[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
May 17, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #3,901 of 5,692
Haven't been listening to my m17 for a few weeks and planned to listen to it for a while this evening. But sadly found the rear panel was bulged out! I'm afraid it might be the battery issue and didn't turn it on. Need to contact the local agent for repair tomorrow . . .
Ouch, I had that happen with an Astell&Kern AK25, and it was a shocker to me. I hadn’t listened to it in a while, either, but I had kept it plugged in charging to a USB port on a MacBookPro. I learned that will be last time I leave ANY player plugged in for a long time, charging.

May 17, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #3,902 of 5,692
Just bought some flacs from BandCamp and giving them a listen before I start prepping them to play (deejaying is a ~25 year passion of mine).

Listening from my M17 and through a pair of Ultrasone Signature DJ at a low volume and I'm just blown away. I'm very glad I picked up this brick, it really paints a smile on my face!

May 17, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #3,903 of 5,692
Just bought some flacs from BandCamp and giving them a listen before I start prepping them to play (deejaying is a ~25 year passion of mine).

Listening from my M17 and through a pair of Ultrasone Signature DJ at a low volume and I'm just blown away. I'm very glad I picked up this brick, it really paints a smile on my face!
And a brick it is but I love it too

May 18, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #3,904 of 5,692
Ouch, I had that happen with an Astell&Kern AK25, and it was a shocker to me. I hadn’t listened to it in a while, either, but I had kept it plugged in charging to a USB port on a MacBookPro. I learned that will be last time I leave ANY player plugged in for a long time, charging.
the local agent is waiting for the replacement battery and will arrange to repair a bit later. hope it will return to working state soon. but i mostly use ak ca1000 for quasi-portable listening at home now. so not really in a hurry

May 18, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #3,905 of 5,692
May 18, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #3,906 of 5,692
Few droids...)
IMG_1944-01%20%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%8F.jpg

May 18, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #3,907 of 5,692
It's ok, bit too loose for me and the bottom has a tendency to open up. Last thing I want is to pick it up and it slides out on to the floor
The latter part, ya, can't argue that. But the loose part, I believe that helps keep it cooler than if the case was a snug fit.

May 18, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #3,908 of 5,692
My M17 arrived today. I'm new to Android. I'm in the Fiio music app and the swipe up gesture to return to the Home Screen isn't working like it does in other apps. I can swipe down for notifications/settings, but I can't return to the Home Screen. I can't leave the Fiio music app.

What to do?

EDIT: figured out I was in Pure Music Mode :beyersmile: problem solved!

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #3,909 of 5,692
Haven't been listening to my m17 for a few weeks and planned to listen to it for a while this evening. But sadly found the rear panel was bulged out! I'm afraid it might be the battery issue and didn't turn it on. Need to contact the local agent for repair tomorrow . . .
Dear friend,

Sorry about that. Please try to contact your local seller about that. If the seller fails to help, please contact support@fiio.com with the receipt attached.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 19, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #3,910 of 5,692
My M17 arrived today. I'm new to Android. I'm in the Fiio music app and the swipe up gesture to return to the Home Screen isn't working like it does in other apps. I can swipe down for notifications/settings, but I can't return to the Home Screen. I can't leave the Fiio music app.

What to do?

EDIT: figured out I was in Pure Music Mode :beyersmile: problem solved!
I didnt like it either. Plus, you can modify the interface in the setting to change from gestures (the default) to the traditional two or three control buttons on the bottom. I changed it to use the three button controls and am really happy that I did; as a long time Android user that was like a comfortable blanket. :wink:

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #3,911 of 5,692
Hello, one help from the M17 owners. I usually stay some weeks without using my DAP's, can anyone tell me if the battery discharges in short time or if it keeps charge when turned off for a long period of time?

I have a LPGT TI that will keep charge for many weeks and a Hiby R8 that will lose all the charge in one week even when completely off making it mostly unusable for me.

Thanks for the help

May 19, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #3,912 of 5,692
Hello, one help from the M17 owners. I usually stay some weeks without using my DAP's, can anyone tell me if the battery discharges in short time or if it keeps charge when turned off for a long period of time?

I have a LPGT TI that will keep charge for many weeks and a Hiby R8 that will lose all the charge in one week even when completely off making it mostly unusable for me.

Thanks for the help

That was a fault with the early Hiby R8 batteries.

May 19, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #3,913 of 5,692
Still enjoying this combo🎧🎧🎧

Attachments

• IMG_20220518_165619.jpg
    IMG_20220518_165619.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
May 19, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #3,914 of 5,692

bulding dido m17 battery.jpg
the local agent is waiting for the replacement battery and will arrange to repair a bit later. hope it will return to working state soon. but i mostly use ak ca1000 for quasi-portable listening at home now. so not really in a hurry
@ddlo , that Li-ion bulging battery should be removed asap from the M17 - before the battery pops and ruins the M17, or burns your house down...

The swelling battery isn't safe to ship either! I hope your agent is close by, or find a local shop with experience removing a swelling Li-ion battery, like a PC Repair shop or other consumer electronics repair shop. If you don't know anyone, call your local fire department and explain the situation and ask them for recommendations where that battery can be safely removed and safely disposed.

I wouldn't leave your M17 with a swelling battery that has so much pressure it breached the fasteners of the case - as it is probably continuing to swell right now - sitting on or near anything flammable.

Lithium-ion battery swelling get worse over time, and the building pressure can pop the containment, or the swelling can cause the layers of the battery to split/open up and fail, causing the conductive elements to meet and short, resulting in a Lithium Ion Battery Explosion - like those Samsung Note 7 Lithium Ion batteries that swelled and exploded. Physically exposed LiPo batteries are more vulnerable to damage causing them to fail more often, and are just as explosive.

If you have a LiPo burn bag handy, or know someone that does - ordering and waiting for delivery of one might not be fast enough. Your M17 would be safer in a burn bag than sitting on a surface that will burn if that M17 battery blows.

The safest would be to put the M17 outdoors on a concrete block or slab , inside a Lipo Burn Bag, away from any buildings. The middle of the garage concrete slab would be 2nd best, but the outgassing and smoke from a fire would soon fill up the garage, and if you have an air vent connected to the garage from the house the smoke might be drawn into the house.

@FiiO would want the info off of the swelling battery - to track the manufacturing run the battery and that M17 came from - as others made in those batches might also be affected similarly. Where there is one, there are often more, especially since it was sealed into a closed unit that couldn't have been damaged by a puncture after manufacture.

Even though your local agent is solving your Lithium Battery Swelling replacement, @FiiO can benefit from the battery/M17 production batch info. The agent might pass it on, but then again they might not... :ksc75smile:
@FiiO - FiiO has been great at designing battery / power supplies and software/firmware that "do the right thing", and my M15/BTR5/BTR3k's all hold their full battery charge when off of the charger for a long long time.

I would expect all the batteries in the M17 would also hold their charges over time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back