FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 19, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #421 of 4,083
That would most probably happen when the 3G/4G reception of the mobile phone is not good enough and it switches to 2G. Cellular interference on the audio mainly happens with 2G, and I would expect that many other DAPs would have the same issue with the 2G reception. For me the important interference related question would be WLAN reception on 2.4GHz. Did you try and/or notice anything during WLAN streaming?
i am done with daps that hiss , as that is a buzz killer for iems, I do not know why AK are the only ones who nail it in that regard, all my AK daps never had a problem with hiss and streaming with AK daps, but with fiio, ibasso and cayin the hiss is always there. Reading this is a deal breaker for me so I am buying again the sp2000 and be done with this

Jan 19, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #422 of 4,083
i am done with daps that hiss , as that is a buzz killer for iems, I do not know why AK are the only ones who nail it in that regard, all my AK daps never had a problem with hiss and streaming with AK daps, but with fiio, ibasso and cayin the hiss is always there. Reading this is a deal breaker for me so I am buying again the sp2000 and be done with this

Hiss is another topic and I have read on a Facebook post that even with Andromeda there is zero hiss with M15. That out of the way, WLAN 2.4GHz issue, I have not seen on SP1000(M) and KANN Cube, but on iBasso DAPs (which is solved by switching to a 5 GHz WLAN network). Does M15 have this issue, is an open question.

Last thing is the cellular interference from the mobile phone. That you could have even through your HP/IEM cables, so even the proper DAP insulation cannot help there. It should not happen with 3G (UMTS) and 4G (LTE), and possibly also 5G, but only with 2G. The older 2G (GSM) system is still a fallback system when the newer 3/4/5G reception is not good enough.

So there are 3 different things here, and the most important one, for me, is if it has the WLAN 2.4GHz interference issue.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #423 of 4,083
Agree with you AK nail the zero hiss.

Jan 19, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #425 of 4,083
Except the Cube. This is why I am purchasing the M15. Hopefully having zero hiss from my Solaris and Andromeda Gold.
I have not noticed any hiss with the cube and the se846

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #426 of 4,083
Does anyone know, or had FiiO confirmed that the M15 will be updated with newer android later on?

Definitely not dealing with amazon HD issues again on android 7.

Jan 20, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #429 of 4,083
Jan 20, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #432 of 4,083

Users who are viewing this thread

Back