FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 27, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #3,451 of 4,083
The Campfire Cascades is an exceptional pairing with the M15. You can drive it to very satisfying level. It has good treble, mids and bass. It's a little bass heavy for my taste even with maximum dampening, but doesn't creep into the mids with fast Berrylium drivers. It's what I wish the Utopia should sound like.
You can remove the white filter in the earpads it increases treble and decreases bass, goes well with the miss of the M15

Jan 28, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #3,455 of 4,083
Anyone tried Aeon 2 Closed with the M15? Not much discussion in this thread about it.

Jan 29, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #3,457 of 4,083
That’s interesting, does it help the mids become less veiled or recessed?

I’m not sure about that, I never found the kids to be too recessed to begin with...
You should go checkout the Cascade thread, just search “white filter” and if I remember right there were some measurements posted and some more peoples impressions.

Actually I just tried cloth pads. It basically took away all bass issues. Now it's like perfect.

Jan 29, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #3,459 of 4,083
Will the Astell & Kern Kann Alpha be the M15 killer?
If you read the A&K Kann Alpha page, I gave my listening experience to both. Basically the Kann does not have the A&K sound signature, it’s V shaped in sound. It doesn’t have a AKM dac like many other A&K daps, my old A&K 380 sounded much better then the Kann Alpha. And the m15 is a little improvement on the 380. The m15 is not an A&K 1000/2000 series dap, those are definitely in their own league but again have AKM dacs and are more then double the price.

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #3,460 of 4,083
Will the Astell & Kern Kann Alpha be the M15 killer?

M15 is pretty close to endgame DAP sound. You can pay more for slightly better build quality. Honestly you have to let your head convince yourself the sound difference between SP1k/2k is significant. The Cowons have a cleaner noise floor. I would go with Cowon if you are IEM only person and want to the purest background.

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #3,461 of 4,083
Hi gentlemen. I have a question about the M15, did you notice any deterioration in sound quality during longer listening sessions? for me, when the player heats up more, the sound starts to sibilize a little, I turn off the DAP for 10 minutes and everything returns to normal until it warms up more. In general, I noticed that the equipment started to heat up more than before, when I turn on the "All to DSD" function, I have to put it down while listening because it becomes uncomfortable to hold in my hand, earlier the equipment was also warming up but not as much as now.

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #3,463 of 4,083
Hi gentlemen. I have a question about the M15, did you notice any deterioration in sound quality during longer listening sessions? for me, when the player heats up more, the sound starts to sibilize a little, I turn off the DAP for 10 minutes and everything returns to normal until it warms up more. In general, I noticed that the equipment started to heat up more than before, when I turn on the "All to DSD" function, I have to put it down while listening because it becomes uncomfortable to hold in my hand, earlier the equipment was also warming up but not as much as now.
I finally tried all to DSD, the only thing I noticed was a bit of sound EQ. Didn’t open up or separate the sound better to my ears. Possibly blackened the background a bit and removed some recording noises. I did notice in while my guitar gently weeps from the rock and roll hall of fame live album, some of the guitar pick sounds and breathes have been removed in all to DSD verse it’s original MQA or Flac recording. Along with some background noise from it being a live recording. For myself it seems like unless you like a very black background and a bit less natural noises within your listen the all to DSD robs you of some interesting details within a recording to give you more of an unnatural dynamic range. Like EQing it’s a personal preference.

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #3,464 of 4,083
Custom made titanium volume knob cover, colour blue+gold - made in the same color scheme as the player and the case.

Attachments

• IMG_20210131_204659.jpg
    IMG_20210131_204659.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210131_204223.jpg
    IMG_20210131_204223.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back