FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jun 4, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #2,431 of 4,083
I installed the beta and in UAPP I can stream Tidal masters with full unfold. In the native Tidal app it is still only the first unfold. Will wait to see how long it takes for Tidal to update their app to support it now.
Shouldn't take too long..... I hope...
Have they been responsive in the past? Seems like it would be in their best interest to keep updating to improve the basis of their own service... :)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #2,433 of 4,083
I have to say the M15 is very close to the perfect DAP for me. It has amazing sound better to my ears than the others in its price range I have tried including the N6ii E02 and DX228. I will say the DX228 is very close in sound but the slow UI and not great battery life were both negatives for me with that player. I do wish that the M15 had a bit more weight and impact to it's bass presentation but it is very clean and detailed. What really gets me is the airyness and space that the soundstage has. It is so intoxicating to listen to especially with my Solaris 2020. I also wish it had a balanced line out like the Cayin does but that is getting nitpicky a bit.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #2,434 of 4,083
I have to say the M15 is very close to the perfect DAP for me. It has amazing sound better to my ears than the others in its price range I have tried including the N6ii E02 and DX228. I will say the DX228 is very close in sound but the slow UI and not great battery life were both negatives for me with that player. I do wish that the M15 had a bit more weight and impact to it's bass presentation but it is very clean and detailed. What really gets me is the airyness and space that the soundstage has. It is so intoxicating to listen to especially with my Solaris 2020. I also wish it had a balanced output like the Cayin does but that is getting nitpicky a bit.
But it has a balanced output, does it not?

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #2,435 of 4,083
Jun 4, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #2,437 of 4,083
Aaaaah there we go. I thought I was getting old 😂
I agree though a balanced line output would sort of 'complete' it :)

Good to hear you're enjoying it though!
Yes a balanced line out would complete it. I am definitely enjoying it. Hopefully I won't have the urge to switch to something different anytime soon....at least for my wallets sake haha.

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #2,438 of 4,083
What is the issue under Linux? A problem with USB 3.0 vs 2.0 kernel support?

I don't exactly know where the problem is - is it the USB stack on M15 or the USB (audio) implementation of the Linux kernel. In any case, it works under Windows and iOS (iPad) but not under Linux (I have a very recent kernel). I use LDAC BT DAC mode for now and it works but would prefer to be able to play DSD sometimes from my computer. I only have USB3 and I don't think it is a luxury to expect it to work with USB3 these days. I already informed FiiO. Let's see if they will be able to solve the issue...

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #2,440 of 4,083
Man, that's just asking for a better DAP to get released. Please come back and let us know when you've sighted it! :)
Haha, yeah I know I probably shouldn't have said anything. If I find it I will let you know. I can tell you I've ruled out the N6ii.

Jun 4, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #2,441 of 4,083
I never had any problems with any beta FW on M15, so I installed this one, too. So far looks stable. I didn't notice the DSD to / from FLAC switch clicks. The issue with USB DAC mode under Linux is still there.
I never had any problems with any beta FW on M15, so I installed this one, too. So far looks stable. I didn't notice the DSD to / from FLAC switch clicks. The issue with USB DAC mode under Linux is still there.
Hi, I've a recorded and added wav file to my my previous post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...attery-64-gb-rom-1299-99.920276/post-15649995

The issue still exist even with the latest June 4th beta installed.

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #2,443 of 4,083
New beta has very slow access to SD card folder from fiio app. Look like it loading every time accessing the folder to get album arts.
But UAPP works like a charm!

I think you can report this issue to FiiO, so that they can fix it in the release.

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #2,444 of 4,083
New beta has very slow access to SD card folder from fiio app. Look like it loading every time accessing the folder to get album arts.
But UAPP works like a charm!
Did you set the "File size limit for album art" in the FiiO App options? It defaults to the highest setting of 3M, there are 4 lessor size settings - you might try one of those to see if that speeds up the reading of the folders on your SD card.

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #2,445 of 4,083
Did you set the "File size limit for album art" in the FiiO App options? It defaults to the highest setting of 3M, there are 4 lessor size settings - you might try one of those to see if that speeds up the reading of the folders on your SD card.
Yep, even set to <600k still load every click that I went through each folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back