[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Jun 28, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #274 of 5,692
The only sure is that specs are great , iBasso is great at tuning with organic and analogue sound and least but not last they charge with respect to the buyer.
While sound performances is subjective. I agree with their prices/performances ratios. It is one of the DAP I look forward to for sure

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #276 of 5,692
So for me, M17 and dx300 max - is the same league.
So the questions will be:
- price
- avialability

According to James Chung (CEO of Fiio), the latest launch date should be in October.

Unfortunately, it is delayed again due to a shortage of chips and components, resulting in a complete rework of the M17. They also want to improve heat dissipation, wifi signal interference and more. All these problems lead to a much longer development cycle than they had anticipated.

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #277 of 5,692
Jun 28, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #278 of 5,692
According to James Chung (CEO of Fiio), the latest launch date should be in October.

Unfortunately, it is delayed again due to a shortage of chips and components, resulting in a complete rework of the M17. They also want to improve heat dissipation, wifi signal interference and more. All these problems lead to a much longer development cycle than they had anticipated.
Yikes!

Looks like I will have to hold onto my DX300 for a while. I might even get a DX300 MAX instead of the M17.

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #280 of 5,692
The es9038Pro heat generating is no jokes. Even desktop class DAC with full sizes architecture are having problem when maximizing the capabilities of these Chips. I have no doubt that the M17 is facing this very problem.

Even the AK4499EQ would also be a heat monsters. Eventhough it is less than 38Pro

Neither of these Chips were engineered and designed for Portabilities at all. However, the AKM chips are more forgivable than the ESS, and this enables the companies to utilizes AKM in portable products more

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #281 of 5,692
The es9038Pro heat generating is no jokes. Even desktop class DAC with full sizes architecture are having problem when maximizing the capabilities of these Chips. I have no doubt that the M17 is facing this very problem.

Even the AK4499EQ would also be a heat monsters. Eventhough it is less than 38Pro

Neither of these Chips were engineered and designed for Portabilities at all. However, the AKM chips are more forgivable than the ESS, and this enables the companies to utilizes AKM in portable products more
Oh that chip has overheating issues? Glad I opted for the M11 Plus then. Hopefully that doesn't get too hot since I walk around in hot weather a lot.

Is the DX300 any good? Looking at getting that and giving my partner the M11 Plus because they love it.

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #283 of 5,692
Oh that chip has overheating issues? Glad I opted for the M11 Plus then. Hopefully that doesn't get too hot since I walk around in hot weather a lot.

Is the DX300 any good? Looking at getting that and giving my partner the M11 Plus because they love it.
Well, it generates a hell lot of heat :).
The dx300 barely get any heat dissipation at all. The sound performances will depend on your personal preferences. It has modular amp, and that it can cater to different folks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back