FiiO M15S Pocket Desktop-Level Player Discussion & Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #721 of 945
I thought exactly the same as you, they are expensive, but beeing at the shop for almost a day😂 listening the whole line from shanling to ibasso, fiio… none of them pleased me. Okay I like the m9 plus, but than you are in sp3000 territory (and the sp3000 wins hands on)

Untill I had my try of astell, it was a hit. Deep punch, clear highs, smooth mids, never harsh, not even with a sabre, the se180 is the first dap I heared with the sem1, that was smoother than some AK I have heared.

The s180 with sem4, to me sounds very very close to a sp2000
Interesting. I tried the S180 with sem4 and though I found it highly articulate with a lovely black background, it was also what I would describe as 'joyless' - a flat sound, maybe a bit synthetic. I preferred the iBasso dx240 that I had at the time, and would say that the M15S is a significant step up from both in terms of warmth, timbre and realism. This is with ie900 iems playing mostly Qobuz.

Nov 24, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #722 of 945
Interesting. I tried the S180 with sem4 and though I found it highly articulate with a lovely black background, it was also what I would describe as 'joyless' - a flat sound, maybe a bit synthetic. I preferred the iBasso dx240 that I had at the time, and would say that the M15S is a significant step up from both in terms of warmth, timbre and realism. This is with ie900 iems playing mostly Qobuz.
De se180 is clean yes, but definately smooth. They do not add anything, that’s what a amp should be in my opinion. Otherwise you always run into issues if you have a wide taste in music genres.

The sem 2 and 4 are warm, the sem 1 and 3 are clean

Nov 24, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #723 of 945
And that's exactly what I prefer. Warmth, timbre/tonality, and realism - yet still articulate and a bit airy without throwing details in my face or becoming analytical. Add in some great dynamics and note weight. From what I've read, this seems to be what the M15s offers. I've also asked a few people if it's as bright as my M8, and my understanding is that it's slightly more reserved in the presence region. I don't require flagship, and I'm not willing to drop more than a grand on any piece of equipment.

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #724 of 945
And that's exactly what I prefer. Warmth, timbre/tonality, and realism - yet still articulate and a bit airy without throwing details in my face or becoming analytical. Add in some great dynamics and note weight. From what I've read, this seems to be what the M15s offers. I've also asked a few people if it's as bright as my M8, and my understanding is that it's slightly more reserved in the presence region. I don't require flagship, and I'm not willing to drop more than a grand on any piece of equipment.
Than like I said, order one from amazon, I did, but it was not my thing. But maybe for you it is. Everyone’s ears are different, so listening yourself is the best judgement. At least amazon has a 30 day return policy :)

Nov 26, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #725 of 945
Здравствуйте, подскажите пожалуйста, M15S, может ли он работать в режиме приема Bluetooth в двустороннем потоке? Принимать и одновременно раздавать звук..(пробую, не получается)..

Nov 26, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #726 of 945
Здравствуйте, подскажите пожалуйста, M15S, может ли он работать в режиме приема Bluetooth в двустороннем потоке? Принимать и одновременно раздавать звук..(пробую, не получается)..
Transmit
https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/825427.html

Receive
https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/825426.html

No I don’t speak russion :) long live google translate 😂

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #730 of 945
Can someone try this?
IMG_2422.jpeg

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #734 of 945
"Disable battery charge" is ON ( under Settings/Battery ) but still plugged unto Android smarphones as USB DAC drains their battery , I tried with 2 smartphones : same result

Users who are viewing this thread

Back