FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Apr 3, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #1,893 of 4,083
Guys in Europe, where are you buying the M15 from?
I got mine from Amazon just before the whole covid19 took hold, think its hard to get in Europe at the minute

Apr 3, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #1,895 of 4,083
I'm quite a few weeks into using my M15 and it just seems to improve with more hours on it, sound is just sublime. I struggle to find many faults with it as a DAP if I'm honest.

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #1,897 of 4,083
The change that I most notice now at about 200hours was a very bassy, warm DAP at first listen and now it's quite analyticaL

Are you using the FiiO application? If yes, try using something else like UAPP. FiiO application has a very obvious modification to the PCM / FLAC playback. With UAPP PCM and DSD playback sounds pretty much the same but with FiiO application there is less detail in every area. I tried asking for the reason and FiiO says it is because of different decoding algorithms, but I don't understand still what decoding algorithm (other than maybe floating point conversion) is needed for PCM / FLAC data.

Yes, otherwise a great DAP. Today I received the matt screen protection film and applied one to the front glass and one to the back which made it less slippery.

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #1,898 of 4,083
Are you using the FiiO application? If yes, try using something else like UAPP. FiiO application has a very obvious modification to the PCM / FLAC playback. With UAPP PCM and DSD playback sounds pretty much the same but with FiiO application there is less detail in every area. I tried asking for the reason and FiiO says it is because of different decoding algorithms, but I don't understand still what decoding algorithm (other than maybe floating point conversion) is needed for PCM / FLAC data.

Yes, otherwise a great DAP. Today I received the matt screen protection film and applied one to the front glass and one to the back which made it less slippery.
No, I'm using Deezer and Tidal via UAPP only (Deezer's app sounds as good as Tidal via UAPP - don't ask, was always like this)

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #1,900 of 4,083
EEC6AC96-77C5-400B-8E58-2E0351EB169F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back