[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Jun 29, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #4,201 of 5,692

The new firmware FW1.0.4 for FiiO M17 is now available!​

6097581.jpg

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.4 compared to the FW1.0.3 on M17:
1. Optimized the automatic screen rotation function(When auto-rotate screen is turned off, the screen orientation will be locked to the state before turning off.);
2. Optimized the light control function(When fully charged or not charged, the light will be according to the working state.);
3. Optimized USB Audio output compatibility;
4. Fixed the problem that the photo frame or desktop background cannot be selected as the screen saver;
5. Fixed other bugs.

M17 firmware download: Click here
How to upgrade the M17:Click here

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 29, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #4,202 of 5,692

6097581.jpg

The following changes and improvements have been made to the FW1.0.4 compared to the FW1.0.3 on M17:
1. Optimized the automatic screen rotation function(When auto-rotate screen is turned off, the screen orientation will be locked to the state before turning off.);
2. Optimized the light control function(When fully charged or not charged, the light will be according to the working state.);
4. Fixed the problem that the photo frame or desktop background cannot be selected as the screen saver;
5. Fixed other bugs.

Well done ... I am always surprised by the quality of service from FIIO, and the speed for adjusting firmware for new features or correcting issues ...
They are definitely more serious than most of other brands.. And, probably even better than Sony as their packages are more complete than Sony's WM1xxx... Of course, FIIO is a hundred miles ahead A&K or Shanling (that I also use some buggy DAPs).

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #4,203 of 5,692
Well done ... I am always surprised by the quality of service from FIIO, and the speed for adjusting firmware for new features or correcting issues ...
They are definitely more serious than most of other brands.. And, probably even better than Sony as their packages are more complete than Sony's WM1xxx... Of course, FIIO is a hundred miles ahead A&K or Shanling (that I also use some buggy DAPs).
💯% agreed, 100 miles ahead of Astell for sure in a worst case scenario..

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #4,204 of 5,692
I also like the FiiO threads, as there is less fanboy attitude. The level of garbage being pushed on some threads are criminally misleading. It is not about what they hear etc. but the level of fabricated technical explanations. So toxic.

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #4,205 of 5,692
I also like the FiiO threads, as there is less fanboy attitude. The level of garbage being pushed on some threads are criminally misleading. It is not about what they hear etc. but the level of fabricated technical explanations. So toxic.
ibasso threads can be the worst for that

Jun 29, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #4,207 of 5,692
ibasso threads can be the worst for that
iBasso threads are full of toxic waste. They make people buy industrial grade SD cards and tell them it fixes the reading of the audio files, that is why they sound better. I am really happy that we don't have this here. Except when iBasso fanboys popping up for some "advertisement".

Anyway, back to FiiO.

Jun 29, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #4,208 of 5,692
iBasso threads are full of toxic waste. They make people buy industrial grade SD cards and tell them it fixes the reading of the audio files, that is why they sound better. I am really happy that we don't have this here. Except when iBasso fanboys popping up for some "advertisement".

Anyway, back to FiiO.
fully agree, don't get me started on the ridiculous micro sd card affecting music quality!
Anyhow this Fiio thread is a much better place

Jun 29, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #4,209 of 5,692
I had the KANN and it was terrible experience. While it sounded okay it was slow and app froze and crashed frequently and no updates from the maker.

After 10 months of owning FiiO X7ii I had issues with volume wheel and they replaced it with M11 Pro for free. It was just before the pandemic and it couldn't be sent to China for repair.

I owned a lot of other brands but they were not nearly as professional and supportive as FiiO.

FiiO really changed their game, they are not releasing the products in a hurry anymore. M17 is an example of how much they have grown as a company in recent years.

Jun 29, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #4,210 of 5,692
I had the KANN and it was terrible experience. While it sounded okay it was slow and app froze and crashed frequently and no updates from the maker.

After 10 months of owning FiiO X7ii I had issues with volume wheel and they replaced it with M11 Pro for free. It was just before the pandemic and it couldn't be sent to China for repair.

I owned a lot of other brands but they were not nearly as professional and supportive as FiiO.

FiiO really changed their game, they are not releasing the products in a hurry anymore. M17 is an example of how much they have grown as a company in recent years.
I can not agree with you more, I had original Kann as well an exactly same experience, good sound but sluggish and buggy software. Was getting rather hot too..

Jun 29, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #4,211 of 5,692

Anyway, back to FiiO.

fully agree, don't get me started on the ridiculous micro sd card affecting music quality!
Anyhow this Fiio thread is a much better place
Really??? SD cards effecting sound quality?? jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez....thank god they didn't say certain leather case improves the sound ha ha ha...:smiley:

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #4,212 of 5,692
I'm wondering, can the m17 go full-dc and be run with no battery usage?

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #4,213 of 5,692
Dear Fiio Team, thank you very much for the update ....

5. Fixed other bugs.

I was really hopping on the simplified Filter settings as well ....

Dear @JamesFiiO, dear @FiiO,

thanks for this wonderful player !

While trying to setup my M17, I found the following issues about usability in terms of digital filter settings:

Despite many other settings, the filters are “deeply” hidden in the ... settings … audio …. Lowpass filter mode …

It would be very convenient, if the filters could be chosen directly from the dropdown menue, to quickly switch between them.

1644700124255.png

I have seen, that the Multi-function button can also be customized to switch the filters – but its nowhere visualized, which filter is currently chosen … so probably it would be possible to show the current filter also somewhere, probably in the status bar

1644700182811.png

Probably not only showing the currently chosen filter, but also showing the currently chosen GAIN setting …

1647412985968.png
This filters selection will be added in the drop down menu in the feature firmware.

Best regards
... probably with the next update ?

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #4,214 of 5,692
This is something that I have mentioned in M17 and M11 Plus ESS reviews.
@FiiO you must make filter selection more easy and you should add at top information bar gain and filter info at glance.
M17 & M11 must be the only players at the market that don't display gain and filter info at the top bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back