FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Mar 5, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #1,562 of 4,083
i have none, dream of Stellia but it is too expensive. Maybe one day. But they should both sound excellent, i assume Stellia is better, it is appreciated by many people while about hd820 i read not everyone is satisfied.
Stellia sounded meh.

Mar 5, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #1,563 of 4,083
Another quick question: which one pairs better with M15, Stellia or HD820? I assume none of them will be sibilant with M15. Thanks.

I have Stellia and HD800, and M15 can drive both pretty fine, though Stellia is easier to drive. For the HD820: I think this is a very special case. If you are looking for closed HPs, yes these are closed but also not as it leaks a lot, in and out. For me Stellia is the best option if you are looking for good isolation and decent sound. There is also Denon/Fostex series of closed cans. I had the TH900. It is easy to drive, sounds very fun and I would expect it to sound pretty good with warmer M15 but it also leaks out a lot, and not really suitable for office environment. Maybe @jmills8 can comment about the Denon 9200, which as I understand shares a similar DNA. He mentioned once that the isolation with 9200 is better than TH900.

Mar 5, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #1,564 of 4,083
I have Stellia and HD800, and M15 can drive both pretty fine, though Stellia is easier to drive. For the HD820: I think this is a very special case. If you are looking for closed HPs, yes these are closed but also not as it leaks a lot, in and out. For me Stellia is the best option if you are looking for good isolation and decent sound. There is also Denon/Fostex series of closed cans. I had the TH900. It is easy to drive, sounds very fun and I would expect it to sound pretty good with warmer M15 but it also leaks out a lot, and not really suitable for office environment. Maybe @jmills8 can comment about the Denon 9200, which as I understand shares a similar DNA. He mentioned once that the isolation with 9200 is better than TH900.
Loved the TH900 MK2. They're really good and fun indeed.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #1,565 of 4,083

That's interesting and it's going to make the choices more complicated. Never considered this brand of hp before. I assume both the TH900 Mk2 and 9200 are musical and not analytical in nature, especially when paired with M15? For me a little sound leak is ok as long as not leaking like the open backs that the wife is complaining bitterly.

Am I turning this thread to a headphone thread? Please advise if I should post questions like these to another thread.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #1,566 of 4,083
Loved the TH900. They're really good and fun indeed.

They are also very light and comfortable. My wife found the highs a bit too sharp and the bass too strong, but for me they were very fun to listen to, and with M15 it should sound good. I actually bought TH900 and HD800 at the same time, about 5 (maybe more) years ago, she immediately picked the HD800 and still using it for music and mixing. I loved the TH900 especially for playing PS4 games. :)

That's interesting and it's going to make the choices more complicated. Never considered this brand of hp before. I assume both the TH900 Mk2 and 9200 are musical and not analytical in nature, especially when paired with M15? For me a little sound leak is ok as long as not leaking like the open backs that the wife is complaining bitterly.

Would be great if you could test them, or check with the HeadFi forums. If you are looking for a closed back HP with decent sound, very good isolation, very comfortable fit Stellia is very good. It is also delivered with a great carry case. It is most of the time in my backpack or my luggage, whenever I have a business trip. I can only recommend. Still taking a few more opinions other than mine would be good.

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #1,567 of 4,083
They are also very light and comfortable. My wife found the highs a bit too sharp and the bass too strong, but for me they were very fun to listen to, and with M15 it should sound good. I actually bought TH900 and HD800 at the same time, about 5 (maybe more) years ago, she immediately picked the HD800 and still using it for music and mixing. I loved the TH900 especially for playing PS4 games. :)

Would be great if you could test them, or check with the HeadFi forums. If you are looking for a closed back HP with decent sound, very good isolation, very comfortable fit Stellia is very good. It is also delivered with a great carry case. It is most of the time in my backpack or my luggage, whenever I have a business trip. I can only recommend. Still taking a few more opinions other than mine would be good.
20190326_184337.jpg

Mar 5, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #1,571 of 4,083
Fiio M15/Audeze LCD I3 is proving to be a stunning combo for me this evening.

Mar 5, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #1,572 of 4,083
Fiio M15/Audeze LCD I3 is proving to be a stunning combo for me this evening.
LCD-i3 is probably one of the best IEMs under 2000€ and nobody figured that out yet. Uses plenty of the technology of the LCD-i4. One puts one for sale here for about 2 months, 3k visualizations and nobody buys it. lol. How blind people are about this IEM. Just if they could imagine :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #1,573 of 4,083
LCD-i3 is probably one of the best IEMs under 2000€ and nobody figured that out yet. Uses plenty of the technology of the LCD-i4. One puts one for sale here for about 2 months, 3k visualizations and nobody buys it. lol. How blind people are about this IEM. Just if they could imagine :wink:
Why you selling the Audeze?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back