assume the output power is "very close to 2W" at 32 ohms, as 32 ohms is the most common metric for DAPs.

A bit over 1W per channel... Probably half of what Hifiman would recommend.
Hi, from our latest test, the max output power of M17 is higher than 3W@32Ω

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back