[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
May 13, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #3,842 of 5,690
So I listened to the m17 and k9 pro a few hours ago.

The m17 has a noticeably warmer sound then the k9 pro. Base is also elivated on the m17

I've got the empire ears legend x. Too much base on the m17 but just right on the k9 pro. The empire ears evo was great on the m17.
The fiio fd5 was also great on the m17.

I've given back my d90se + A90 stack. It wasn't engaging. It took all the fun out of the music.
I wouldn't say that the M17's bass is elevated.

May 13, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #3,843 of 5,690
Listening through a pair of thoroughly burnt in Ultrasone Pro 900i and I am LIVING.

May 13, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #3,844 of 5,690
I meant compaired to the k9 pro. It's more.

The m17 paired well with the empire ears evo and fiio fd5.

With the legend x I feet it was too much. The legend x paired better with the k9 pro.

I'm going to have a listen to the EE evo today on both the k9 pro and m17.

Both are the best I've heard, making the music enjoyable which far outweighs any paper measurement.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #3,845 of 5,690

I haven't head the pleasure to hear the K9 Pro, but now I want to. Pretty happy with my two desktop favorites tho, Gustard X-16 into my Woo WA-22 & McIntosh MHA-100. So the M17 plays a role in my line-up that would be redundant with the K9 Pro. (unless I read the specs wrong the M17 is a bit more powerful too, by 50%)

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #3,846 of 5,690
I meant compaired to the k9 pro. It's more.

The m17 paired well with the empire ears evo and fiio fd5.

With the legend x I feet it was too much. The legend x paired better with the k9 pro.

I'm going to have a listen to the EE evo today on both the k9 pro and m17.

Both are the best I've heard, making the music enjoyable which far outweighs any paper measurement.
From what I've heard the EVO tends to lean on the darker side on the treble and upper registers. I am very curious if because of m17's insane transparency, this is the reason EVOs pair so well and have such good synergy. Can anyone either confirm or deny this?

May 13, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #3,847 of 5,690
The evo and legend x are very very similar in the treble. I really didn't notice. The legend x is my daily driver. Its the base and mids that's different.

Also my legend x have been converted to balanced. So I heard both balanced.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #3,848 of 5,690
Is it possible to access "deep sleep" in pure music mode? If not, perhaps something like incorporating it in the "quick settings" section of the notification shade, @FiiO?

May 14, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #3,849 of 5,690
Is it possible to access "deep sleep" in pure music mode? If not, perhaps something like incorporating it in the "quick settings" section of the notification shade, @FiiO?
Dear friend,

1. Theoretically, the M17 could enter sleep mode after some time when the M17 is not in working mode.
2. If you set the indicator to constant on or pulsing for working mode, when both the LCD display and the indicator are off, the M17 has entered sleep mode.
3. As for the quick setting icon in pull down menu, we will record and report to the engineer.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 14, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #3,850 of 5,690
My m17 beast has arrived today. It’s so good! I know it’s expensive but compared to other companies flagship it’s kind of a bargain. Really good sound plus enough power for power much anything. Also looks better in the flesh

May 14, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #3,851 of 5,690
Dear friend,

1. Theoretically, the M17 could enter sleep mode after some time when the M17 is not in working mode.
2. If you set the indicator to constant on or pulsing for working mode, when both the LCD display and the indicator are off, the M17 has entered sleep mode.
3. As for the quick setting icon in pull down menu, we will record and report to the engineer.

Best regards

Thank you!

May 14, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #3,852 of 5,690
Btw, I knew this was big. Yet I was still surprised and amazed by just how big it was. I could not help but lol heartily as I unboxed it in Audio46 so I could listen to it driving my Euclid as I traveled back to the apartment.

Also learned from that trip back though it fits inside but hangs extremely in a standard pocket, and the way it hangs and smacks the side-back of the knee in a cargo pocket causing pain after a while, pocket-able this is not. I'll need to find a workable way to transport this, especially now that the cold season is over in the northern hemisphere and I'll no longer be wearing a big jacket with big pockets that this would happily sit inside.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #3,853 of 5,690
Btw, I knew this was big. Yet I was still surprised and amazed by just how big it was. I could not help but lol heartily as I unboxed it in Audio46 so I could listen to it driving my Euclid as I traveled back to the apartment.

Also learned from that trip back though it fits inside but hangs extremely in a standard pocket, and the way it hangs and smacks the side-back of the knee in a cargo pocket causing pain after a while, pocket-able this is not. I'll need to find a workable way to transport this, especially now that the cold season is over in the northern hemisphere and I'll no longer be wearing a big jacket with big pockets that this would happily sit inside.
it is definitely not standard jeans pocket friendly.

i started a thread in the pursuit of finding a great but small bag on the go. see here, may it helps you.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #3,854 of 5,690
M17 Enhanced mode Vs 300 max Ultimate mode paired with
20220515_160122.jpg the Fostex, the 17 gets my vote 👍

May 15, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #3,855 of 5,690
When using the M17 vis its USB-C connection to go into an external DAC are there any manual adjustments to be done? Or is it a case of connect and forget?
Which USB-C socket does one use?
Thanks to all who chime in. 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back