FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
May 30, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #2,371 of 4,083
Did you enable high gain and over-ear mode as well?

Only over the ear, low gain

Is your 4.4 cable balanced? Is there a +/- for each channel - 4 total conductors?
The 2.5 and 4.4 are balanced sockets.

The 3.5 has a common so there are only 3 conductors. I assume is a 4.4 is not wired as balanced, it would be like the 3.5. My 4.4 balanced sounded better than the 3.5 to the same headphones. There is also more voltage available to the 4.4 - so might be that, but it did sound better to me.

My 4.4 is wired as balanced for sure.
image.jpg

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #2,372 of 4,083
There are probably exceptions, but generally:

- 3.5mm connections aren’t single-ended (TRS — tip-ring-shank — L+, R+, common ground)
- 2.5mm & 4.4mm connections are balanced (TRRS — tip-ring-ring-shank — L+, L-, R+, R-)

You will see TRRS connectors on earphones with microphones which are not balanced. Then the 4 poles are L+, R+, microphone, common ground.

May 30, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #2,374 of 4,083
Much better in terms of sound quality.
Are there specific settings you are using? I have it installed and bit perfect mode on. I am not really hearing any difference with the tidal app and uapp with my Solaris 2020 out of the 4.4 out.

May 30, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #2,376 of 4,083
Probably because CA IEMs sucks? :D
I think they far from suck. They compare quite nicely to my Hifiman HE1000 actually. I guess you prefer to not answer the question and just say my gear sucks. 🙄

May 31, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #2,377 of 4,083
I think they far from suck. They compare quite nicely to my Hifiman HE1000 actually. I guess you prefer to not answer the question and just say my gear sucks. 🙄
Maybe they both suck ?

May 31, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #2,380 of 4,083
I use M3U playlists on my M15 rather than the native playlists. I'm finding that the Fiio Music app can't find tracks that have folder names and track names with diacritical characters in them. For instance, I have a folder for albums by José González, and when Fiio Music tries to access a track in a playlist for one of the albums in that folder, it reports 'File not found' and skips to the next track in the playlist that doesn't have diacritics in the file path.

Is this a known issue for the Fiio Music app? I haven't run into this problem with my Shanling M3s DAP and the same music collection and playlists.

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #2,381 of 4,083
When next song is selected from other folder, during this short pause a click is clearly audible. Sometimes short and silent sometimes a little bit longer and louder. Is it related to different files codecs or files formats? Is it possible to mute this click in the next SW releases?

Adding recorded wav file for this click. Hope Fiio developers will comment and find the way how to fix this issue.

Attachments

• Fiio M15 click.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #2,382 of 4,083
When next song is selected from other folder, during this short pause a click is clearly audible. Sometimes short and silent sometimes a little bit longer and louder. Is it related to different files codecs or files formats? Is it possible to mute this click in the next SW releases?

Do you have All To DSD on? That sometimes gives me a click between tracks as well.

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #2,385 of 4,083
I only have the click noise when all to dsd is on. Strange! Which player do you use? Perhaps use other players and check if there is a difference. Good luck!
I'm using native Fiio player which is coming embedded from vendor of M15. Probably this player should be the best and fast in alignments with all those SW bugs fixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back