FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Nov 6, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #3,271 of 4,083
Good day to all you guys! :)
I'm trying to find out what am I doing wrong...
I have the latest 1.0.3 firmware on my M15, Tidal 2.32.1 (HiFi account, "Loudness norm" is OFF), latest UAPP and FIIO Music.

And NO MQA LOGO or 192K (352) at the top of the screen :frowning2:((
For example, Hymn to Love (master) by Nidarosdomens jentekor plays through Tidal app as 88,2, but not 352.8 as pictured above.
How do you think, whats the problem?

Thank you!
On the M15 screen touch and hold the Tidal App Icon... then hit the erase option that will pop up... now go back to the store and reload the Tidal App... it should work then

Nov 6, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #3,272 of 4,083
Is it possible to burn in all the outputs on the M15 using USB headphones out or does burn in only occur on the output being used?

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #3,273 of 4,083
Is it possible to burn in all the outputs on the M15 using USB headphones out or does burn in only occur on the output being used?

USB headphones skip the entire amp section so for burn-in purposes are useless. Best use an analog output for that.

Having said that, the balanced and unbalanced outputs only share part of the entire M15 DAC and AMP circuits. With only the balanced outputs using the M15 internals in its entirety. Best way of burning-in your M15 is via one of the balanced outputs so that all DAC and AMP sections are used.

Which one makes no difference as both balanced outputs are identically connected. Therefore burn-in can be done on either output.. I used my 2.5mm old iBasso burn-in plug for that purpose, but simply connecting your balanced headphones and letting it play during nights and off-hours will do just fine.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #3,275 of 4,083
I had the Ara for two weeks no hiss at all but for me to bright. The ARA is extreme output impedance sensitive so stay with the standard Smokey Litz Cable from Campfire even if you plan to upgrade the cable for the balanced output. The Super Smokey Litz Cable makes it even brighter. The best match i found is the Andromeda Gold, happy to have one.

Best regards,
Marco

I have upgraded to a pure copper cable, gives some warmth to my Ara. Its sound is perfect right now for me. But im staying with 3.5mm for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20201023_160159-01.jpeg
    IMG_20201023_160159-01.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 7, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #3,276 of 4,083
Some user told us that the Tidal APP could support 8X MQA after disabling "Loudness normalization" in Tidal app. Maybe you could have a try.

Best regards
MQA full 8x unfolding is now working in Tidal app on the M15, shows the correct rate / MQA logo. :)

And, enabling Loudness normalization disables the MQA unfolding.

Nice work FiiO and Tidal :)

FiiO? Is USB DAC mode support for MQA Full unfolding planned for PC app Tidal? That would be awesome :)

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #3,279 of 4,083
Got my custom leather case by Easecase :)InShot_20201105_183149880.jpg

Nov 8, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #3,280 of 4,083
Many websites will stop working on older Android versions in 2021
Let's Encrypt will stop signing new SSL certificates with DST Root X1
https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/...op-working-on-older-android-versions-in-2021/

Let's Encrypt makes certs for almost 30% of web domains! RC4/3DES/TLS 1.0 are still used! Certs for hundreds of years! Analyzing hundreds of millions of SSL handshakes
https://www.leebutterman.com/2019/08/05/analyzing-hundreds-of-millions-of-ssl-connections.html

The M15 on 1.0.3 is running Android 7.0, and the support is stopping for devices running Android prior to Android 7.1.1:

@FiiO - Does FiiO have a plan for upgrading our devices to Android 7.1.1 to support these changes coming in a few months?

This issue can start as early as January 11, 2021 even though the support completely stops in September 2021.

Any thoughts or comments on what FiiO needs to do?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #3,281 of 4,083
FiiO devices are music players. FiiO should make shure, that, from an internet point of view, streaming services like Tidal and Spotify could be used.
For all other gimmicks use your phone ... No need for an updated OS. Priority should stay on a stable device.

Nov 8, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #3,282 of 4,083
FiiO devices are music players. FiiO should make shure, that, from an internet point of view, streaming services like Tidal and Spotify could be used.
For all other gimmicks use your phone ... No need for an updated OS. Priority should stay on a stable device.
That is an interesting point of view, but I can not agree.

The FiiO devices that are an Android device as well as a Music Player need to keep all of the Android functions up to date as they are a critical part of the value of the device.

FiiO and other DAP makers agree as they make great efforts to provide up to date current Google Play support of the Android eco-system so their customers can have the benefits of an on the go Android device along with the Music Player functionality focus in hardware.

I have my M15 set up with the same Android apps that I use daily on my phone so that I can leave my phone at home when I don't need it - which is more and more often - I make few phone calls these days. The internet connectivity for apps is all I need most of the time.

@FiiO - I depend on the M15 and my other Android devices for full internet functionality, and FiiO needs to keep all of those Android internet functions up to date and current with software updates for their Android based devices.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #3,284 of 4,083
Nov 8, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #3,285 of 4,083
I'm about to put my order in for an M15. What cases are recommended for it? I've seen two leather options (First and Second) and a rubbery-condom looking thing. I'm leaning toward the one with the heat-sinks in the back, but wanted to know if I was missing out on an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back