[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Feb 8, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #33 of 5,692
Android 9 (all other SD660 DAPs have Android 9). Anyone that cares so much about the Android version should consider buying a DAC amp and sticking a rooted custom ROM Android mobile phone on top. SD 660 + Android 9 is exceptionally good both on Hiby R8 / R6 2020 and iBasso DX300.

FiiO has for me best software platform among the DAPs (miles better than A&K, and my preference to Hiby and iBasso) and FiiO's software team is always around and reachable to improve and fix bugs. So FiiO has my full confidence on the software side.

Feb 8, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #34 of 5,692
1612725836468.png

What is the planned storage? Dual microSD or an nvme slot?
Looks like a single card slot in the picture.

Feb 8, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #39 of 5,692
Android 9 (all other SD660 DAPs have Android 9). Anyone that cares so much about the Android version should consider buying a DAC amp and sticking a rooted custom ROM Android mobile phone on top. SD 660 + Android 9 is exceptionally good both on Hiby R8 / R6 2020 and iBasso DX300.

FiiO has for me best software platform among the DAPs (miles better than A&K, and my preference to Hiby and iBasso) and FiiO's software team is always around and reachable to improve and fix bugs. So FiiO has my full confidence on the software side.
what do you mean? FiiO app is not working until now @M11! Simple standards in database / sorting are not implemented etc. pp. The app is a piece of crap!

Feb 8, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #42 of 5,692
doubtfully, they will just be more focused into mid tier rather than flagship ?

Just concerned totl device these days is becoming bigger and bigger to fit the more components inside for high fidelity. I remember AK120 was very compact with the great sound in its time. Being a portable man, anything bigger than P6 Pro I rather resort to desktop setup.

Feb 8, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #43 of 5,692
Just concerned totl device these days is becoming bigger and bigger to fit the more components inside for high fidelity. I remember AK120 was very compact with the great sound in its time. Being a portable man, anything bigger than P6 Pro I rather resort to desktop setup.
And when I refer to desktop, I rather do speakers LOL! But there are different strikes for different folks. I am sure there will still be compact players

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #44 of 5,692

As James said: "The M17 is not a replacement model for the M15. However, it is a new model that brings to offering from FiiO to another level. M17, M15, M11 PRO and M11 will form the four pillars of FiiO Portable Player offerings in the future." Think of it like the KANN from A&K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back