FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Feb 8, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #996 of 4,083
looking for a custom cable for my headphones,better to go balanced 2.5mm/4.4mm termination(pentaconn) or 3.5mm is fine with m15?
s-l640.jpg
pentaconn-4-4-mm-trrrs-5-pole-straight-gold-balanced.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #997 of 4,083
looking for order a custom cable for my headphones,better to go balanced 2.5mm/4.4mm termination or 3.5mm is fine with m15?

I’d go 4.4mm if possible just because I like how sturdy it is. The SE output on the M15 is fantastic though, if 3.5mm is more convenient then I’d choose that. 2.5mm would be my last pick.

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #998 of 4,083
I'm trying to get Neutron running on the M15. I've previously purchased Neutron so I don't want to pay for it again through APK Pure. I know my username is setup for both google play and pay pro. Can I download the apk from Neutron and just install it? Do I use the Neon or ARM version?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #1,000 of 4,083
I'm trying to get Neutron running on the M15. I've previously purchased Neutron so I don't want to pay for it again through APK Pure. I know my username is setup for both google play and pay pro. Can I download the apk from Neutron and just install it? Do I use the Neon or ARM version?

Thanks!
yes you can just download it from neutron. It's what I did. the google play registration will not work. but your pay pro license will work. I used the ARM64 version.

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #1,001 of 4,083

Thanks!

You have to buy again to get it installed manually as it states here:
https://neutronmp.com/faq/10-fix-no-google-play-services

"Please note, if you purchased Neutron in Google Play the license check on Android device without Google Play services will not work. You will need to buy another license from PayPro or Huawei to be able to use Neutron on an Android device without Google Play services."

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #1,002 of 4,083
"Please note, if you purchased Neutron in Google Play the license check on Android device without Google Play services will not work. You will need to buy another license from PayPro or Huawei to be able to use Neutron on an Android device without Google Play services."

Ahh I guess I misunderstood, I thought they had purchased both ways already.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #1,003 of 4,083
Ahh I guess I misunderstood, I thought they had purchased both ways already.

Thanks for the help guys. I installed the ARM64 and it works fine, but the license says I have 143 hours left.

You didn't misunderstand. I do have both a Paypro license and google play license.

Did you have to activate the Paypro license? Where do I put in my account information? Under account it just says google.

[Nevermind--I found it. You just use the '+' icon to add account information.]

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #1,005 of 4,083
I've just reached the 100 hour burn-in period and I'm done here. It's usually the time for an amplifier to break.in. What I notice is a tighter, more controlled bass and a bit more airiness, openness and refinement. It's not sounding anything like the M15 out of the box that was mainly bass :L3000:

I haven’t done any burning in without listening myself but I do agree that upon first listen it does sound a bit muffled. Did a lot of A/B’ing earlier with my dx160/228ex and it is definitely opening up. I am not even close to 100 hours though.

Also I am slow for this but I’ve just realized the provided screen protector is cut small because the screen curves at the edges and if it were to cover the whole thing it simply wouldn’t adhere properly. Whoops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back