FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Feb 9, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #1,021 of 4,083
2. The Samsung 7872 SoC is limited to Android 7 support. This is a result of Google's Play Services policy, and would require Samsung to update their SoC support for the latest Android versions. To date Samsung has shown no inclination to update their now 3-year-old SoC, and likely never will.

This is not a result of Google's policy !

It's Samsung's policy not to update the 7872 SDK to Android 9 or above.

M11 and Google Play Store

Dear friend,

In Android 7.0 or newer Android version, the Google play service is only supported after passing the GMS certification. Currently, Google has closed the channel of GMS certification for version before Android 9.0.
Since any development for the M11 should be based on the SoC used--Samsung 7872 and its Software Development Kit (SDK). But unfortunately, the supplier can only provide it in Android 7.0. So we can’t find a solution to upgrade to higher version while bypassing the provided SDK. Hope you can kindly understand.

Best regards

Feb 9, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #1,022 of 4,083
@gLer

Great post that echoes my thoughts on the subject. I made my decision knowing all these facts and to be fair I can live without UAPP on this device.

On a different note....vocals are simply stunning on the M15, I've not heard vocals reproduced in such detail and so smoothly as I hear with the M15

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #1,023 of 4,083
Can any other M15 owners confirm whether or not they got their DAP with a glass protector pre-installed on it? I had the black plastic that resembles the default wallpaper (showing the AK4499 chips) and when I took that off all there was was the glass screen itself.

Thanks in advance.

1581288013242.png

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #1,024 of 4,083
Can any other M15 owners confirm whether or not they got their DAP with a glass protector pre-installed on it? I had the black plastic that resembles the default wallpaper (showing the AK4499 chips) and when I took that off all there was was the glass screen itself.

Thanks in advance.

1581288013242.png

The screen protector is part of that, there should be a small tab in the corner to peel the top layer away.

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #1,025 of 4,083

Thanks in advance.

Nope,I dont see one unless it is too thin,there was one on the back + one provided in the package

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #1,027 of 4,083
Feb 9, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #1,031 of 4,083
I think the loose one in the package, is for the back panel which it fits perfectly. I do not think it was intended to be for the front screen.

That was my thoughts too, but the front of the device is curved towards the screen edges so it would have always had to have been cut more narrow anyways. Oh well, its not a big deal I was just more-so cruise about the picture FiiO tweeted because it doesn’t match what’s in the box/applied to the screen.

Feb 9, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #1,033 of 4,083
I am really disliking the button layout on the left hand side. Since the DAP isn't small or light you need a firm grip to pick it up and pushing those buttons is far too easy. I wish it was just a simple "buttons do not work if screen is off" type thing instead of this hold switch.

Being nit picky for sure but it's enough to bug me to where I feel I should share my thoughts about it here. You basically have to shut off the screen every time then flick the hold switch if you are putting the DAP into your pocket. Not really a deal breaker I guess, just more of an annoyance?

Also this multi function key is annoying too, there is no setting to disable the key fully so since I use Spotify I just set it to a function that has no use outside of the FiiO music app to make it redundant.

Still enjoying the sound at least! Having trouble deciding if this is overkill for an IEM user only, there's so much power available and the ability to fine tune the volume isn't the best. For example with my M5 I find that volume below 35/120 (low gain) isn't sufficient enough but anything over 40 starts to get into the loud areas. I think maybe if it was scaled to something higher like 150 instead of 120 volume levels it would be better (as as a sensitive IEM user that is).
Which dap are you now thinking to get ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back