FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 31, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #3,466 of 4,083
Feb 6, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #3,469 of 4,083
Feb 6, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #3,470 of 4,083
Hi gentlemen. I have a question about the M15, did you notice any deterioration in sound quality during longer listening sessions? for me, when the player heats up more, the sound starts to sibilize a little, I turn off the DAP for 10 minutes and everything returns to normal until it warms up more. In general, I noticed that the equipment started to heat up more than before, when I turn on the "All to DSD" function, I have to put it down while listening because it becomes uncomfortable to hold in my hand, earlier the equipment was also warming up but not as much as now.
I have notice the opposite. When the unit starts running hot the sound seems to be a little better, with better bass and sub bass response. I have not tried the “all to DSD” function only for short period of time but using that function will put all the CPU power to transform the files to DSD (so it will get very hot) and also drain your battery life.

Feb 6, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #3,472 of 4,083
I have notice the opposite. When the unit starts running hot the sound seems to be a little better, with better bass and sub bass response. I have not tried the “all to DSD” function only for short period of time but using that function will put all the CPU power to transform the files to DSD (so it will get very hot) and also drain your battery life.
I believe this is true, sound gets fuller as device gets warmer. M15 settled after a time (100h+), sound got tight, lost a "boominess" that had in a start, now is more on neutral, detailed side, when warm, low end feels stronger.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #3,474 of 4,083
Feb 7, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #3,477 of 4,083
Translated:

FiiO James
Edited from Weibo weibo.com 10 hours ago
The unexpected M17 was exposed like this!

I was still running 10 kilometers this morning, and my friends started to make trouble, saying it was a big deal. It turned out that the M17 we were developing was published on the iF official website due to the participation in the iF industrial design selection. Then it happened that some netizens found out, but they were asked a lot of details and some information for verification all morning. In addition, there are some errors on the iF official website, so I still write a long Weibo to respond.

1. The M17 project started in 2019, and the original plan was to go public at the end of 2020. As a result, due to the impact of the epidemic on work, especially the AKM fire, we temporarily changed our plan. It is currently expected that it will not be available until August 2021. To be honest, the rhythm used to be just right, but now it has become a high-end player throughout the first half of the year.

2. M17 is not a replacement model for M15, but as the model with the highest positioning among FiiO portable players. As Bluetooth decoding amps and small tail amps have already occupied the entry market, M17, M15, M11PRO, and M11 will become the four core price positions of FiiO portable players in the future. Of course, M15/M11PRO and M11 are currently discontinued, but in the future, new models will be used in an orderly manner to fill the gaps after the delisting of old models.

3. The product concept of M17 is the concept of a portable computer. Using dual ESS9038Pro flagship DAC chips, desktop basic THX788PRO amp circuit, large thrust (32 ohms can output more than 1200mW+1200mW, 300 ohms can output more than 350mW+350mW, complete input and output interfaces (2.5+3.5+4.4+ 6.3 headphone output, 3.5/4.4 LO output. Standard RCA coaxial output, DC power input interface, dual TC interface, with DC/BAT switch, can use AC power supply for a long time. At the same time, the weight and volume are still obtained Relatively better control, it can be carried in a pocket, and it can still be used with one hand.

4. RGB YES! M17 may be the first product with RGB ambient lights. Unlike ordinary RGB lights, the heat dissipation windows on both sides of the M17 are designed with two sets of RGB backlight panels, using multiple RGB lights to make the ambient lights. There will be various interesting lighting changes in the future (such as different brightness and colors to indicate sound effects, output power, temperature, format, etc.).

5. FiiO is the first portable player equipped with a 2.5+3.5+4.4 headphone output interface on the M11, which has been welcomed by many users. This time FiiO has made persistent efforts and added a 6.3 full-size large-ear single-ended interface on the M17 , Coaxial also uses the standard RCA lotus output interface, which is more convenient for audiophiles.

6. This time, the display screen uses a 1080P 18:9 high-definition display screen, and the main control is also upgraded relative to the M15.

7. The current appearance effect is not the final design. For example, due to various reasons, the original wire drawing + frosting process may be changed to the all-aluminum-magnesium alloy sandblasting process.

8. The time to market and price are currently due to the product design has not been finalized. Therefore, the exact time and price cannot be determined for the time being, but according to the current situation, the time to market will be after July, and the retail price will exceed 10,000 yuan.

For more details, please understand that we need to keep it until the product is fully finalized before being released.

Original link:Web link
1. The M17 is a mobile high fidelity lossless smart music player.

2. It has the latest desktop audio structure with rich input/output ports yet a hand-held body. Compared to excessive-size players, it is easier to carry and has more power ports. The maximum output power reaches 600mW (Left+right channel).

3. The M17 meets users' needs for high-quality music in different scenarios. (It is a player, a Bluetooth amp, a DAC and headphone amplifier, and even a WiFi digital audio player.) It can be connected to multiple audio devices via its rich ports with great extension and more playabilities. Unprecedentedly, it covers all audio usage scenarios.

Feb 7, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #3,478 of 4,083
Translated:

FiiO James
Edited from Weibo weibo.com 10 hours ago
The unexpected M17 was exposed like this!

I was still running 10 kilometers this morning, and my friends started to make trouble, saying it was a big deal. It turned out that the M17 we were developing was published on the iF official website due to the participation in the iF industrial design selection. Then it happened that some netizens found out, but they were asked a lot of details and some information for verification all morning. In addition, there are some errors on the iF official website, so I still write a long Weibo to respond.

1. The M17 project started in 2019, and the original plan was to go public at the end of 2020. As a result, due to the impact of the epidemic on work, especially the AKM fire, we temporarily changed our plan. It is currently expected that it will not be available until August 2021. To be honest, the rhythm used to be just right, but now it has become a high-end player throughout the first half of the year.

2. M17 is not a replacement model for M15, but as the model with the highest positioning among FiiO portable players. As Bluetooth decoding amps and small tail amps have already occupied the entry market, M17, M15, M11PRO, and M11 will become the four core price positions of FiiO portable players in the future. Of course, M15/M11PRO and M11 are currently discontinued, but in the future, new models will be used in an orderly manner to fill the gaps after the delisting of old models.

3. The product concept of M17 is the concept of a portable computer. Using dual ESS9038Pro flagship DAC chips, desktop basic THX788PRO amp circuit, large thrust (32 ohms can output more than 1200mW+1200mW, 300 ohms can output more than 350mW+350mW, complete input and output interfaces (2.5+3.5+4.4+ 6.3 headphone output, 3.5/4.4 LO output. Standard RCA coaxial output, DC power input interface, dual TC interface, with DC/BAT switch, can use AC power supply for a long time. At the same time, the weight and volume are still obtained Relatively better control, it can be carried in a pocket, and it can still be used with one hand.

4. RGB YES! M17 may be the first product with RGB ambient lights. Unlike ordinary RGB lights, the heat dissipation windows on both sides of the M17 are designed with two sets of RGB backlight panels, using multiple RGB lights to make the ambient lights. There will be various interesting lighting changes in the future (such as different brightness and colors to indicate sound effects, output power, temperature, format, etc.).

5. FiiO is the first portable player equipped with a 2.5+3.5+4.4 headphone output interface on the M11, which has been welcomed by many users. This time FiiO has made persistent efforts and added a 6.3 full-size large-ear single-ended interface on the M17 , Coaxial also uses the standard RCA lotus output interface, which is more convenient for audiophiles.

6. This time, the display screen uses a 1080P 18:9 high-definition display screen, and the main control is also upgraded relative to the M15.

7. The current appearance effect is not the final design. For example, due to various reasons, the original wire drawing + frosting process may be changed to the all-aluminum-magnesium alloy sandblasting process.

8. The time to market and price are currently due to the product design has not been finalized. Therefore, the exact time and price cannot be determined for the time being, but according to the current situation, the time to market will be after July, and the retail price will exceed 10,000 yuan.

For more details, please understand that we need to keep it until the product is fully finalized before being released.

Original link:Web link
1. The M17 is a mobile high fidelity lossless smart music player.

2. It has the latest desktop audio structure with rich input/output ports yet a hand-held body. Compared to excessive-size players, it is easier to carry and has more power ports. The maximum output power reaches 600mW (Left+right channel).

3. The M17 meets users' needs for high-quality music in different scenarios. (It is a player, a Bluetooth amp, a DAC and headphone amplifier, and even a WiFi digital audio player.) It can be connected to multiple audio devices via its rich ports with great extension and more playabilities. Unprecedentedly, it covers all audio usage scenarios.

An all in one audio device that covers everything an audiophile needs for €1200-1500 would be awesome! Now to see if Fiio's tuning has matured a little (not looking for massive changes mind).

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #3,480 of 4,083
A little M15 related tidbit missed so far?

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4602363899288474

"1. In the future, if FiiO portable players are not unexpected, there will only be products above 3000 price. Due to various reasons, our existing mid-to-high-end models have been discontinued, so the future models will be M11S, M11Plus, M15S, M17. Due to schedule and resource issues, there may be only a small amount of M11Plus (4497 we only have a small inventory) this year, and M17 will be listed."

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4602363899288474?cid=4602371381930570

fiio lighter
So M15S is the chip of ESS?

FiiO James
Yup

Exciting news about the M15S and M17 !! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back