FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jun 4, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #2,403 of 4,083
I felt the same way about the M15 in the beginning, but after a week of intense listening sessions I noticed the bass benig more punchy and having more weight. Then again I rarely listen to anything but classical music and I want depth there but not so much 'weight' in the bass so to say. Good luck reviewing and trying them both!
Your mind will adjust.

Jun 4, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #2,404 of 4,083
So I received an N6ii with E02 today to audition and so far I prefer the M15. Now I am not sure how much time the E02 motherboard has on it so going to let it burn in for a day or two and listen again before sending it back. But I find the N6ii with E02 to have a warmer sound signature and definitely more weight and impact in the bass. I do however think the M15 has a more airy and open presentation to it. There is a lot more space in the soundstage. This was all with my Solaris 2020 with a 4.4 balanced cable. The only thing the N6ii experience makes me wish the M15 had was a bit more weight to the low end.
I felt the same way about the M15 in the beginning, but after a week of intense listening sessions I noticed the bass benig more punchy and having more weight. Then again I rarely listen to anything but classical music and I want depth there but not so much 'weight' in the bass so to say. Good luck reviewing and trying them both!
My M15 had about 300-400 hours on it now at this point so it is well broken in.
That should deffo be more than enough 😂
Yeah so I don't think it will change much in sound.
It took about 2 weeks of constant use "burn-in" for my M15 sound to evolve and grab on to my mind strongly enough for me to forget about the M15 OS modal limitations. Now my M15 sounds so good that I don't even want to take the time out to swap in the Topping D90 MQA / A90 in the M15's place. :sunglasses:

Actually I'm in the middle of "burning-in" a new set of TinHifi P1's, I want to get a good "read" on them with the M15 before switching to the D90 MQA / A90.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #2,405 of 4,083
Loving the M15, best dap I have used by far.

Anyway, wondering if there is a way to set the unit so that it goes to sleep though doesn’t shut down more fully. When it goes unused for 20 minutes or so, turning it back on takes a bit of time: turn on, checks card for issues, I restart UAPP, then uapp has to again scan for shuffle play, my preferred listening mode.

any help appreciated.
You can disable the "Power Off Timers" (under Android Settings => General) to off or a maximum "Idle Timeout" of 50 minutes, I have mine set for "10 minutes".

My M15 only powers off after I power off the computer - I mostly use it in USB DAC mode. I power off during the day at times and when I come back I need to power up the M15, but I don't find that problematic.

You might want to use the other 2 Sleep settings. The Sleep setting in the General=>"Power Off Timers" area I have set to "OFF", but that might be what you are looking to use instead of the "Idle Timeout" power off setting.

The other Sleep timer is in Settings=>Display, and I have that set to "15 seconds timeout". I only need the display visible when setting up the listening session, then I'd rather have the "Screen Saver"=>Clock showing randomly on the screen, preventing "Display burn-in".

I haven't tried the Sleep timeout - I would assume it's going to "Sleep" rather than power off, but that setting is in the "Power Off Timers" settings section. If you do try it, please let us know if it works :)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #2,406 of 4,083
New beta FW was posted on Facebook:

Hi, here comes the latest 0604 beta firmware for M11/M11Pro/M15.
Notice: this version is still under beta testing phase. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us at support@fiio.com. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Download link:

M11->fiio-file.fiio.net/M11-ota-20200604.zip
M11Pro->fiio-file.fiio.net/M11Pro-ota-20200604.zip
M15->fiio-file.fiio.net/M15-ota-20200604.zip

Update note:
1.Added support for screen rotation (can be set in the pull-down menu or in Settings -> General. The screen will rotate upside down when this option is enabled);
2.Added global MAQ support (now the player supports 8x MQA unfolding even when playing MAQ tracks in third-party apps. However it not include Tidal, Tidal will update a version to adapt our product later);
3.Added a new function of hiding the un-scanned or empty folders in Folder view menu (can be set in FiiO Music -> Settings -> Scan for music. When enabled, only the titles of the scanned tracks will be displayed in Folder view menu);
4.Added album art display in Folder view menu;
5.Added quick-charge indication with a motion effect
6.Added 'File size limit for album art' function (can be set in FiiO Music -> Settings. And after selecting a limit, the album art image whose file size exceeds this limit will not be displayed);
7.Added volume and battery display in USB DAC and Bluetooth receive mode;
8.Fixed the issue where the Google account data could not be backuped.
9.Miscellaneous improvements on performances.

Jun 4, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #2,407 of 4,083

Notice: this version is still under beta testing phase. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us at support@fiio.com. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Download link:

Update note:
1.Added support for screen rotation (can be set in the pull-down menu or in Settings -> General. The screen will rotate upside down when this option is enabled);
2.Added global MAQ support (now the player supports 8x MQA unfolding even when playing MAQ tracks in third-party apps. However it not include Tidal, Tidal will update a version to adapt our product later);
3.Added a new function of hiding the un-scanned or empty folders in Folder view menu (can be set in FiiO Music -> Settings -> Scan for music. When enabled, only the titles of the scanned tracks will be displayed in Folder view menu);
6.Added 'File size limit for album art' function (can be set in FiiO Music -> Settings. And after selecting a limit, the album art image whose file size exceeds this limit will not be displayed);

Thanks for letting us know!

Jun 4, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #2,408 of 4,083
New update indeed allows me to play 384k with UAPP for MQA files. There is now also an option to show the sample rate (under settings - display).
MVIMG_20200604_124232.jpg

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #2,409 of 4,083

Download link:

Update note:
Slightly annoying it doesn't work with Tidal. I will download it and test it out to be sure. But if it really is Tidal it is an annoying thing on Tidals end then.

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #2,411 of 4,083
Slightly annoying it doesn't work with Tidal. I will download it and test it out to be sure. But if it really is Tidal it is an annoying thing on Tidals end then.
I'm not really interested in BETA software on my M15 anyway, and that Tidal breakage took about 30 seconds to reinforce my decision. It does sound great once it's released on Tidal and FiiO's M15 firmware update hits their OTA updates.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #2,412 of 4,083
I'm not really interested in BETA software on my M15 anyway, and that Tidal breakage took about 30 seconds to reinforce my decision. :)
I don't think it breaks Tidal. It is that Tidal will operate as it has been only doing the first unfold of an MQA file and no more than that while other 3rd party apps are now capable of a full 8x unfold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back